Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont think Swann and Co would have looked everywhere in the main Brisbane area. We have decided to go to Ipswitch because there doesn't seem to be a better place for our needs when all factors are taken in. Pretty sure Swann et al. know more than you...
No, they have been pre occupied dressing Springfield pig, it was the goal of the process not independant.
Brisbane a big place look harder!

And how do you know Swann knows more than I do?

Some facts for you, I've lived in the greater Brisbane area for over fifty years and know it pretty well and know moving away from customer base is always a poor idea.

Swann's a blow in waiting for retirement, appeasing his Chairman!

You didn't answer my question can you name two businesses that have succeeded after moving away from its customer base?

As you mature the conclusion jumping will moderate.

Last edited:
No, they have been pre occupied dressing Springfield pig, it was the goal of the process not independant.

Come on, you never bothered digging up anywhere to suggest last time. Maybe this time you'll be able to do so if it's so easy - where is this perfect place? If not, give up the ranting on how there has to be somewhere better.

Come on, you never bothered digging up anywhere to suggest last time. Maybe this time you'll be able to do so if it's so easy - where is this perfect place? If not, give up the ranting on how there has to be somewhere better.
Can you name two businesses that have succeeded after moving away from it's customer base.

Can you name two businesses that have succeeded after moving away from it's customer base.
You first. Surely it can't be that hard, right? If you can't then move on from your rant about it.

Some facts for you, I've lived in the greater Brisbane area for over fifty years and know it pretty well and know moving away from customer base is always a poor idea.

You didn't answer my question can you name two businesses that have succeeded after moving away from its customer base?

Mods, can you permaban this idiot?

Mods, can you permaban this idiot?
Because he disagrees with the group think? Yeah he doesn't have the nicest style but he hasn't responded or stooped to the name calling that I've seen thrown his way the last few days.

I honestly think the reaction by some posters to him has been way OTT. Seen a lot worse over the years change over time to be pretty positive contributors.

You first. Surely it can't be that hard, right? If you can't then move on from your rant about it.
When I have had the time to research properly I will answer.

The excuse they are pinning their hat on so to speak, is can't get approval for the Small Stadium.

The Business case for this small Stadium has not been proved as yet.

More likely the small stadium will be white elephant as Womens AFL has not proven it has a future as yet.

When I have had the time to research properly I will answer.

Awesome. When you do that, PM it to me and if it isn't already covered in this thread as to why it's inappropriate you can post in the thread again. Until then your laughable schtick needs to stop.

Thank god for that!

Ipswich Lions almost dead?

Why anyone would propose or support the Lions moving away from a potential one million customer base, is astonishing to me!

Can any of the supporters give two examples of a business moving away from it's main customer base and succeeding?

You won't find any!

Suggest this Ipswich Lions idea to be let fade away, never to be mentioned again?

Just plain bad business!

There's a small English Football team called Manchester United...their main T&A base in on the outskirts of Manchester and 30+ minutes away from their home ground Old Trafford. They go OK usually :thumbsu:

800px-MUFC_training_ground_Carrington.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dallas Cowboys... play in Arlington, train in Frisco.

New York Giants, New York Jets and Washington Redskins don't even play in the same state that they are named after,

Dallas Cowboys... play in Arlington, train in Frisco.

New York Giants, New York Jets and Washington Redskins don't even play in the same state that they are named after,
Yeah the distance between the state the Redskins play in versus the state they're named after is basically a whole continent.

You do realise that we're talking about a training and Admin base, yeah?

As opposed to a home ground to play games on.

Now I'm assuming you're a customer so I'm wondering how inconvenienced (as a loyal customer) you are going to be having to go to watch training at Springfield, or indeed how this mooted move is going to be inimical to your club administering

I refuse to accept you're over 50.....
Picturing you as an angry 17 year old is all that''s holding my opinion of you together.

Young misguided passion I can cop all day.... An over 50 drongo...... That lasts about 20 seconds.

I refuse to accept you're over 50.....
Picturing you as an angry 17 year old is all that''s holding my opinion of you together.

Young misguided passion I can cop all day.... An over 50 drongo...... That lasts about 20 seconds.
Some of us resemble that remark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back