Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope.

Look for another analogy.

Bradbury won by accident, Priddis won via hard work and constant contribution. He may not be the most talented, but he still polled a higher number of votes than anyone else.

Only Abblett can really be used as someone who missed out. Brownlow is a best and fairest and Fyfe lost out because he wasn't the fairest player.

Priddis, working class hero.

How about the tortoise and the hare analogy?

22 consistent games from Priddis whilst all the favourites got suspended and injured at various points in the 2nd half of the season

What an absolute joke.

No other West Coast player polled more than 10 votes and they had the easiest draw beating up on the shit teams. Such an unworthy winner.

He didn't make the All Australian team for a reason.
Good on you for not sounding bitter. Maybe if your bloke wasnt getting suspended..... twice, Priddis would have come second.

What an absolute joke.

No other West Coast player polled more than 10 votes and they had the easiest draw beating up on the shit teams. Such an unworthy winner.

He didn't make the All Australian team for a reason.
Maybe if Fyfe stops belting blokes he'll play enough games to lead the count ;)

Look well done Priddis for winning it, I hope he isn't mortified and I almost fell sorry for him. Good on him. But the umps seriously need to take a look at each other and think wth just happened.

You know what, we already have the AFLCA Award to identify who the coaches think is the best player and if the umps want to lean more heavily towards "Fairest" than the "Best" aspect fine by me. Ablett elbowed Picken in the face, Fyfe hit Lewis, Buddy has plenty of cheap shots to his name, no one can claim Priddis isn't a fair player/good bloke.

Nope.

Bradbury won by accident, Priddis won via hard work and constant contribution. He may not be the most talented, but he still polled a higher number of votes than anyone else.

Only Abblett can really be used as someone who missed out. Brownlow is a best and fairest and Fyfe lost out because he wasn't the fairest player.

Hmmm, you're saying Bradbury didn't work hard? He was actually good enough to be in the semi finals of the olympics, and then needed some luck to make it to the finals and then win it. Priddis worked his way to becoming one of the better midfielders in the competition, and then the perfect storm came through a combination of others stealing votes of each other etc and he won it.

The perfect definition of a Bradbury if I ever saw one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about the tortoise and the hare analogy?

22 consistent games from Priddis whilst all the favourites got suspended and injured at various points in the 2nd half of the season
Definitely.

Though this is overplaying things a little, only a couple of the favorites had genuine setbacks.. Shows how much our other midfielders need to step up.

If a bloke off the rookie list, who has limited athleticism and natural flash can win, then why can't players like Gaff, Wellingham, Masten, Scooter etc. do more.

Nope.

The Bradbury analogy is probably apt, but not for the reason everyone thinks.

Both Priddis and Bradbury ascended to the top of their profession, primarily through hard work and overcoming adversity.

I grew up watching him play and whilst I didnt think he would ever be a Brownlow medalist, good on him.

Im also glad Fyfe didnt win outright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back