Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know A) What Priddis was paying on the "TAB"
And B ) Was he in the group of "Any player unlisted" I can't check it online as I did it through the TAB with a ticket.

I'm hoping he wasn't in the group, I can't remember but I multi'd it in with:
"Players not quoted" / Sydney paying $14.40 you'd think at those odds he wasn't quoted surely?

Oh please enough with those cherry picking stats.

Priddis impact on the game is negligible, how many games has he won off his boot? When comparing to Judd and Cousins its embarrassing to even have this bloke to come top 3 in voting.
So to win the brownlow you have to win the game off of your boot do you? Stynes? Libba? Couch? Wanganeen? All great players but not sure they ever consistently won games off of their own boot. It's a midfielders medal we all know that. What tonight's result shows is that consistent hard work pays off. It just sounds to me by reading your posts that you might be a little jealous of your Blue & Gold neighbours?

I'm hoping he wasn't in the group, I can't remember but I multi'd it in with:
"Players not quoted" / Sydney paying $14.40 you'd think at those odds he wasn't quoted surely?

Priddis winning was worth it for the melt from salty salty Fremantle supporters alone. Teach Fyfe not to be a dirty sniper and he might be on Priddis' level one day I reckon.

You won't find that many salty Fremantle supporters actually. I think most of us are relieved that Fyfe didn't poll most votes and if you read our board, most of us are quite pleased for Priddis, a humble winner who works hard week in week out.

As for Robbie Gray, only dipshits who know nothing about footy like this Quant fella would say he's overrated. Didn't poll as much as everyone thought he would but I'm guessing that's because the umpires hadn't "noticed" him like they do with some of the favourites like Selwood, Dangerfield etc. I'll expect him to poll a lot more next year. He's been a fantastic player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having watched every eagles game this year, Priddis owes half his votes to Nic Nat armchair ruckwork. Seems to be his main target of his ruckwork. The rest of his disposals are just bustling pack work. Very consistent player Priddis throughout a game but never seen him tagged. hard for umpires to guage effectiveness but Eagles play better mainly when Nic nat is on song and Gaff and Shuey get supply . Not a bad winner as he has played consistently for years but has been labelled by the media and fans alike as a honest but not the main factor at west coast. though great effort by Priddis considering he is no spring chicken. should have been all australian before Heppell as he has put consistently high level seasons together but not a media darling

How many people have lost money on this tonight? LOL
Say what?

2YBfv3Z.jpg

Mrp eh? Made their presence felt again.

Congratulations matt priddis.

Bookies will be drinking dom while snorting substances from various exotic places tonight.

watch the betting ads go crazy after tonight.

Happy for Priddis, especially after all the close calls on AA selection, thought he could maybe poll well, but didn't think he would win it.
Seems a good bloke and helps him shed any 'always the bridesmaid' talk, also better for Fyfe not to have a Chris Grant / Corey McKernan experience :thumbsu:

not even surprised priddis won, had a v.solid year.

more surprised that Danger polled 21 fking votes!!!!:eek:o_O
Seriously, 21 votes? I am a big fan of Dangerfield, but didn't think this was a great year for him, didn't seem to have the same impact. Wow.

What I love about Spud

um no. I think every club supporters are because the best player didn't win the brownlow.

Nat Fyfe, Franklin, Kennedy, Boak etc... were deserving winners.

How do you not get picked for AA, but win the brownlow.

Eagle fans were calling for his head end of season and now he supposedly the best player in the comp lol
It's not the best , it's the best and FAIREST so that why Sniper Fyfe didn't win !

He didn't get picked for AA because he is a
Non Victorian playing for a non Victorian team who didn't make the finals . It's hard to believe a player in the top 3 for disposals , clearances , tackles and contested possessions doesn't make it .

Also eagles fans were not calling for his head . We have a 340 page thread on priddis where about 10 priddis haters circle jerk about needing to delist him ! Not exactly a an accurate cross section .

I'm stoked priddis won it he has had a great year we almost made finals losing a lot of close games that he polled in because he played very well . The reason priddis got so many votes is that its a
Midfielders award and WCE don't have many other well performed mids taking votes off him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back