Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people stop trying to be understanding about being a close loss we're a young team blah blah ****ing blah . We have lost 9 straight and only won 3 out of 19 . We have won 4 games 15 being decided by a kick , that's pathetic. If this is not the ****ing coaches fault I don't know what is . Resign Brad please or can't the ****ing useless board sack him . NOW !

Can people stop trying to be understanding about being a close loss we're a young team blah blah ******* blah . We have lost 9 straight and only won 3 out of 19 . We have won 4 games 15 being decided by a kick , that's pathetic. If this is not the ******* coaches fault I don't know what is . Resign Brad please or can't the ******* useless board sack him . NOW !

And how many of those 4-15 were Drew and Boomer playing in?

At what point do the players wake up and make on field moves? It's easier for Ziebell to get everyone back instead of the coach getting a runner out there.

if we have some divine intervention hopefully this is his legacy.
View attachment 361104

b6943f9d68c947d443ddc2756d683334.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't actually don't really have a problem with Brad Scott but like a lot of very successful leaders say - there's only so many years you should be in charge before it's time to hand over the reigns.

I think that time has come this year. I've said it a couple of times but I actually think brad will step down around round 15 - 18 when we have only won a few games.

I don't actually don't really have a problem with Brad Scott but like a lot of very successful leaders say - there's only so many years you should be in charge before it's time to hand over the reigns.

I think that time has come this year. I've said it a couple of times but I actually think brad will step down around round 15 - 18 when we have only won a few games.

Won a few games. Wouldn't that be just bliss

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This group does not possess what it takes to win an AFL game. It's an 0-22 season and he won't see the end of it. He may not survive next week's annual humiliation against the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can everyone just stop falling for the we are a young side narrative. First 4 rounds we were the 7th oldest team... tonight we weren't any younger.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 4
I thought leaving a gut runner in Clarke out was a masterstroke.

Being a long ground the more inside players, and carrying extra near finished mature talls against a rubbish fwd line, the better.

o_O

if we have some divine intervention hopefully this is his legacy.
View attachment 361104

the perfect example of players making a coach, you want the bloke that is coaching the bottom of the ladder club and has as many wins as Scott this year, next I'll hear you say Longers can do better.

the only problem with Scott is he has far too much trust in the established players, needs to swing the axe this week, but it won't happen.

Playing near finished players, and still losing?

I don't know, but I suspect we we're older than Dockers tonight.

After near a decade in charge, with nothing to show for it?

Still rookie mistakes?

Tick Tock Brad.

Last edited:
Playing near finished players, and still losing?

I don't know, but I suspect we we're older than Dockers tonight.

After near a decade in charge, with nothing to show for it?

Still rookie mistakes?

Tick Tock Brad.

Great effort by the team, but another unlucky loss. Still, play like that next week and we should win.

I thought this was appropriate for here as well.

At let me preface what comes next with me stating that I have been advocating for a down year this year to get some genuine good youth into the team via the draft and accelerate our rebound by getting games into kids. Also, I am so used to Brad Scott coached teams spudding it up that I'm numb to this kind of choke.

And let's call a spade for a spade here. It was another choke in a season of chokes, in a career of chokes. But I digress.

As soon as the side was selected it was apparent that he was setting the side up to fail. We have played 3 forwards since forever, and he picks a side that gauruntees our only genuine key forward is going to have to spend time in the ruck. Now not only does that rob us of structure but it also means our only genuine key forward, who has a persistent knee problem, has to expose himself to rucking against a man Mountain in Sandilands.

Geez I felt sorry for Brown having to carry our entire forward line and spend significant minutes in the ruck. All with a reinjured knee.

You wouldn't have known I felt sorry for him because I was laughing at the stupidity of it all.

People claim playing Maj wasn't a good idea because it would leave us without run. Why not play Maj for Thomas? I personally think Thomas is a cheat of a footballer, as do the vast majority of the footballing public. However if you don't subscribe to that view, fair enough. That said he has been so short of AFL standard this year that playing him this week shows that Brad Scott can't select an appropriate team. He was absolute rubbish last week, having been very poor for the first three weeks. But tonight was one of the worst games I have ever seen someone play at AFL level. 6 possessions, and probably 6 free kicks against. It literally wouldn't have been worse if we played a man down.

Literally.

To think that Hrovat got dropped to keep Thomas in the team. Once again i find it hard not to actually laugh.

That brings me to swallow. Imagine Maj in for Thomas and Clarke in for swallow. We win by what? 5..... 6 goals? I'm not potting Spitta because he's trying his best, and it's the coach that incorrectly picks him.

Brad talks about "legacys". What is he doing to Swallow's legacy? Swallow has been overtaken by dumont that fast it's given him whiplash. But the problem is he is no longer AFL standard. So the best thing Scott can come up with is to play him as a half forward. Early in the preseason spitta said in an interview he was trying to add an outside string to his bow. We (well most of us) all laughed at the absurdity of it all, as if it was some sort of joke. Yet it's actually a "tactic" the coaching panel are running with each week. I honestly don't know if that's tanking or them trying to win.

I really don't.

We have been infront 80% of gametime this year and we haven't won a game.

Again, 0-5 doesn't worry me because I don't want to paper over cracks. But unless Scott is actually tanking then his year so far highlights his incompetence.

That makes me wonder about the last 4 years and what might have been with someone that knows what they are doing at the helm.

the perfect example of players making a coach, you want the bloke that is coaching the bottom of the ladder club and has as many wins as Scott this year, next I'll hear you say Longers can do better.

the only problem with Scott is he has far too much trust in the established players, needs to swing the axe this week, but it won't happen.
I think you have forgotten what the Hawks looked like when that bloke got there oh and the four premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back