Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we keep losing because its the only way things are going to change.
What a ridiculous, disloyal, cowardly thing to say.

If you want the team to keep losing it is obviously quite pointless you masquerading yourself as a "supporter".

We haven't won a game since July 2016.

IF we win against Gold Coast it will be 274 days since a win. And that's IF we win. Obviously it's a bit of a nothing stat as the entire off season and most of the 2016 Finals are included in that but the last time we went that long between wins was 343 days between Round 21, 1971 and Round 17, 1972.

If Higgins had played....

If Goldy hadn't been injured the last ten minutes..

Its a season of ifs wats coulda shoulda...
Yep IF only we'd appointed Saintly coach by now.

We COULDA done it even after the season began and he told us all what Brad was doing wrong.

We SHOULDA even done it last week because he told us all what caused the Good Friday loss - Brad's coaching. Then it happened again tonight - same cause.

These solutions to all our problems are so damn obvious but the powers that be JUST DON'T GET IT.

Do senior figures in management need to go too - Carl Dilena and Ben Buckley even? To be replaced by others who can actually see the bleeding obvious?!

Fact : three of the top four last year were playing a fast attacking brand last year(the swans , being the ultimate pressure team of 2016, was the outlier) the Bulldogs won the flag playing a similar brand to the swans and out-pressured the, - barely - in the GF - the dogs were the form team of September. they had an awesome press, a tough, classy midfield, a gun match day coach,, devasting short kicking and hand balls . The wouldn't just bomb it in to a crowded forward lie
They would move it around with said short kicking and hand ball until they had opened up a short spearing pass to the likes of Smith and Dunkley, Dickson. They didn't have a dominant big man - until Boyd stepped up. But still dint just bom it in to him. They had the skill to go short.
They would awesome but they won this flag against the current football trend

The best two teams at the moment are Adelaide and GWS imho - attacking teams.
So now we are playing a tackiling pressure game. Ala Freo, Dogs and Swans - but with mistake riddled short kicking and woeful, embarrassing handballing. Mostly we just have to bomb it in because we can't move it around like dogs .
He is coaching a defensive style which hasnt ultimately worked for better teams like the swans of 2016. And the dockers of 2015. But we also are forced to use bombs into the forward line because we can't set up and execute like the dogs. They found a way to make it work - with a better team.
He looks at the dogs and sees the future instead of the past.
He lacks the players and the nous to make this work.
The team selection, structures and skills are just killing us against good opposition( even those paying poorly like the dogs cats and dockers)
Scott won't be sacked. If the team keeps working and pressuring teams like it has, north will crush a quite few ordinary teams but keep losing to the big boys.
Even if we squeak out 8-l0 wins against ordinary teams it won't stop us from being ordinary.
He will stick with Gibson, Swallow and Thomas. Just like he did with Bastinacs and Blacks nightmarish seasons in 2014(remember) because they were really good in 2013. His stubborn faith in guys who used to do it for him has been a trait which has dogged us for years. And will continue to do so.
The work rate and 8-10 wins will keep him in the job.
And he will persist with swallow and Thomas and this shitful inappropriate game plan. we have too many good players and too high a work rate to finish low enough to
get access to a super talent in the draft and we will be stuck with this dud coach.
Truly upsetting. It's like watch a car accident in slow motion

Why are you people losing your shit over these losses? If you ask me, Scott is playing this beautifully. Keep blooding kids but retain Swallow and Thomas as they will **** it up eventually and we will lose. We are a sure fire thing for a top 3 draft pick the way we're going. The coach is a genius, the AFL dont suspect a thing.

I've been an advocate of Brad Scott for a long time, but it's time that he showed something as a leader. He needs to look Spitta and Boof in the eye and tell them they're cooked. Either of these blokes play against GC, he's taking the piss. If we get rolled, he can pack his bags.

We've lost 10 games in a row.
Panic signs here right now.

10 LOSSES IN A ROW. WOW

Actually we have lost 5 in a row.

I'm looking at the ladder and I'm pretty sure its 2017 now.

Actually we have lost 5 in a row.

I'm looking at the ladder and I'm pretty sure its 2017 now.

perhaps, but if you ad up all the losses since the last AFL win, then how many does it come too, bit more than 5 I tell ya.

Lots of small losses can be mentally devastating to a team.

Club is a larf, coach is a larf, match selection people are a larf. Sad thing is they dont see it, only people on the outer do. Other sad thing is that club is not doing anything about it to turn it around. They got rid of Boomer (when he was in better form than some of the current plodders) under the guise of looking to the future & freeing up spots for new guys. Well that has worked , hasnt it?

Would of though Boomer would have been good for a goal & a couple of assists which might have changed the results of the close ones, but who knows and who has a clue. The club doesnt thats for sure.

More pain to come , IMO.

Last edited:
Petrie was done after 2015. To say he should have been kept and we'd win the game is complete bullshit.

Our club actually made a pretty gutsy move getting rid of 5 senior players but that's not good enough.

Boomer was a selfish player who was in self preservation mode, never chased, rarely tackled. I'm glad the club said bye.

Get over it FFS

perhaps, but if you ad up all the losses since the last AFL win, then how many does it come too, bit more than 5 I tell ya.

Lots of small losses can be mentally devastating to a team.

Club is a larf, coach is a larf, match selection people are a larf. Sad thing is they dont see it, only people on the outer do. Other sad thing is that club is not doing anything about it to turn it around. They got rid of Boomer (when he was in better form than some of the current plodders) under the guise of looking to the future & freeing up spots for new guys. Well that has worked , hasnt it?

Would of though Boomer would have been good for a goal & a couple of assists which might have changed the results of the close ones, but who knows and who has a clue. The club doesnt thats for sure.

More pain to come , IMO.

Don't care about last year, different list, different team. 2016 is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been an advocate of Brad Scott for a long time, but it's time that he showed something as a leader. He needs to look Spitta and Boof in the eye and tell them they're cooked. Either of these blokes play against GC, he's taking the piss. If we get rolled, he can pack his bags.
We will lose to GC at home then lose to the Crows and Scott will be still be coach the Board will still retain him as they are weak gutless and Stupid.
Then even if he did go who takes over?
Crocker Tudor please
We need a whole clean out of the coaches players and board

My major concern with having Brad Scott as a coach with this group of young players is he will corrupt and damage them with his softness therefore leading to more mediocrity which will make it hard for a new coach to change.

So he's contracted through to the end of 2018.

I can't see us canning him before at least midseason next year.

That's 17 rounds this year, 11 next year.

With a side that is likely to improve from where it is.

That's a hell of a lot of water to go under the bridge before we let him go.

Rightly, wrongly, he's here for a while. The weekly melts in this thread though, you sure know how to make a guy feel better.

Reading some of this makes me think some of you would accuse chestnuts of being lazy.

Yep IF only we'd appointed Saintly coach by now.

We COULDA done it even after the season began and he told us all what Brad was doing wrong.

We SHOULDA even done it last week because he told us all what caused the Good Friday loss - Brad's coaching. Then it happened again tonight - same cause.

These solutions to all our problems are so damn obvious but the powers that be JUST DON'T GET IT.

Do senior figures in management need to go too - Carl Dilena and Ben Buckley even? To be replaced by others who can actually see the bleeding obvious?!

Get rid of Ben Buckley?

How the **** does that enter your mind?

What a ridiculous, disloyal, cowardly thing to say.

If you want the team to keep losing it is obviously quite pointless you masquerading yourself as a "supporter".
Nah I think slot of people have had enough of leading by 30 at 3/4 time and losing in the last minute . It's happened too many times .

And how many of those 4-15 were Drew and Boomer playing in?

At what point do the players wake up and make on field moves? It's easier for Ziebell to get everyone back instead of the coach getting a runner out there.
What's your point.

143 pages of potting the coach. Really? And this is the third of such threads? I simply don't get why people think that our current situation is entirely the fault of the coach.
Not quite. There have been posters who have come into this thread to defend Scotts and as such a continued debate has ensued over the merits of this coaching. Sure it ain't just the coach but its fair to say that a large part of our troubles is born from the Coach. :stern look

If Kelly is coming to North I think we will have to be coughing up our First Rounder so is finishing as low as we are at the minute that important? :stern look

Plan B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back