Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how many people said Beveridge couldn't coach before he got the top job.

Probably not many because he took the effort, energy and time to dedicate himself to a passion that he wanted to pursue and did an Apprenticeship.

King started...stopped...and chased his dreams elsewhere.

If North took him on as a Senior Coach it would be negligent.

What does it matter what he's done? I think the guy has a good football brain, outside of what he says/utilizes in the media.

Pretty vain of you to rationalize your opinion of him as a coach based off a perceived view from things you've seen/read/heard in the media. It's his job to do those things you mentioned.

The guy is a premiership player for north and oozes shinboner, absolute champion.

Has shown the ability to have a sound knowledge of the game and I see him as someone a football team would want to play for (which imo is what north desperately needs).
That Shinboner gave this club up to the Gold Coast, and never has a positive thing to say about North Melbourne apart from his own glory days and a bit of backslapping after games have been won. If we wanted a 90s premiership player back to lead a Shinboner revival, based on their love for the club and commitment to what it stands for, there would be almost the entire 96 or 99 team I would pick ahead of him.

That coaching aspirant spent a short time as assistant coach at Richmond, helped them to a wooden spoon, then packed the whole coaching gig up as too hard and found a media slot reading numbers off a spreadsheet and calling it analysis. Luffy would be a better option if that's enough of a qualification.

Not in a million million years.

That Shinboner gave this club up to the Gold Coast, and never has a positive thing to say about North Melbourne apart from his own glory days and a bit of backslapping after games have been won. If we wanted a 90s premiership player back to lead a Shinboner revival, based on their love for the club and commitment to what it stands for, there would be almost the entire 96 or 99 team I would pick ahead of him.

That coaching aspirant spent a short time as assistant coach at Richmond, helped them to a wooden spoon, then packed the whole coaching gig up as too hard and found a media slot reading numbers off a spreadsheet and calling it analysis. Luffy would be a better option if that's enough of a qualification.

Not in a million million years.

Yeh thats wat i wanted to say ^

Wonder how many people said Beveridge couldn't coach before he got the top job.

Beveridge went from development at Collingwood in a premiership year to assistant at at Hawthorn for multiple premierships to head coach.

David King was an assistant once at the tigers in a period where ther were shithouse (well more shithouse).

What makes you think he has anywhere near the required ability to coach an AFL team?

Beveridge went from development at Collingwood in a premiership year to assistant at at Hawthorn for multiple premierships to head coach.

David King was an assistant once at the tigers in a period where ther were shithouse (well more shithouse).

What makes you think he has anywhere near the required ability to coach an AFL team?

^yeh thats what I wanted to say.

You forgot about the 3 premierships at St Bede's College in the VAFA previous to joining the Collywobbles.

David King would be a damn sight better than Brad Scott that's for sure, at least he would be prepared to try something different and drop a senior player or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King would be a damn sight better than Brad Scott that's for sure, at least he would be prepared to try something different and drop a senior player or 2.
I must have imagined the times when lindsay, swallow, and hansen were dropped...

Goldstein should have been. Thompson early on (but he turned it around). Gibson and higgins have been playing well enough to stay in.

Waite has struggled but Daw was struggling with injury, larkey isn't ready, and McKay has been injured.

My word, I understand you don't like Brad but to suggest that David King would be better is ridiculous.

Probably not many because he took the effort, energy and time to dedicate himself to a passion that he wanted to pursue and did an Apprenticeship.

King started...stopped...and chased his dreams elsewhere.

If North took him on as a Senior Coach it would be negligent.
Won't coach North making too much $$$$ in the media

I must have imagined the times when lindsay, swallow, and hansen were dropped...

Goldstein should have been. Thompson early on (but he turned it around). Gibson and higgins have been playing well enough to stay in.

Waite has struggled but Daw was struggling with injury, larkey isn't ready, and McKay has been injured.
Sshhhhh, you aren't doing it right... drop everyone, stop gifting games, play the kids, how can you delist Boomer, reward "form" in the vfl (unless it's the form of a whipping boy). Rinse repeat and say it angry.

Anyone's better than Scott at the moment he couldnt coach a gym session.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

David King really isnt.

Purely from a spitballing perspective the idea of David King coaching is interesting.

At first I recoil because of his media shitting on us, his gc comments etc.

But he'd be very different on the inside with the edict of driving the club forward.

He was a great player and isn't as dumb as people make out. For all the crap we lobbed at him last year he was calling out the dogs as a strong chance a long way out.

I'd still say no but it's sometimes worth flipping ideas on their head for consideration. For mine his lack of meaningful coaching success at any level would be the blocker rather than whether or not I think he's become a knob post-playing.

Purely from a spitballing perspective the idea of David King coaching is interesting.

At first I recoil because of his media shitting on us, his gc comments etc.

But he'd be very different on the inside with the edict of driving the club forward.

He was a great player and isn't as dumb as people make out. For all the crap we lobbed at him last year he was calling out the dogs as a strong chance a long way out.

I'd still say no but it's sometimes worth flipping ideas on their head for consideration. For mine his lack of meaningful coaching success at any level would be the blocker rather than whether or not I think he's become a knob post-playing.

Strongly but respecfully disagree, his insights in the media aren't really worth much in my opinion. His assistant coaching role didn't last that long which probably automatically prohibits him from coaching in my view.

I just don't think he has any demonstrated football knowledge in a tactical sense.

He's certainly not my 1st choice but couldn't do any worse than the clone we have atm. I don't see the club re-signing him anytime soon if at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Strongly but respecfully disagree, his insights in the media aren't really worth much in my opinion. His assistant coaching role didn't last that long which probably automatically prohibits him from coaching in my view.

I just don't think he has any demonstrated football knowledge in a tactical sense.

Agree but neither Roos or Matthews have struck me as particularly innovative football thinkers in the media, especially the latter.

Let me clarify also - on balance I wouldn't appoint David King as our coach based on what we currently know. Just thought it's more interesting to explore an idea that just shoot it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back