Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf are you on about? Are you on drugs? What I wasn't happy with was that the club told Boomer to retire even after he was still in the peak of his powers. The other 3 were gone. Boomer should've been playing forward this year and for that matter the last 5 years so we could get games into the like of Dumont and other mids. Instead they pulled the chain on Boomer too early. Bad list management. FYI I would turn over another 10 guys on that list this year and go out and buy some guys who have got some upside.

Brad Scott is so much of a genuis that he got us in 2 prelims in 8 years with the oldest list in the comp, no top 4 finishes at the end of the regular season ever and since going 9-0 with an easy draw to 7-20 losses with no midfield depth. What does that tell you? What a ******* genius coach he is.
What part of non defensive effort from Boomer do you not understand? He was finished.

Agree but neither Roos or Matthews have struck me as particularly innovative football thinkers in the media, especially the latter.

Let me clarify also - on balance I wouldn't appoint David King as our coach based on what we currently know. Just thought it's more interesting to explore an idea that just shoot it down.

I get what you are saying but for me having previous coaching experience is a non negotiable, preferably a head coaching role.

What does it matter what he's done? I think the guy has a good football brain, outside of what he says/utilizes in the media.

Pretty vain of you to rationalize your opinion of him as a coach based off a perceived view from things you've seen/read/heard in the media. It's his job to do those things you mentioned.

The guy is a premiership player for north and oozes shinboner, absolute champion.

Has shown the ability to have a sound knowledge of the game and I see him as someone a football team would want to play for (which imo is what north desperately needs).
Bahahahaha oh wait youre being serious? :eek:

What part of non defensive effort from Boomer do you not understand? He was finished.
Boomer was finished was he lol. You just proved one thing that you don't know shit about football. The only person finished at the club is Brad Scott.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Boomer was finished was he lol. You just proved one thing that you don't know shit about football. The only person finished at the club is Brad Scott.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Watch out, the "you don't know shit about football" line has been trotted out... it's an old fave.

Last edited:
Purely from a spitballing perspective the idea of David King coaching is interesting.

At first I recoil because of his media shitting on us, his gc comments etc.

But he'd be very different on the inside with the edict of driving the club forward.

He was a great player and isn't as dumb as people make out. For all the crap we lobbed at him last year he was calling out the dogs as a strong chance a long way out.

I'd still say no but it's sometimes worth flipping ideas on their head for consideration. For mine his lack of meaningful coaching success at any level would be the blocker rather than whether or not I think he's become a knob post-playing.

If thats the case lets get Nathan Brown. Articulate. Media friendly. Knows his stuff on MMM.

I jest.

Its called the Lyon Factor...cant Coach but can Media Man

Purely from a spitballing perspective the idea of David King coaching is interesting.

At first I recoil because of his media shitting on us, his gc comments etc.

But he'd be very different on the inside with the edict of driving the club forward.

He was a great player and isn't as dumb as people make out. For all the crap we lobbed at him last year he was calling out the dogs as a strong chance a long way out.

I'd still say no but it's sometimes worth flipping ideas on their head for consideration. For mine his lack of meaningful coaching success at any level would be the blocker rather than whether or not I think he's become a knob post-playing.

The problem with guys like King and Brereton is not that they don't know football. It's that they are verbose and would have players' eyes glazing over itching to get away from briefings.

Definitely waning.

I don't want to see my legends getting around crabbing cheap touches and goals (ADAM GOODES).

Wtf is going to happen here if we end up 18th at the last Round and Scotts is given 2 more years?

Huh? Hmm?

If that occurred then Scott is doing his job. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If thats the case lets get Nathan Brown. Articulate. Media friendly. Knows his stuff on MMM.

I jest.

Its called the Lyon Factor...cant Coach but can Media Man

The problem with guys like King and Brereton is not that they don't know football. It's that they are verbose and would have players' eyes glazing over itching to get away from briefings.

Gaso I concluded that I wouldn't hire him.

But if you're assessing options I don't think you should be blinkered by existing bias. If the best option was an ex-player who'd been predominately in the media then that person should be strongly considered even as part of a transition process with a senior mentor.

as part of a transition process with a senior mentor

I honestly think moving Brad into that style of role while having another person sit in the big chair is likely our preferred option.

Not sure he wants to any more, as his name hasn't been floated in recent vacancies, but Brett Ratten still my preferred option. Took Carlton further, well, a lot further than Malthouse did, and has had what, 5yrs at Hawthorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back