Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should probably play there next week but if he starts ripping it up I say bring him in.

My worry is he has lost touch after such limited game time the past 2 years. Play the rest of the season in the Vfl and get leather poisoning.

Ranked 18th in Kicks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 17th in Disposals Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 18th in Marks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 16th in least Opponent Handballs Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 15th in least Opponent Disposals Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 16th in least Opponent Points Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 18th in Team to Opponent Kicks Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 18th in Team to Opponent Disposals Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 17th in Team to Opponent Marks Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 13th in Team to Opponent Points Per Game Diff.
Bad Scott looks like racking up some more records at North. Got a few already

Hibberd, Mountford, Clarke and Wagner all played on the weekend. That is a whole draft intake (minus injuries) from 2 years ago.

Only one of them played better than Swallow and Thomas, one probably played as well as Thomas and the other two didn't. Zurhaar is on our rookie list. Until he gets upgraded he can't even be picked.

Simpkin .... should he have come straight back into the seniors?
I'm of the opinion that I would play any youngster regardless of position/structure, over swallow and Thomas

I'm of the opinion that I would play any youngster regardless of position/structure, over swallow and Thomas

Fundamentally I don't think we can escape from the strategic direction we are stuck in (which is like some sort of of space time continuum loop over the past 8 years) until Brad is replaced. Only the wilfully blind can deny his tenure is done. Sack him now have Crock develop the young guys for the rest of the season while we hunt down a gun coach who is given a mandate to put a broom through the list and the coaching/support staff. Enough already!

Fundamentally I don't think we can escape from the strategic direction we are stuck in (which is like some sort of of space time continuum loop over the past 8 years) until Brad is replaced. Only the wilfully blind can deny his tenure is done. Sack him now have Crock develop the young guys for the rest of the season while we hunt down a gun coach who is given a mandate to put a broom through the list and the coaching/support staff. Enough already!

Why says thats not wat hes gunna do?

Come late August expect retirements....come October expect blood letting.

If hes staying wat other choices does he have.

Losing is not in either Scotts DNA.

Why says thats not wat hes gunna do?

Come late August expect retirements....come October expect blood letting.

If hes staying wat other choices does he have.

Losing is not in either Scotts DNA.
Cynically...Neither is winning! Unfortunately the damage has been done, recent history showing no indication that he is suitable or competent enough.

Festering is happening, or is going to occur, going to be far worse if unable to secure Martin or Kelly, even if North does secure I am not sure if Brad is the right person if more recent times is an indication of his ability to create.

Time to stop the fester immediately, a smart business operator would do so.

Cynically...Neither is winning! Unfortunately the damage has been done, recent history showing no indication that he is suitable or competent enough.

Festering is happening, or is going to occur, going to be far worse if unable to secure Martin or Kelly, even if North does secure I am not sure if Brad is the right person if more recent times is an indication of his ability to create.

Time to stop the fester immediately, a smart business operator would do so.

Do you understand that the competition is designed to create cyclical opportunity?

We are at the bottom of the cycle.

Where in the cycle did we reach the top in the last 8 years?

2014 and 15 and we fell short and that was built around middle of the table Drafts going back a decade.

There were 14 other teams wishing they were playing Preliminary Finals.

Its our turn.

Wats interesting about this thread is that there is no ground swell to replace him with 'X'...outside of David King ...I am yet to see pages of 'Sack Scotts and get X'.

Be careful of wat u wish for.

2014 and 15 and we fell short and that was built around middle of the table Drafts going back a decade.

Its our turn.

Wats interesting about this thread is that there is no ground swell to replace him with 'X'...outside of David King ...I am yet to see pages of 'Sack Scotts and get X'.

No doubt that there is a risk that the club could replace Scotts with Neelds. :stern look

Where in the cycle did we reach the top in the last 8 years?
In an 18 team competition, why would our turn be within the past 8 years? Especially when two teams have been given a masssive head start to hit the top faster and stay there longer than the other 16?

Its our turn.

Wishing will not get anyone anywhere.....action will, not just any action but the right action. Doing what is required to achieve will get you somewhere.

It is going to take more than just Martin and/or Kelly, going to need really good directors of the players, a successful club (Operation wise) requires a good Director, on-filed success is largely determined by the quality of the coaches.....who also need be good directors , I don't feel that North has any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an 18 team competition, why would our turn be within the past 8 years? Especially when two teams have been given a masssive head start to hit the top faster and stay there longer than the other 16?
That's so true and people get this wrong all the time. With concessions as they have been given to the expansion teams you are way less than a 1 every 18 years flag chance nowadays.

The heats just been turned up a notch!

About bloody time.

View attachment 388284

Saintly, deadeye and co should be here any moment now. The BBB bat signal has illuminated the sky.

Unlike some here I have a life.

Excellent comments by the Chairman - confirms what most of us have been saying for some time - Brad is the coach for now, this season and next season. Anything beyond that is dependent upon how things pan out over the next 12 months....as it should be.

These comments make sure we don't have to put up with the distraction of ..will he/won't he...but at the same time makes sure we don't commit to any extension before we need to.

Perfectly put in my mind - well done Ben.

Gold Coast supporter who rang SEN and was speaking to Mark Fine suggested that the Big whisper going around the crowd of 69 strong was that Scotts to the Gold Coast next season. Funny thing is heard this same whisper a few weeks back from what one could consider as being a reasonably reliable source. :stern look

I've been sprouting this for a while. They've been keen on him since before appointing Eade.

Ranked 18th in Kicks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 17th in Disposals Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 18th in Marks Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 16th in least Opponent Handballs Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 15th in least Opponent Disposals Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 16th in least Opponent Points Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 18th in Team to Opponent Kicks Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 18th in Team to Opponent Disposals Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 17th in Team to Opponent Marks Per Game Diff.
dot.gif
Ranked 13th in Team to Opponent Points Per Game Diff.

I wonder is Scotts is deliberately losing so the club will release him at the end of the year to go to the GC. Doing right by the football club has all been crap anyway.

Its our turn.

I'll throw a few names into the mix then. Longmire, Ratten, Blakey, Voss. No doubt some will be shot down if not all, but feel free to post a name who you think would be a good choice.

No doubt that there is a risk that the club could replace Scotts with Neelds. :stern look

Which is why the club should only appoint a first time coach to a 2 year deal. Hell Boltons contract is mostly paid on triggers which is smart by Carlton.

I was actually questioning Gaso's assertion that there's a cycle, he responded as i expected that is to say we made it to 2 Prelim's however considering where we have ended up in the home and away season under Scott's tenure we have never set ourselves up for a realistic tilt at the flag and whilst i agree with the 'massive head start' neither of those teams has saluted.....yet. I honestly feel that we not performed as well as we should have in the last 8 years, IMO given the improvement to facilities, the support staff, the coaching staff and increased football department spend, the turnover of our list and our level of debt now compared to 2007, Brad should have had us finishing in the top 4 at the end of the home a away season at least twice. Hardly unrealistic. Anyways the hunt should already be on behind the scenes for our next coach :thumbsu:

About bloody time.

Unlike some here I have a life.

I've been sprouting this for a while. They've been keen on him since before appointing Eade.

I wonder is Scotts is deliberately losing so the club will release him at the end of the year to go to the GC. Doing right by the football club has all been crap anyway.

I'll throw a few names into the mix then. Longmire, Ratten, Blakey, Voss. No doubt some will be shot down if not all, but feel free to post a name who you think would be a good choice.

Which is why the club should only appoint a first time coach to a 2 year deal. Hell Boltons contract is mostly paid on triggers which is smart by Carlton.

...a name....there is no groundswell on BF or in real life.

There is no waiting Messiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back