Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellent comments by the Chairman - confirms what most of us have been saying for some time - Brad is the coach for now, this season and next season. Anything beyond that is dependent upon how things pan out over the next 12 months....as it should be.

These comments make sure we don't have to put up with the distraction of ..will he/won't he...but at the same time makes sure we don't commit to any extension before we need to.

Perfectly put in my mind - well done Ben.
Doesn't mean all supporters are or have to be committed......other than yourself! No one should ever believe or take for granted everything they may hear or read, things and circumstances do change in life and business, you never know what's around the corner unless what is around the corner is part of a plan.

Gold Coast supporter who rang SEN and was speaking to Mark Fine suggested that the Big whisper going around the crowd of 69 strong was that Scotts to the Gold Coast next season. Funny thing is heard this same whisper a few weeks back from what one could consider as being a reasonably reliable source. :stern look

You don't think this can be simply explained?

1) 2016: Take 6-10 of the best 22 out of any side for half the season and see what happens
2) 2017: Does it really need explaining? Does anyone think the footy dept. aren't utilising the back half of the season to experiment? FFS, they have even come out and publicly stated as much.

Winning is not the overriding priority in 2017

To be honest I don't completely agree with this.

If they are going to experiment, then reverting back to "safe" options in swallow and Thomas isn't that.

Brad continues to select a team with the number 1 priority to win, which shouldn't neccersarily be the priority this year.

His inability to reward young form has been a staple of his tenure and now of all times it needs to jog on.

If they are going to rebuild (which is 100% what we need to do sitting second last) then we need to jump all in, not sit on the sidelines and dip our toe in the pool.

I guarantee a great deal of the frustration from this board comes from this, and supporters would be a lot more forgiving if the club selected young players that deserve a crack.

Reluctance to play the kids a worry
It’s hard to think of a more head-scratching decision that could’ve been made than Brad Scott opting to replace Marley Williams, a late withdrawal, with Lindsay Thomas on Saturday.

Don’t get me wrong, even at the low points of his career I’ve always been a Lindsay fan, and that’s not about to change any time soon.

But why would it make any kind of sense to bring in a veteran small forward and ask him to play as a small defender? That’s just not thinking straight.

It is painfully obvious to everyone bar the selection committee that North Melbourne’s season is done and dusted – they’re seventeenth with fourth wins – and yet the preference is to randomly trial a 29-year-old at the wrong end of the ground rather then give a debut to a kid.

l'll be talking a bit more mid-week about the head-scratching, possibly brilliant, more likely bonkers direction that North are going in with this rebuild, but in the mean time I’ll just say this – it’s no wonder that fans are frustrated with the club when the selection policy shows a stark disconnection from the reality we can all see plain as day.

BradScott.jpg

(AAP Image/David Crosling)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/07/02/ten-quick-takes-afl-round-15/

Lol

Last edited:

If they are going to experiment, then reverting back to "safe" options in swallow and Thomas isn't that.

How much does a coach "experiment" with a list at any given time? Surely there has to be some sort of structure in place when a new(ish) player is introduced in to the senior side? There's also the notion of fairness at play here. Shouldn't players be played in the seniors if they deserve to be played on merit? This is certainly the case with Swallow. Shouldn't Brad be able to experiment with senior players in other positions before drawing a line through them?

How much does a coach "experiment" with a list at any given time? Surely there has to be some sort of structure in place when a new(ish) player is introduced in to the senior side? There's also the notion of fairness at play here. Shouldn't players be played in the seniors if they deserve to be played on merit? This is certainly the case with Swallow. Shouldn't Brad be able to experiment with senior players in other positions before drawing a line through them?

Yes.

Two days of agreeance between us.

Last week i hate you.

Nekminit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad continues to select a team with the number 1 priority to win, which shouldn't neccersarily be the priority this year.

His inability to reward young form has been a staple of his tenure and now of all times it needs to jog on.

If they are going to rebuild (which is 100% what we need to do sitting second last) then we need to jump all in, not sit on the sidelines and dip our toe in the pool.

I guarantee a great deal of the frustration from this board comes from this, and supporters would be a lot more forgiving if the club selected young players that deserve a crack.

So who would you have picked instead of Thomas and Swallow?

Yes it is control alt delete held down at the same time.

Whereas a rebuild means you'll need a new power supply, mother board, various cards, buses, fans, computery cord thingees and a case to put it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back