Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes 100% agree if he wanted a senior coaching gig again.

He will be ideal . Especially for the development of the kids . Love to get him and be successful just ram it to Carlton.
It would be remarkable if he's in a position to take on a senior coaching role after the loss of his son.

I've seen first hand what the loss of a child does to parents. Life focus changes dramatically.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Contracted until 2019 I think.

About right. The point is I'm certain BB would have a fair idea of Clarko's long term intentions and whether North would ever be in the mix for his services as they're close outside of footy.

I reckon one of us should coach, lose round 1 and 12 delistings. And would love the reference to Goldy and his lack of dicks in the presser. we would be must see viewing.

Coach Arthur Cloke would be entertaining....just the story on how he got to the game would be worth listening to...

Coach Arthur Cloke would be entertaining....just the story on how he got to the game would be worth listening to...
Let alone the old school Barassi style of rugby tackling soft players in the changing room before the game to teach them to harden up.

Team building... Passing a bottle of stones green ginger wine at half time.

Bring it back Arthur.

Last edited:
About right. The point is I'm certain BB would have a fair idea of Clarko's long term intentions and whether North would ever be in the mix for his services as they're close outside of footy.

BBB Mk II needs to press Clarko's hand down on the BBQ grill at the next kid's party until Alistair utters the words "I'm coming home".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the board knows we're the list is at a new coach is not going to help, Brad has played the younger players as promised. The style of football is attractive and the defeats are not embarrassing.

Would you like a Roos to come in score fifty points and still finish last May as well stick with him for another year.

The media have not mentioned him at all is a sense nothing is going to change.

Pretty sure the board knows we're the list is at a new coach is not going to help, Brad has played the younger players as promised. The style of football is attractive and the defeats are not embarrassing.

Would you like a Roos to come in score fifty points and still finish last May as well stick with him for another year.

The media have not mentioned him at all is a sense nothing is going to change.
Media-wise North are just do not have anything worth writing about, until they have nothing else to write about.....North a 'Nothing Club', even with the big recruits, game day strategy will not change, history shows that the coach is not creative or radical enough, Thomas to back line is about as radical as Scott can be. If the palyers are expected to 'Stand Up', then the coach must lead the way and set an example by standing up first. In all the years he has been at North it has never happened...standing up or being creative, club needs to bring in someone who is not afraid or has the ability and strength to lead or do what required to succeed.

Good article. I enjoyed the read, though not agreeing with everything. I am glad many of you still have faith in Scott however I don't. I buy a few memberships a year...have been happy to. I won't be again. I am slowly losing interest. Where I sit at games, among members, the vacancy rate as the season unfolds is now staggering. Why? I have been happy to go along with all things Scott to this point but he doesn't inspire me any more with passion for our future. I now find his ramblings at press conferences baffling. I hope Martin or Kelly do sign up....but why would they? money?....surely there is something else on the drawing board. I have come back on BF after a long absence. I might never post again.....I just wanted to say there are many members now voting with their feet. How many games have we won in the last 28?...29?... 7... wow! I don't think Scott is taking us to the Promise Land.

Nah, me either. Consistently got more value out of a team than what they were perceived to have had (by almost everyone in the footy world) and now is shown to be adapting well into a rebuild and showing a lot of flexibility with team selection and player positions.
Reckon if Collingwood would have gone with him over Bucks they would have been playing prelims like we were rather than finishing 10th 600 seasons in a row.

Nah, me either. Consistently got more value out of a team than what they were perceived to have had (by almost everyone in the footy world) and now is shown to be adapting well into a rebuild and showing a lot of flexibility with team selection and player positions.
Reckon if Collingwood would have gone with him over Bucks they would have been playing prelims like we were rather than finishing 10th 600 seasons in a row.
Well Brad was trying to go all out to win a premiership the past few years. He didnt have the flexibility to bringing in youth to develop them. Well he did to the players he thought were ready.

He was also a young coach when first starting and now a lot more experienced. No doubt learning from mistakes and has the playing group. He can now afford to be more flexible with selections. I dont know what other people were expecting, him to do a sooky Beveridge and go all bananas (like this year, some of it is silly) at selection the past few years? We didnt have the cattle.

If the club came out and said they've re-signed him for another couple I would be not be disappointed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back