Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott's not hard enough on the players when they lose and full of praise when they win. Simple. You can see the players don't want to fight for their club when the going gets tough. That comes down to the coach..

To be fair, us outsiders don't actually know that.

I agree that there are players that should have been dropped earlier, but internally we don't know how hard Scott goes at under performing players.

Look, I love Brad Scott's passion as a coach, but I just fail to see how and when he is going to instil a defensive side to our game. From his post-match presser after tonight's game, listen to this quote:

"We've got some things to work on, we've got some things we need to fix. We set the game up well, we weren't able to follow through. We'll go through that and find detail."

This was the fourth time (FOURTH) that we have led by over five goals, and lost the game. Geelong, Adelaide, Gold Coast, and now Brisbane. That quote is a little outdated, don't you think Brad?

:mad:
I really wish he'd give up this "we've got some things to work on" line after every game we loose to shite opposition. I'd prefer for him to say "we were crap tonight, but we'll be better next week" than downplaying our disappointing efforts.

C'mon guys. I'm happy with where we are at. The Evidence is there. We will be a good side one day under Brad Scott. 4 more wins and we would be pushing top 4.

Now let me get back to what I was doing.

*picks up ukulele, clears throat, starts to strum and sing*

"Tiptoe through the window
By the window, that is where I'll be
Come tiptoe through the tulips with me...."

I am sick of hearing the same old thing from Scotty, he must be delusional. I clearly saw what happened last night and what we have been doing all year.

We just haven't played to our strengths in the 2nd halves. When we play that handball, running attacking and supporting each other style of football we are capable of beating anyone. Just look at the stretch of wins we had last year.

It baffles me why we wouldn't be playing like this. Everyone loved the way we played last year, it was very exciting football to watch.

To think the Kanga's went and signed this guy up to a 4 yr contract. At least our premiership window will closed at the same time, that was a smart move. Kanga's must have been scared to lose him lol. This guy should have been left to wait for a contract near the end of the year and at the most got a 2 year extension, even then its not too late to fix with a good coach.

He seemed pretty resigned and frustrated. I thought the hacks let him off lightly.

*sigh* I dunno. Just one week fading into another atm. They all seem the same these matches, with the odd aberration like Richmond.

The injuries were crucial mate. There's no getting around that fact. We were destroying Brisbane until they all starting to fall over.

The injuries were crucial mate. There's no getting around that fact. We were destroying Brisbane until they all starting to fall over.

Rubbish, the injuries had very little to do with it although I do accept it didnt help. You can see quite clearly by watching the game that our style of play was vastly different in the 2nd half, there is almost no run, handball and take on the opponent, which got us in a winning position in the first half.

Just face it we are chokers and will be until this guy faces them with it.

Heres a challenge. Post his press conferences from our losses and see if he repeats the same thing over and over.

Go one better:

If someone can post his press conferences from our close losses and bleep out any mention of who the opposition is, try and guess which game each presser came after, COZ THEY ALL SOUND THE ****ING SAME!! :angryfacewithatouchofsternthingy

This is the coach that took away our shinboner spirit and trashed it. Something that we have used for many years for motivation that has worked for us. Tell me why you would can such a strong motivational tool?

I don't know what the little tantrum at the start was all about. Maybe if he took his own advice and focused on our games, instead of praying to the weather gods, we wouldn't be so terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you suppose they pay out Bon??

I think he held up well in the conference, you cop like 5 injuries, it's hard to run out a game. Infuriating though, been a painful year...

5-6 injuries in the game... Seriously get off your high horse

I thought I'd wait until the morning, let the dust settle so to speak and we could then cast an eye of the train wreck that is NMFC away from home at least.

You maybe 100% correct and we lost because of injuries, we'll never know. But what we do know is....

Between seasons 2010 - 2013 we've played 32 games away from Etihad.

Our record is seven wins twenty five losses!!! .

Now if you remove the two wins against GWS and our win against GC as they'd been in the comp ten minutes. We're four wins from twenty two games!

Just a pity that didn't hand our priority draft picks based on away form, we'd have qualified. We're the ****en Demons of the away games in the AFL:eek:

Brad ****en Scott must take some responsibility for that.

I thought I'd wait until the morning, let the dust settle so to speak and we could then cast an eye of the train wreck that is NMFC away from home at least.

You maybe 100% correct and we lost because of injuries, we'll never know. But what we do know is....

Between seasons 2010 - 2013 we've played 32 games away from Etihad.

Our record is seven wins twenty five losses!!! .

Now if you remove the two wins against GWS and our win against GC as they'd been in the comp ten minutes. We're four wins from twenty two games!

Just a pity that didn't hand our priority draft picks based on away form, we'd have qualified. We're the ****en Demons of the away games in the AFL:eek:

Brad ****en Scott must take some responsibility for that.
Fair call, but also we only have a handful of players left from prebrad yimes

He seemed pretty resigned and frustrated. I thought the hacks let him off lightly.

*sigh* I dunno. Just one week fading into another atm. They all seem the same these matches, with the odd aberration like Richmond.

I've done the ladder predictor and I see us finishing 13th... only wins are Melbourne and maybe Carlton. MAYBE. We will fade out against Adelaide, Hawthorn are too good now, Geelong always too strong, Essendon will be a fierce contest (I hope) but they will be more hungry, Collingwood a must but not gonna happen until we improve. Wasteful season... No more Shinboner Spirit anymore unfortunately...:(

I've done the ladder predictor and I see us finishing 13th... only wins are Melbourne and maybe Carlton. MAYBE. We will fade out against Adelaide, Hawthorn are too good now, Geelong always too strong, Essendon will be a fierce contest (I hope) but they will be more hungry, Collingwood a must but not gonna happen until we improve. Wasteful season... No more Shinboner Spirit anymore unfortunately...:(
The only positive from that outcome is we see early picks in the draft. Hopefully Jnr Mac for a second rounder and a pick 5 or 6.

The only positive from that outcome is we see early picks in the draft. Hopefully Jnr Mac for a second rounder and a pick 5 or 6.

Unfortunately I think we are going to be forced to use our first round pick for Jnr Mcdonald.

Where is Jnr Mac playing, I thought he was playing for Werribee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back