Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
167437-brad-scott.jpg

"Blagged the interview and got the job..but, when I got there I had to 'do stuff' which was the problem"

Having seen Geelong now give up good leads against the Lions and Crows on the road, there are some definate similarities in the Scott's styles. I'm starting to think Chris Scotts premiership was more about the team he was handed than his coaching. No doubt if the Roos could sustain their game for four quarters it will work, but is it physically possible every week ?

I see, i was thinking player wise - cos i cant think of any burning it up elsewhere. Coach wise, well im happy with what we have - though i do a agree with others we should go after Ling as an assistant.

But Daw - not connected? Please, the football world is in his corner, if he asks he gets. Simple fact is he just aint good enough yet! Any player with a leap like that will excite, but we all know AFL is much more than that.

But why is Daw dropped, and yet other players are given chance after chance?

I can't think of one game where Daw has not been subbed out, so let him play out an entire game first, then assess him.

I have heard rumours that Brad Scott doesn't rate Majak, and he isn't in Brad's team going forward, but JB wants him kept at the club for promotional and marketing reasons.

I can't think of one game where Daw has not been subbed out, so let him play out an entire game first, then assess him.

I have heard rumours that Brad Scott doesn't rate Majak, and he isn't in Brad's team going forward, but JB wants him kept at the club for promotional and marketing reasons.
I'd love to see Majak play out a full game but when he has been subbed off he's been absolutely spent. He needs to get his endurance levels up so that he can run a full game out.

I'd love to see Majak play out a full game but when he has been subbed off he's been absolutely spent. He needs to get his endurance levels up so that he can run a full game out.

But he should be out on the ground, just take away a defender, since he is so tall, and could anything at any moment, he requires constant attention. This would remove a defender out of the picture and open things up for Petrie, Thomas etc.

Use Majak as a decoy, and while he is being watched, someone else can kick the goal.

It also gives Goldstein a rest during the game. Majak could be used the way WCE use Nic Nat.

I believe subbing out Daw played a part in your loss to Hawthorn, as he was causing headaches in the first quarter. Had he stayed on the ground, it could have helped you beat Hawthorn in that game.

Sorry about your Supercoach team Catman, but in every one of those games the coach had no choice but to sub him off. None.

Was interesting to read Robbos article today where he says Goldstein needs help. Everybody is saying Goldstein needs help and we have a glut of ruckmen running around in the twos. Theres something not sane about this !!

This pic pretty much sums up the year. Clueless.

That whiteboard is probably blank on the other side.

Scott needs help, and getting in an experienced and proven mentor should be the club's highest priority for next season.

The problem Majak faces is the pecking order at the moment for tall forwards is probably Petrie > Black > Tarrant > Daw... and unless we give up a midfielder on the bench we cannot squeeze in another tall.

Then he shouldn't have re-signed until 2015.

If I was Majak, and I wasn't getting regular games for four years, and don't seem to have the support of the coach, I would ask to be traded.

Daw is the type of player who can bring people to the footy, like Buddy and Ablett. We have only seen a tiny bit of the brillance that Daw possesses. So, he could bring people to seeing North Melbourne, and fill their coffers. He could be a marquee player, and could be used for marketing. But it is less likely to happen if he is not even trusted with a full game.

If he needs rests, then interchange him, and bring him back later. But when he is subbed, and yet there are North players with 0 possessions being kept on the ground, you can suspect that Daw is not a "Brad Scott" guy.

Daw is the type of player who can bring people to the footy, like Buddy and Ablett. We have only seen a tiny bit of the brillance that Daw possesses. So, he could bring people to seeing North Melbourne, and fill their coffers. He could be a marquee player, and could be used for marketing. But it is less likely to happen if he is not even trusted with a full game.

We have also seen limitations.

He tore a undersized undermanned Bulldogs defense to pieces whilst being on the end of some to the best forward 50 entries we've had all year.

He was also negated by the mature Eagles and Hawks defenses consistently being run under the ball.

He re-signed because we don't treat him like a gimmick, he is not going to ask to be traded to be treated like one.

Could he have come back in yeah probably, our selection policy is baffling at times. Maj is hardly on his own at possibly deserving a game and not getting one.

We have also seen limitations.

He tore a undersized undermanned Bulldogs defense to pieces whilst being on the end of some to the best forward 50 entries we've had all year.

He was also negated by the mature Eagles and Hawks defenses consistently being run under the ball.

He re-signed because we don't treat him like a gimmick, he is not going to ask to be traded to be treated like one.

Could he have come back in yeah probably, our selection policy is baffling at times. Maj is hardly on his own at possibly deserving a game and not getting one.

I agree however he is the sort of player who I think needs continued senior exposure to go to the next level, he dominates at VFL level on his day and won't learn anything more down there. Play the boy! We just have to accept he will have poor games, hell we played Spud, Wright, Adams no questions asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree however he is the sort of player who I think needs continued senior exposure to go to the next level, he dominates at VFL level on his day and won't learn anything more down there. Play the boy! We just have to accept he will have poor games, hell we played Spud, Wright, Adams no questions asked.
The only issue is he was subbed in every one of his games bar the bulldogs game (where Wells got an injury early). It's fairly limiting if you play a guy who you can pretty much guarantee will be subbed off.

The only issue is he was subbed in every one of his games bar the bulldogs game (where Wells got an injury early). It's fairly limiting if you play a guy who you can pretty much guarantee will be subbed off.

True, but where has not playing him got us?

I shouldn't have bothered.

Carry on.

He seems to be the Heirachy of opinions here, Everyone is entitled to say what they think, but he's quick to shut everyone down.

Scott needs help, and getting in an experienced and proven mentor should be the club's highest priority for next season.

Given that he is locked in contractually for a few years this option must be explored. The challenge will be to find the right person and then attract him to the Club.

This pic pretty much sums up the year. Clueless.

That whiteboard is probably blank on the other side.

nice to be able to slander people here on big footy isn't it saintly. He's got more clues than you, that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back