Confirmed Caleb Daniel - Traded to North Melb for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Daniel has been executed according to Damian Barrett. Not the ending he would have hoped for I imagine.

Its amazing how many decent players are apparently washed up spuds this time of year.

Mid 20s picks are very speculative and North are getting a guaranteed best 22 player to start next year at a time when they absolutely have to start being more competitive so seems reasonable for both teams

Caleb Daniel has been executed according to Damian Barrett. Not the ending he would have hoped for I imagine.

Slow small HBF in modern football that relies on speed to transition.

He's a good kick though so he's definitely an upgrade on Fisher.

Daniel and Parker slot into the best dozen players from the get go, they'll show composure when the chips are down, and they'll make our young stars-to-be shine a bit more.

Pick 25 might seem like overs to many, but our rebound game was puss, and Daniel has a proven track record of nailing kicks into a congested midfield that's better than any of our players except perhaps Sheezel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE="SSSSSS]Jesus christ 25 lol.

Smith for 17 and a cooked Daniel for 25.

Brady is really brainless.[/QUOTE]

Smith was uncontracted, selfish and prepared to walk to the draft and f-over the Dogs. He’s also coming off an ACL.

Caleb Daniel was contracted, regarded as a culture champion by the entire Bulldogs club (other than Bevo lol).

By the time the draft rolls around it will be pick 30, North will be more comfortable taking a known quantity into 2025.

Not only a great kick, but also gives them a backup for Tristan Xerri

RPReplay_Final1682375125.gif

I don't hate it.

Our rebound game has been terrible.

Great kick, one of the best endurance runners in the AFL, great footy IQ.

Clearly we're sliding from 2 now.

So you're gonna be playing a 7 man defence next year....interesting. Cos somebody else always has to defend Caleb's man.

I don't hate it.

Our rebound game has been terrible.

Great kick, one of the best endurance runners in the AFL, great footy IQ.

Clearly we're sliding from 2 now.
He's damn close to the best short kick in traffic in the competition.
Sad to see him go and will always be a bullgod.

I’ve been very critical of North in the past but I’m a huge fan of this deal. 25 means nothing. They have enough kids. Experience is everything and Caleb has a huge amount of good football and mentoring left in him.
Super high footy IQ. He'll be amazing for North's kids.
They've got a heap of high picks and cap space, it's a no-brainer for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Caleb Daniel - Traded to North Melb for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back