Cameron Cloke to Carlton? Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cloke two a Blue

What a waste of a spot on the list it will be if we opt for either Cameron or Jason Cloke. Both players do not possess the talent or ability to contribute in the rebuilding of Carlton. Whilst i will admit Jason would be more useful of a player than his younger sibling, i would much rather settle for just one recycled player in Zantuck. The line must be drawn!

I read somewhere that the Kangaroos gave him a medical and his shoulders are shot to pieces.

Surely Carlton will do their own research on the guy and realise that recruiting Cameron Cloke is a HUGE HUGE HUGE mistake!!

I feel sick :mad: :eek:

I think we could actually take both Zantuck and Cloke in the PSD if we have just five rookies...Zantuck I'm 50-50 on. I'd prefer Keating or Griffiths to Cloke.

Is it possible that we may be getting a Cloke so daddy damir can make some noise and shake the board up a bit? Something along the lines of taking attention away from the coaching staff maybe ???

There's got to be an ulterior motive to this move!

Please let there be an ulterior motive!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Re: No! No! To Cam Cloke!

count me in i dont want any cloke and i didnt want a second psd pick either ....how many discards make it at another club these days

We will be taking Zantuck in the PSD. The reason being that we have drafted so many young kids in the last few years that we are short on Senior more mature bodies that can act as protection for the young guys.

The club definately understands and is committed to youth however guy's like Gibbs, Murphy, Bower, Griggs, Walker, Russell, Simpson, Blackwell, Hampson, Betts are going to be under enormous physical pressure from the opposition. Having someone like Zantuck adds a bit of protection and physical pressure going the other way and will make the younger kids more confident.

Lets also not forget that whilst he may not be the most talented player he certainly can play football, and I just love the aggressive steak he has.

We will be taking Zantuck in the PSD. The reason being that we have drafted so many young kids in the last few years that we are short on Senior more mature bodies that can act as protection for the young guys.

The club definately understands and is committed to youth however guy's like Gibbs, Murphy, Bower, Griggs, Walker, Russell, Simpson, Blackwell, Hampson, Betts are going to be under enormous physical pressure from the opposition. Having someone like Zantuck adds a bit of protection and physical pressure going the other way and will make the younger kids more confident.

Lets also not forget that whilst he may not be the most talented player he certainly can play football, and I just love the aggressive steak he has.

You seem pretty certain making that statement BT. Do you have it on good knowledge that we will be taking Zantuck in the PSD, rather than Cam Cloke?

I'm not sure that zantuck is the kind of player carlton needs especially now after the fev thing in ireland. He isnt bad on the field but he can be bad off the field. We gave him one shot and he blew it. You would think a guy who knows it could be his last shot at afl would put his head down and prove himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem pretty certain making that statement BT. Do you have it on good knowledge that we will be taking Zantuck in the PSD, rather than Cam Cloke?

Yes, that is the view as of last discussion within the club, mainly for the reasons stated above. However Zantuck has been told that this is all subject to his conduct and that a final committment will not be given until just prior to the Dec draft.

Zantuck had a very good year in the QAFL. Played mainly as a forward.

There is definately a need to have some bodies within the side that are prepared to fly the flag and be capable of the physical stuff. Otherwise our talented young players will be belted around by bigger and more aggressive opponents.

Lets hope that he keeps himself on the right track (off-field) as he will be handy if that is the case.

Cameron Cloke will be considered for a Rookie spot, but is unlikely at this point.

Johnston and Williams will be rookies.

Yes, that is the view as of last discussion within the club, mainly for the reasons stated above. However Zantuck has been told that this is all subject to his conduct and that a final committment will not be given until just prior to the Dec draft.

There is definately a need to have some bodies within the side that are prepared to fly the flag and be capable of the physical stuff. Otherwise our talented young players will be belted around by bigger and more aggressive opponents.

Lets hope that he keeps himself on the right track (off-field) as he will be handy if that is the case.

Cameron Cloke will be considered for a Rookie spot, but is unlikely at this point.

That is some positive news, anyway. :thumbsu:

Exactly right, we can't play a team of youngsters everyweek, not only would we get murdered on the scoreboard, but a lot of them would likely get seriously injurred, like murph did last year, if we dont have some big boddies around the soak up some of the physical pressure, even if we took jamieson he is only 20 and hasnt had the physical development others get at an afl club, so he would take a bit of time to develope also (i think we should take him as a rookie if possible though). In terms of a senior big bodied player, zantuck is a much better option then cloke, as cloke is injurred half the time anyway, and if zantuck can behave correctly, he may actually be a decent player for us for a few years whilst the teenagers develop into senior level footballers

Anything in the possibility that we would take Cam Cloke to try and win over Dad, so that when Travis comes out of contract we can try and push for him to come to us?

When is Trav out of contract? If its the end of 2007, there might be something in it, as there's a solid to very good chance we'll have a no 1 PSD pick we could use to seal the deal. No doubt David is seething after Jason and Cam both got the arse in one go - and Trav would be a pretty handy pickup for us...

We did the same thing with the crap Longmuir (and it didn't work) - could it be worth a try again (I say NO, but then again, it wouldn't be the first board decision I've disagreed with)

The only thing that annoys me more than Cam Cloke coming to Carlton is someone making a new thread for the sake of making sure people read their opinion.

When this thread was created, the other thread had been going over 20 minutes. It's not like it said anything different or insightful in comparison to the other.

Sound good, hope that happens:thumbsu: . Just as longas Cloke stays FAR away from Carlton I'm happy.

By the way, when is the pre-season draft? I know it's early December, is it this weekend or next?

^^^ Great info BT. Very much appreciated, well, at least by me anyway. BTW, anything happening off field that we should know about?

Still movemements going on but I must say that Smorgon has dealt with the most recent attack very shrewdly. Once I know something more concrete i'll be in touch. however I am a little reluctant to post details due to the constant changing of the landscape.

Still think something will happen.

cloke will be a good pick up for carlton... if his shouldetrs remain intact he will become a valuable asset to a a team which should start to become quite strong over the next few years... As i said provided his shoulders stay in tact... Another bonus is that he knows alot of collingwood info..

Still movemements going on but I must say that Smorgon has dealt with the most recent attack very shrewdly. Once I know something more concrete i'll be in touch. however I am a little reluctant to post details due to the constant changing of the landscape.

Still think something will happen.

Thanks BT :thumbsu: Will be most appreciated!

Good to hear, especially the rookies. I agree on Zantuck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron Cloke to Carlton? Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back