Can North go all the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

They're like those Melbourne teams from the late 90s and early 00s. They can completely crush the best sides but have zero consistency and an average defense, it's all attack.

Would love to see them get up just to break the monotony of "powerhouse" i.e. "rich as shit and receiving advantages the poorer clubs don't get" clubs winning it.

North are taking on the "Australia's Team" mantle soon I reckon. Any other neutrals agree they'd like to see Norf get up?

Port are pretty cool too I guess.

North still need to overcome "bad North". Your first half last week against the Bombers was woeful. Do that against a Hawks or Sydney in a final and they will not let you back in. Even your first half against us was an example. Until North can become more consistant you will not win the flag. You havent yet shown you have reached that maturity level yet.

**** me.

Six games in a row is not consistent?

The last 10 minutes was not a case of North playing badly. It was that of a wounded champion team refusing to go quietly into the night.

There will always be inconsistencies within games, but the end result is what matters. We have managed to put three teams out of the finals, and get another go at a team we gave a big touch up to earlier in the year.

See ya next week Swannies. Treat this team lightly at your peril.

**** me.

Six games in a row is not consistent?

The last 10 minutes was not a case of North playing badly. It was that of a wounded champion team refusing to go quietly into the night.

There will always be inconsistencies within games, but the end result is what matters. We have managed to put three teams out of the finals, and get another go at a team we gave a big touch up to earlier in the year.

See ya next week Swannies. Treat this team lightly at your peril.

One of these days Bigfooty posters will realise there is no correlation between how a supporter base posts and how the team plays. If Sydney lose it won't be because 4 Sydney posters predicted a win.

Nahas really please. Johnson Christianson Vardy McIntosh Menzel Simpson Hunt Kirsten Cowen then perhaps Nahas .

Wow you have literally next to no football knowledge. Try to stop trolling for once. Yeah, that Josh CowAn with his 3 games in 5 seasons was a huge out, and Shane KErsten was the difference in the end...

swans will smash north. we put in a pathetic effort against them earlier in the year when we were well down on form. the swans will come out at their manic best next week and put the acid on north early.

in saying that, scott will undoubtedly make sure north are prepared for an early onslaught, its about how they respond to the pressure.

there wont be a repeat of last nights game

We are facing a completely different Sydney this week.

Huge task, let's embrace it!

Everyone is writing us off next week saying we'll be smashed. Remember a couple of things:
Last time a team from the bottom four made a prelim was Collingwood. They went into the match after a grueling, narrow victory against an undermanned West Coast and ran into the overwhelming hot favorites for that year Geelong. They ran Geelong extremely close and only lost by less than a kick.
Also to anyone calling us a 'weak' preliminary final side... Out of the teams remaining, we are the only ones to have beaten all the others, and we haven't lost to any of them. After beating Essendon and Geelong, we have now beaten all the top ten sides this year. If you add in a few wins that were missed opportunities throughout the year such as Brisbane, Gold Coast and Carlton and we're probably playing top 4.
Now despite all this, no I don't think we'll win, but I'm just saying we're not without a sneaky chance. ALL the pressure is on Sydney. If we bring the intensity again, things will be interesting indeed.

swans will smash north. we put in a pathetic effort against them earlier in the year when we were well down on form. the swans will come out at their manic best next week and put the acid on north early.

in saying that, scott will undoubtedly make sure north are prepared for an early onslaught, its about how they respond to the pressure.

there wont be a repeat of last nights game

While I think your forward line now plus Tippet is a lot more settled than the last time we played, and will get your mob then win, not sure why so many people are selling our performance short from earlier in the season.

That was actually one of the coaching teams better games where we perfectly executed a specific game plan for the opposition. Our defensive pressure over 4 quarters went a long way to preventing the Swans from playing the game on their terms. We have the equal most smothers in a game, the other being Sydney from last week.

Think most level headed Swans supporters would have reason to be confident but shouldnt be taking a team that has erdicated their consistency on the back of 6 wins including two tight finals wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow you have literally next to no football knowledge. Try to stop trolling for once. Yeah, that Josh CowAn with his 3 games in 5 seasons was a huge out, and Shane KErsten was the difference in the end...

The point was if you name Nahas it's as ridiculous as naming Cowan.

Crazier things have happened, but I can't see North winning the premiership, let alone beating Sydney.

North have no chance after the last 10 minutes of that game, very shaky around the contest when the heat was on.
Really? I thought we held our nerve pretty well. Nobody is going to beat Geelong by 100pts, which looked on the cards earlier. They're too good a side.

North's average age last night was 25.5. Hardly a side on the rise.

Firrito, Petrie and Wells all also over 30.

A couple of 29 years olds too.

With their age brackets its hard to see any improvement next year, so I think this is their last roll of the dice for a few years

Good luck to them
Lol firrito please don't kid yourself he is easily replaced. Petrie and wells still another 2 years for them. Wells we have beaten quality sides without this year anyway.
So brown, turner, cunnington, ziebell, mcdonald, atley, greenwood, macmillan, wright, gibson, black(continues to play injured) are all just going to go backwards. Swallow who is coming off an achilles injury as well and is still only 27.
Keep writing us off one things for sure is that we will be well ahead of that listless west coast mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can North go all the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back