Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m so hopeful we make finals and I think all the teams above us will be nervous. My biggest worry is a mental letdown and/or physical tiredness hitting us as a young team playing a fairly frenetic pace. That being said Sam and the coaching staff are managing the lads brilliantly. Our fitness seems to be peaking at just the right time and they are giving the mids plenty of time off the ground in games. Fingers crossed we can keep it going!!!

Personally, my biggest worry is getting to the ground when the gates open against Carlton and Richmond. Those games will be red hot and filled.

Just skimmed the last 3 pages and the attitude from this board is essentially "win the next 2 games and we'll make finals".

Rounds 23 & 24 look like walkovers but could just as easily be an ambush if any complacency creeps in.

Thankfully I think between Sam, the other coaches and many of our player leaders that we won't be silly enough to get too ahead of ourselves. And if we do, that's a harder lesson than getting touched up in an elimination final.
I just hope if we drop the ball and miss finals we don't do like Adelaide who spent all year just expecting they'd take the next step as last year they were a bees dick from finals and really deserved to be there due to an umpire error in a vital game.

I just hope if we drop the ball and miss finals we don't do like Adelaide who spent all year just expecting they'd take the next step as last year they were a bees dick from finals and really deserved to be there due to an umpire error in a vital game.
The irony is that timekeeping error against Port in the last quarter could be what costs us as well. But I don't think the club would dwell on that and instead look to our slow starts the last few seasons as the real area of improvement to focus on going into season 2025.

True. The thing that killed the Crows was their over reliance on experienced players that propped up their younger players. They really need to move Taylor Walker on to develop

The irony is that timekeeping error against Port in the last quarter could be what costs us as well. But I don't think the club would dwell on that and instead look to our slow starts the last few seasons as the real area of improvement to focus on going into season 2025.
The difference is, the loss to Port instilled resilience, Adelaide's loss instilled entitlement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only appreciate the extent to which Sydney have ****ed us over the last few weeks

Yep its incredible. I did a revised ladder prediction with Sydney losing the rest of their games against the Pies, Bombers and Crows (all possible at this rate), they still finish 7th on %.

Think Port should be safe at this rate. GWS the spot to take now. They have the three most in-form teams in the comp right now over the next four weeks (us, Brisbane, Dogs). I can't see many teams beating Brisbane or WBD over the next 8 weeks. Oh, and they also have Freo. Only adds more to tomorrow's game.

And now, with Blues and GWS ahead of us by 4 points until we play them both next, we essentially have:

Tomorrow:
- Mini final to possibly take GWS spot in the 8

Failing that, next week:
- Mini final to possibly take Carlton's spot in the 8

:)
Two cracks at it, can't really complain

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back