Autopsy Round 20, 2024 : Hawks murder Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

To twist a famous Michelle Obama catchphrase:

“When they go low, we go lower”

If you’re going to tackle someone, you simply have to keep contact below the neck level.

If that means dropping yourself down very low - so be it.
Or tackle around the hips is 1 option

To twist a famous Michelle Obama catchphrase:

“When they go low, we go lower”

If you’re going to tackle someone, you simply have to keep contact below the neck level.

If that means dropping yourself down very low - so be it.

I read that first sentence as 'to twist a famous Mitchell O'Meara quote' and thought SYL was about to have another aneurysm with the 2016 trade period being brought up again.

Not for the first time this year, we went full experimentation in the last quarter
Sicily forward, Chol in the ruck, Ward getting more midfield minutes, there were a few other things.

Must be really embarrassing for the opposition coach when the hawks start using you for scenario training in a live match

In the second or third quarter we had both Day and Newcombe lining up on the HFF and Ward, Moore and Nash (or Worpel?) as centre square midfielders. It's great to see that kind of rotation.

The AFL has reported on the Derby sanctions, but nothing on Michalanney or Nankervis as yet. We got a free-kick and a goal from the gut punch on Moore but would like to see the AFL apply a deterrent for how Watto was treated rather than just let it slide without mention.
I've lauded Moore's ability to move on quickly in the past, so I need to follow suit, however I do hope Watto and the crew are able to exact more vengeance on the scoreboard in our future tussles.

Loved Gerold Healy trying to get an inquiry into how the Hawks small forwards get soooo many frees. He's hated us for soooo long now 🤣 & here we come again

Watson and Ginnivan have milked some frees earlier this year.

But Watson in particular wasn't paid two or three against the Crows, and at least one obvious one against Collingwood that he should have got. I doubt they will get brought up by Healy.

Last edited:
a small forward line gets disproportionate amount of high frees? Crazy.

But seriously. It’s such dumb logic by Healy. So the umpires supposedly think that they’ve paid too many and adjust? So they were either incorrect in the earlier matches or they’re purposefully making incorrect calls now to make up the discrepancy? One or the other.

Last edited:
Just watched a replay. Dermie had another clanger. In the passage of play where Chol, defensive side of the wing handballs after a mark, the ball ends up in (I think) Amon's hands who runs down the wing and kicks a shank kick shallow inside fifty, which finds its way to Macdonald, who hands off to Newcombe who kicks it from 48. During the run down the wing, Brereton says "They've done well here Adelaide, they've all got themselves goal side of their opponents." Camera pans to the left (into our forward line) and every single hawthorn player ahead of the ball is goal side of THEIR opponents.

You should make a thread about Dermie's commentary. I'm sure it will be riveting.
And that way I can make sure to avoid the senseless drive by potting that is now de regueur on here for 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit thread. So many sooks.

Commentary was fine. Umpiring was fine.

Honestly doing my head in. We've never been so loved by the media.

Healy is a grumpy old twat but he spent most of the first half gushing over Day. He ticked off most of our free kicks too. Dwayne was all over us "ambrosia, dam good'. They talk about hawks getting a lot of high free kicks inside 50 because guess what, we do!

I watched the mini today. Damn they are fast, the kicking efficiency was the difference. That and there is no real weakness on all lines.

We are so lucky to have so many young precocious stars with genuine tricks. There is so much talent I can see this side making finals for years to come. Good fun.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Healy is a grumpy old twat but he spent most of the first half gushing over Day. He ticked off most of our free kicks too. Dwayne was all over us "ambrosia, dam good'. They talk about hawks getting a lot of high free kicks inside 50 because guess what, we do!

I watched the mini today. Damn they are fast, the kicking efficiency was the difference. That and there is no real weakness on all lines.

We are so lucky to have so many young precocious stars with genuine tricks. There is so much talent I can see this side making finals for years to come. Good fun.

For me it's nothing to do with bias or anti-Hawthorn sentiment or whatever else, they're just shithouse to listen to. 1/10th actually calling the game with the other 9/10ths being story time with Derm and running commentary on the umpiring and the merits of every decision. I'd prefer someone calling the game, and someone who has played in the last decade actually talking about strategy.

his call of "D'ambrilliant" was actually one of his best in years. Shame he can't stop the rot (repeat 4 more times)

Blew me away too, was checking the MRO Monday to see what they got …….nothing ! Total head scratch for me. They are a shambles.

Especially when Fyfe gets done for a week for a simple push in a fend off situation. That deserved 0 weeks.
Pushing a defenceless player’s head repeatedly into the turf, while 3 or 4 players are on top of the player gets nothing, the system is either seriously flawed or highly corrupt.

After all the media love we had last week we could have drunk the bath water, but that was a mature display.
Full credit to all the players and coaching staff.
Going to be hard to drop anyone but Fenchy and Serong are too good for VFL
Never thought I would say it, but there is also pressure for Morrison to be considered as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2024 : Hawks murder Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back