Autopsy Round 20, 2024 : Hawks murder Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, a great and very unexpected ride. At least our destiny is in our own hands.

Speaking of destiny in your own hands - how many did you manage?

I polished off the full 19!

To be fair, they are homemade ones and kinda small - but I was feeling the pressure with those late goals. Needed a lie down afterwards

Who remembers when Clarko pigeonholed him as a defensive forward….

Was almost the tipping point in the coaching handover plan being bought forward.

Mitchell playing Nash as a mid at BH… and livid Clarko refused to train him with the mids.
It's crazy looking back to the Box Hill videos from 2021 and seeing Mitchell, Andy Collins coaching together as they do now and a midfield with Nash, Newcombe and Maginness.

No suspensions from that melee yesterday. Despite the same player striking Moore and then going the ground and pound on Watsons face. Crazy.
That is absolutely insane. The AFL can completely **** off with all their platitudes around "protecting the head" if they are fine with a bloke taking a player 20 cms smaller than him to the ground and unleashing elbows into his head repeatedly.

Absolute hypocrites.

Could see it coming from Michalanney for about 20 minutes in the lead up - lots of little swinging arm cheap shots and then finally completely snapped. What I like about it is that the Hawk smalls are clearly winding them up and love when it works. Watson in particular seems to find it hilarious that people are so goaded by a midget... he's a complete animal.
Fines all round :(

Last edited:

Coaches Votes​

Adelaide v Hawthorn​

10 Connor MacDonald (HAW)
7 Jarman Impey (HAW)
7 Will Day (HAW)
3 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
2 Mabior Chol (HAW)
1 Jake Soligo (ADEL)

That is absolutely insane. The AFL can completely **** off with all their platitudes around "protecting the head" if they are fine with a bloke taking a player 20 cms smaller than him to the ground and unleashing elbows into his head repeatedly.

Absolute hypocrites.
Yeah was pretty pathetic. Not sure he could have been more of a weakling (swear filter preventing better adjectives)

No suspension for Michalanney is bordering on criminal. He elbowed Watson to the 'head' while he was on the ground !!!

Honestly chook lotto from the imbecile Michael Christian running the MRO office 🏬. What an absolute dingbat, the fact he doesn't have to explain the reasoning for decisions is why these decisions get made.

I expected 2 weeks, he got a fine.

Onto umpires, how did Adelaide who were sniping all game somehow win the free kick count 25 to 18. They were smashed in the game with 60 odd less possession. Honestly this competition is run by idiots ... utter imcompetence.

Wonder if they will roll out Laura Kane to explain to the public why we are wrong ... or has that playbook run its race. Nothing like an AFL house nuffie trying to explain the game to us...

Honestly AFL house is getting worse and worse ... knucklehead central.

Anyway Hawks are on fire Hawks and despite AFLs bungling of rules, umpires, MRO and fixture for Showtime Hawks... we are sticking it up them...long may it continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A really dumb one from Dermie...

Symptomatic of his tendency of opening his mouth without thinking, secure in his belief that a telling insight will magically come forth while the words pour out...
Just watched a replay. Dermie had another clanger. In the passage of play where Chol, defensive side of the wing handballs after a mark, the ball ends up in (I think) Amon's hands who runs down the wing and kicks a shank kick shallow inside fifty, which finds its way to Macdonald, who hands off to Newcombe who kicks it from 48. During the run down the wing, Brereton says "They've done well here Adelaide, they've all got themselves goal side of their opponents." Camera pans to the left (into our forward line) and every single hawthorn player ahead of the ball is goal side of THEIR opponents.

If Jake Soligo was 5th best on ground we must have been watching a different game.

oh and my Yabby votes align perfectly with the 5 Hawks :p
Mitchell would have given it to him because Soligo was the leading ground ball player in the game. He was doing well at the stuff we like doing well.

It's easy to see what our smalls are doing, go in low, see or know contact is coming and then remain low or go lower to draw the free. Technically I can see why people don't like it and it shouldn't be rewarded but it's not breaking the rules and it gains an advantage when it works. It forces the tackler to change their technique, which in a split second decision, most can't do.
To twist a famous Michelle Obama catchphrase:

“When they go low, we go lower”

If you’re going to tackle someone, you simply have to keep contact below the neck level.

If that means dropping yourself down very low - so be it.

Nick's said the Crows were "as bad as we've been for years" about their loss to the boys yesterday. It's funny how many coaches say that about losses to the Hawks, like there isn't some common denominator.
The full quote was:

“As good as (Hawthorn) were, we were as bad," he said post-match.

"It's probably as bad as we've been for a number of years, unfortunately."

I read this a decent praise for how well we played. Akin to saying “that’s as good a Hawthorn side as we’ve seen for a number of years.”

Which is absolutely true.

Last edited:
love how the wiz is an absolutely annoying f***

like after giving away that high free, didnt let go, held onto him forever like a vampire

woulda loved to know what he was saying to him the whole time bcos you could see the player was pissed

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2024 : Hawks murder Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back