Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not over. Win against Carlton and the GWS loss is probably the perfect loss to have leading in to finals. Lose against Carlton but have good wins against Tigers/Nth and we are still a very slight chance of making it dependent on other results.

The latter scenario would require one of GWS or Freo losing every game on the way home. Freo are actually vulnerable with 3 tough games to come and every team in the 8 needs to win each game for fear of totally missing the top 4 or even top 8 !

Win on Sunday and anything is possible.

Awesome analysis seysearles 👍

Looking at that to me the most important game will be the Cats against Freo this weekend.

If the Cats can do us a solid and beat Freo then they will be hard pressed to beat both the giants and power and we should be in (assuming of course we beat the Blues).

Also if Freo lose against the Cats they will be fired up to beat GWS the following week which helps us with the GWS losing all three games scenario as well (as I can’t see GWS beating the Lions at the Gabba or the Doggies in Ballarat).

As much as it pains me to say it “Go Cats!”
Freo put themselves in this position by Losing a game they shouldn't have on the weekend. If they want to be taken serious you just get the job done when in a winning position like that. It's different to our match because Freo went in favourites and are the better side.

1723066959231.png

As far as I'm concerned this is a good thing.

Final round we should be going out there with an aim of winning by 130!
Week off the following week if we do good enough, early holiday if we don't. Either way, our next three games need to be about percentage boosts to the max.

Confident against Carlton, need the win tho. Win big in the last two and the finals will be all be locked up.

Freo and GWS are the two who are genuinely chances of dropping out, Carlton could but an easier draw.

Freo has:
Geelong (H) - GWS (A) - Port (H)
They will be a chance to drop 2/3.

GWS even more so, if Hawthorn had beaten them they would drop heavily, have games now against:
Brisbane (A) - Freo (H) - Dogs (A)

As far as I'm concerned this is a good thing.

Final round we should be going out there with an aim of winning by 130!
Week off the following week if we do good enough, early holiday if we don't. Either way, our next three games need to be about percentage boosts to the max.
The only bad thing about us playing on the Saturday is we won't have pubs in Launceston packed with Hawthorn supporters watching the remaining games, would have been good fun.

Win this week and yes we can. Carlton won’t be easy, however, they do seem ripe for the picking at the moment. Ideally need to put a cricket score on Richmond (should be easy) and North (hard to say). It’s going to be fun, especially if we win this week.

Win this week and yes we can. Carlton won’t be easy, however, they do seem ripe for the picking at the moment. Ideally need to put a cricket score on Richmond (should be easy) and North (hard to say). It’s going to be fun, especially if we win this week.
Can still make it if we lose albeit we'd need a bit to go our way in other games

Just win out remaining 3 games, and everything will fall into place and we will be playing finals.
If win our remaining 3 games and any of the below scenarios happens we are in.

Freemantle to loose 2 out of 3
They have Geelong (H), GWS (A), Port (H)

Carlton to loose 2 out of 3
They have Hawks, Eagles (A), St Kilda

Gws to loose 2 out of 3
They have Brisbane (A), Freem (A), Dogs in Ballarat

Just win out remaining 3 games, and everything will fall into place and we will be playing finals.
If win our remaining 3 games and any of the below scenarios happens we are in.

Freemantle to loose 2 out of 3
They have Geelong (H), GWS (A), Port (H)

Carlton to loose 2 out of 3
They have Hawks, Eagles (A), St Kilda

Gws to loose 2 out of 3
They have Brisbane (A), Freem (A), Dogs in Ballarat
Any which way but loose. IYKYK 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have Brisbane in Brisbane last round, if top spot is up for grabs, Brisbane will be gunning for it. Essendon will lose.
Logic would dictate that to be the case, but 2024 defies any notion of rationality – so don't count on that happening.

By memory isn’t grumbleguts our in house spellchecker / corporal punisher?
No. I only punish sergeants and above. (Also I don't care about spelling at all. But actually using incorrect words out of context...)

"Would of" instead of "would have"
"Then" instead of "than"
"Essendon" instead of "Stupid pack of scum sucking campaigners"

Realistically only 10 teams still in the mix. If we win all 4 I would say we would more than likely take GWS’s spot, possibly on percentage. Don’t see them getting close to Lions or Dogs away on current form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back