Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had lost to gws (1st game) , dogs and saints in those close games we would not be in the 8. im counting our blessings rn.
If Collingwood had lost those dozen games or so where they won by 10 pts or less last year, including all three finals, they wouldn’t have been premiers… swings n roundabouts…

Our flogging of Crows has probably over shadowed they've been in pretty good form. Beat GWS at home, flogged Saints at home, just lost to Lions away, beat Bombers away, just lost to Geelong away, flogged Dogs at home. Media do their thing when we completely flog someone and hone in and slam the opposition, but outside that game they've been doing pretty well. Showdown will be a tough game for Port next week.

I've seen a few finals first week projections (assuming we make it of course), they have us playing the dogs at the G. That would be the best outcome I reckon. I'd much prefer that than getting the pussies, Brisbane in Brissie, Port at AO or Giants in Sydney.

Dogs are a mercurial and inconsistent side, they can beat anyone at all on their day, but they can also play like a bag of shit, and we seem to match up well on them.

I've seen a few finals first week projections (assuming we make it of course), they have us playing the dogs at the G. That would be the best outcome I reckon. I'd much prefer that than getting the pussies, Brisbane in Brissie, Port at AO or Giants in Sydney.

Dogs are a mercurial and inconsistent side, they can beat anyone at all on their day, but they can also play like a bag of shit, and we seem to match up well on them.
Also, given the results this weekend, believe it or not, Collingwood are still alive. They can conceivably sneak into the 8… if Freo and Carlton both lose their remaining two games and Pies win theirs, they’re in

dogs have so much talent on their list. no idea why they aren't a top 4 side other than bevo.

People will laugh - but Norf will be a danger game. They are slowly improving and Clarko will be out for our blood. He would have them fired up to deprive us of finals - we have to be very bloody switched on for that game should we account for Richmond next week.
North just lost to eagles in Tassie and were outplayed by tigers but fell over the line because of how inaccurate the tigers were. Fired up or not they are terrible.

I do agree we need to be switched on though as the difference between our best and worst is still very big.

Get near our best and it will be a big win. It’s a good challenge before finals to play at 110% no matter how bad the opposition is. Should be looking to smash both teams and maintain form.

If if's Port and they are ahead of us won't the game be in SA?
And if it's Geelong, won't that be at the cattery?
The only way I see us getting a game at the G in the first week is if we finish 6th or the bullies finish 6th and we come 7th.
Could be a first week of finals with none in Melbourne.
Yes I think we finish 6th and Port 7th. I think they lose to both Adelaide and Freo. Saying that if other performances go our way we could still finish top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for the intrusion but I reckon you guys are going to be dangerous in the likely scenario you make September, I'd be very scared if we came up against you lot in the first week if we make it.

Probably the most entertaining team in the league right now.

is it ok if I change my poll answer from a "no" to a "yes" ?
thank god I'm not a betting man.
after round five, the Hawks were $501 the flag, and 25-1 to make the 8.
followed the Hawks for 46 years, this is by far our most surprising season. Just incredible. Forget the GWS tsunami, the opposition defenders are facing a Hawthorn Hurricane, and it's coming to the MCG this September.
I know I say this every week, but the three off-season recruits and last year's recruiting of Meek and Amon has totally transformed the playing list. Hats off to our amazing recruiting staff.

I'll leave this here. I didn't add the Swines as we can't catch them. How high do we think we can climb?

View attachment 2076448
I think GWS win out, based on form. Port could lose both from here, Adelaide are a danger game for anyone, and Freo will be fired up for their last home game. That puts us 5th if my maths is correct (it often isn't).

I don't think it's that unrealistic.

To think our first prime time night game of the season will now likely be a final
Nah, we'll get the Sunday arvo timeslot. Then Sat arvo, then Sat arvo, then Sat arvo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back