Can Worsfold survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just asking, why did West Coast get rid of him if he's still got what it takes?

He coached us for 12 years mate - including a flag, a GF and 8/12 finals series. Got the team back into the 8 after a very tough time for the club and won finals. All good things must come to an end and it was time to move on.

Has he still got what it takes in 2019?..

Well he got an injury riddled mediocre list to the finals...

He coached us for 12 years mate - including a flag, a GF and 8/12 finals series. Got the team back into the 8 after a very tough time for the club and won finals. All good things must come to an end and it was time to move on.

Why did WCE get rid of him?

Why did WCE get rid of him?

Because, 6 years ago, after 12 years as West Coast coach, he decided to stand aside and the club didn’t stop him. It was time, it happens.

Not really relevant to his time at Essendon - I just feel he deserves a little more respect certain ‘Essendon People’...considering what he has done for your club.

Because, 6 years ago, after 12 years as West Coast coach, he decided to stand aside and the club didn’t stop him. It was time, it happens.

Not really relevant to his time at Essendon - I just feel he deserves a little more respect certain ‘Essendon People’...considering what he has done for your club.

I agree to some extent.

He was good for us at a hard time in our history but he also knew the risks and is well paid and looked after but i agree he was very good through that time.

As for the media Robbo's a ****wit that can't string two coherent sentences together and has no connection to the club. Lloyd is an ex Essendon person but has zero connection to the club other than being a supporter and should be treated like any other media person.

Watson is a differnt matter but after his opinion earlier in the year he hasn't said anything other than he expects him to be there next year.

He has everyone's respect, he did us a huge benefit when he first came. Now though, it's time as you said, to move forward for the benefit of the club again.

WCE supporters seem to be taking this to heart because of who he is to them.

Reckon Velvet made some good points

Would you swap him for Simpson?

Would you swap him for Simpson?

Considering Simpson is reigning premiership coach, not right now but there are things I preferred about Woosh and vice versa.

We’ve been fortunate to have both.

Anyway, getting me to say I wouldn’t swap Simpson for Woosha is a bit silly...and not really relevant to your club. ☺

Really don't get this "we owe" Woosha attitude because he took over from the Peptides saga. Pretty sure he didn't have to accept the job and he certainly knew the circumstances around the position. You'd think $1m per season to sit on the bench watch players butcher basic skills would be enough compensation. Apparently not? :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Velvet made some good points

Solomons name keeps getting thrown about with the 2 we have officially hired
Is solly coming as part of the coaching panel? I may have missed the news here.

Solomons name keeps getting thrown about with the 2 we have officially hired
Is solly coming as part of the coaching panel? I may have missed the news here.

Not sure but he would add toughness and not afraid to give a bake if players under perform.

Simple fact is Worsfold is a poor match day coach.

You knew what Simpsons plan was take away Essendons run and gun and block the corridor would Worsfold come up with a plan to take away the oppos strength? Hell no.

Worsfold has only been coach for 4 years, made finals in 2 of those 4 years and yet his career is on the line, meanwhile, Ken Hinkley makes 3 finals 7 years and the board still backs him up, not to mention all the time Ross Lyon got before he was shown the door.
Why does Worsfold get more pressure than other coaches in an equal or worse position?

Worsfold has only been coach for 4 years, made finals in 2 of those 4 years and yet his career is on the line, meanwhile, Ken Hinkley makes 3 finals 7 years and the board still backs him up, not to mention all the time Ross Lyon got before he was shown the door.
Why does Worsfold get more pressure than other coaches in an equal or worse position?

Because the clubs goal this year was to win a final and we failed? We played finals in 2017 getting to the finals was not the pass mark for this team.

Pretty damming that we didn't improve one bit from that final flogging against Sydney all I saw was the shit

Last edited:
Hinkley is a weird one. Port clearly good enough to be playing finals.
Worsfold got an injury ravaged essendon list into finals.

Both clubs in a similar position. Have worked heavily on their lists and don't have anything to show for it.

Essendon made finals w a terrible injury list and mediocre performances from many so called stars. Woosh deserves to see out his contract. Essendon needs to clean out all other departments, not coaching.

Worsfold is two years older than Horse they are contemporary's rather than Student/Mentor. Longmire was the most recent Premiership Winning Coach of the two men also.
I think you've confused John Longmire and Justin Longmuir.

No point playing in finals unless you finish top 4 imo
What position did the Bulldogs finish after the H&A season in 2016? The premiership-winning Bulldogs?

I think you've confused John Longmire and Justin Longmuir.

What position did the Bulldogs finish after the H&A season in 2016? The premiership-winning Bulldogs?
You're quite right. Here's me thinking you had problems spelling Longmire's name, haaaaaaa. Thanks for pointing out my mistake & for giving me an opportunity to laugh at myself.

Quite like the Dockers & finishing 13th was ideal. A team from the bottom 6 has improved the following year to play finals the last few years now. The softer draw for bottom 6 helps. Not happy old Royboy Ross Lyon was given the boot & feel that may derail your finals chances next year. You were definitely on course for finals with Lyons imo. Good luck next year all the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Worsfold survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back