Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 18/04/15, 1:45 PM - Changes post #573

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was originally pleased when we picked up Gwilt, but watching him yesterday oh my he was soft, do not want in the side.
He was fine. Outside of a 5 minute patch Gunston did nothing.

I was originally pleased when we picked up Gwilt, but watching him yesterday oh my he was soft, do not want in the side.
It was his first game.

Merrett and Goddard have been listed as knee injuries.

Ins would be Dalgliesh and Dempsey.

Dempsey as sub and Ashby gets a full 120 minutes at half-back.
I'm pretty sure neither of those injuries are serious enough to result in missing games

Goddard played out the match, don't see why he'd miss. What happened to Merrett, dont remember

Howlett gives his all and goes 100% in an under. Bit like Armbrose. They are incredibly valuable to the team. Occasionally Howlett will cop one, through his desperation. This appears to be what happened on Sunday. He must be in the seniors.
Howlett did an enormous amount of work vs Sydney in his first proper match for the year. Fair to say he pulled up sore. After being subbed out vs hawthorn I'd say he'd be feeling much better coming into the Carlton match

Howlett played well against Sydney because it was a slog fest without much need for gut running. The way he plays the game makes him one of my favourite players but he just doesn't cover the ground well enough to play a full game in the midfield on the wide open spaces at the G and Chapman and Cooney have him covered as half forwards.

He's the ideal sub IMHO.

Geez games like this make me nervous.

For all intents we should beat the SHIT out of Carlton. They are a horrible, poorly coached mess of a side. And we are (on form) one of the top half dozen sides in the league.

I mean, this should be horribly one-sided.

I hate that feeling. :confused:

MNnMRyn.gif

Just a little bit of inspiration for this week

Geez games like this make me nervous.

For all intents we should beat the SHIT out of Carlton. They are a horrible, poorly coached mess of a side. And we are (on form) one of the top half dozen sides in the league.

I mean, this should be horribly one-sided.

I hate that feeling. :confused:
It was a lot easier when we were expected to get done. I think back to Round 4, 2012. One of my favourite matches. Carlton were installed as premiership favourites that week. BAHAHAHAHAH.

638042-andrew-carrazzo.jpg

**** Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was fine. Outside of a 5 minute patch Gunston did nothing.

Watched closely, he minded his man well.. wasn't exactly a team contributor when it was his turn to leave his man and help the team he didn't. When he had to put his body on the line he didn't imo.

I'm not a Gwilt basher so I have no vested interest in seeing him dropped, I truly thought he was soft as butter and hated every second of it.

Wonder how conservative we will be this week?

Howlett groin, Merret would be sore after two big games off a 6 day break and apparant knock to the knee.

If i was going to make changes id go.

Outs-
Howlett- Purely to get his groin right, dont need him limping through a year, seems affected by niggles more than most
Merret- Knock to the knee, and two hard slogs, skip this week, so he can play all the way to the bye.
Gwilt- Dropped purely to bring Fletch back in now he is over his groin

Ins-
Kav- Gets his chance to play some senior footy in preferred position wthout myers and Howlett holding him out.
Merret- replace his brother, gives us really good run and will allow us to exploit a weaknes of carltons
Fletch- Get that man back in, sooner we get him to 400 the better. surely he needs to run down Yarran or something too.

???
Goddard- had to be carried off, does he need a break to get it right or can he play through whatever it is.

The above sounds suspiciously like resting players but I think to get this group through the year in tip top shape we are gong to need a heavily distributed load through the midfield. the brand of footy we play under Hird may not be sustainable all year round if we dont.

Wonder how conservative we will be this week?

Howlett groin, Merret would be sore after two big games off a 6 day break and apparant knock to the knee.

If i was going to make changes id go.

Outs-
Howlett- Purely to get his groin right, dont need him limping through a year, seems affected by niggles more than most
Merret- Knock to the knee, and two hard slogs, skip this week, so he can play all the way to the bye.
Gwilt- Dropped purely to bring Fletch back in now he is over his groin

Ins-
Kav- Gets his chance to play some senior footy in preferred position wthout myers and Howlett holding him out.
Merret- replace his brother, gives us really good run and will allow us to exploit a weaknes of carltons
Fletch- Get that man back in, sooner we get him to 400 the better. surely he needs to run down Yarran or something too.

???
Goddard- had to be carried off, does he need a break to get it right or can he play through whatever it is.

The above sounds suspiciously like resting players but I think to get this group through the year in tip top shape we are gong to need a heavily distributed load through the midfield. the brand of footy we play under Hird may not be sustainable all year round if we dont.

I'd love to see Laverde play. Went very well on the weekend. Don't know how likely that is tho. Maybe a game or 2 away still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back