Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 18/04/15, 1:45 PM - Changes post #573

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we play Carlisle back when Hurley and Hooker are absolutely bossing it, and when Carlisle was hardly bad in his last outing as a forward?
I dont disagree but imagine the back line of
Hurley hooker carlisle baguley hibberd and gleeson? Unbeatable!

I too am nervous about this game. Like ANZAC Day, these games have a habit of surprising everyone. The last two weeks have seen us in brilliant form and terrible form. We are the better side, we should win by a lot, however after the fadeout we had against Sydney, Hawthorn should by all rights annihilated us. They didn't because we didn't let them but also maybe, just maybe, there was some complacency on their side. If that happens to us this week, what's to say Carlton don't shock us like we did Hawthorn and then all of a sudden, the blowtorch everyone is mentioning being on those pack of flogs is on us instead. Yes I expect us to win and yes I pray that it is by 20 goals, however I am also praying Hirdy and Harvs have got the boys thinking differently to 90% of people on this board. 4 points is what we need, a percentage booster is what we want and an absolute skull ****ing of the scum is what we all desire

I too am nervous about this game. Like ANZAC Day, these games have a habit of surprising everyone. The last two weeks have seen us in brilliant form and terrible form. We are the better side, we should win by a lot, however after the fadeout we had against Sydney, Hawthorn should by all rights annihilated us. They didn't because we didn't let them but also maybe, just maybe, there was some complacency on their side. If that happens to us this week, what's to say Carlton don't shock us like we did Hawthorn and then all of a sudden, the blowtorch everyone is mentioning being on those pack of flogs is on us instead. Yes I expect us to win and yes I pray that it is by 20 goals, however I am also praying Hirdy and Harvs have got the boys thinking differently to 90% of people on this board. 4 points is what we need, a percentage booster is what we want and an absolute skull ******* of the scum is what we all desire

They're pretty experienced group now and i back the boys to deliver.

It was a lot easier when we were expected to get done. I think back to Round 4, 2012. One of my favourite matches. Carlton were installed as premiership favourites that week. BAHAHAHAHAH.

638042-andrew-carrazzo.jpg

**** Carlton.

Perfectly legitimate tackle, which the umpire and match review panel also agreed with. I remember the way Murphy carried on the next day on one of those Sunday tv shows. Pathetic and sad at the once. Oh yeah most of the Melbourne sports media gobbled his shit talk up too.
I would of been embarrassed if I was desperate enough to barrick for that s... stain of a club.
Good reflection of the type of club they truly are.

Anyway after re-watching the HAwthorn game, if we bring the same intensity, well it should just about finish Mick off.

Not sure if it's been posted, but I'll bring it up again if it has.

Every supporter who goes to the game this week needs to remember one thing alone for the afternoon. When the EFC players were asked who gave them the most sledging on the ground during the 2 years accusing them of being drug cheats during a game, the common name that came up was Chris Judd.

A total hypocrite of the highest order, mentioning drugs and the plight they cause, when the reason he got out of West Coast was because of the drug culture at the club. It effected some good football people and cost one his life. I don't think the sledging and baiting should be overlooked by any means and any time C Judd looks close at gaining a possession, he should be booed as loud with his first touch... until his last.

A great exponent of the game? You betcha. Skills of the highest order - no argument from me.

After hearing the above from our players, I won't venerate Chris Judd or admire him with any esteem in regards to his integrity on the field. I despise that he chose the weakest element to use against our players as a cheap shot, with no substance. As we only play Carlton once this season and with Judd nearing the end, I'd love for our players to take his 'kind words' on board and give him the send off he deserves. The crowd can only help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and heck Carl$cum.

I will say it again boys and girls. Carlton will come out breathing fire. They have been pillared in the press and have had a few "honesty" sessions. Our boys have been the hunters for the last two weeks and caught two gun teams off guard in the first half. We failed to maintain the rage for 4 quarters, but it was an improvement in that area this week.

This week we're the hunted. Carlton will put everything into this week. Coming up against a hated rival is just the tonic for a wounded beast. Our boys should still prevail but they will give us hell. If we lose Goddard as well that means we have Myers, Hocking and Goddard as big strong and experienced mids missing. That could be an issue in a game like this. I expect them to bring Cripps in and with Judd and Bell finally have a big bodied midfield.

That said I expect Hurley and Hooker to smash whatever Carlton assemble in the forward line, while Daniher and Carlisle should run rampant up the other end. I also expect Bellchambers to dominate the ruck, if they are stupid enough to play Wood again.

So with that in mind if I was Carlton I'd send Henderson back, drop Rowe and Wood then bring Armfield, Cripps and Walker in for them plus White. Carrazzo to Watson and Curnow to Heppell and hope like hell that Judd can play for 4 quarters and Murphy and Gibbs can remember how to play footy again. They could play Walker as their key forward with all smalls for the rest. Then hope like hell that winning the contested ball will feed their runners that open the game up and their small and quick forward line undermine our KPDs.

Despite all this I think Essendon will send Melksham to Judd, have Howlett keep Murphy accountable and assume that Watson, Heppell and Zaka will smash the rest of their midfield. Quick ball movement delivered to two 200cm KPFs desperate to have a big game will just tear them a new ringer.

Anyway here is the 2012 game skipped to a point in the 3rd quarter after Stants kicks a goal. It cuts to the bench and you see "The Weapon" talking to a trainer ... who is Danksy!!

The time didn't work ... however, skip to 1hr 25min

That's right Carl$cum foamers .. we were using drugs and broke Carrazzo's should with roid rage.

Oh and heck Carl$cum.

I will say it again boys and girls. Carlton will come out breathing fire. They have been pillared in the press and have had a few "honesty" sessions. .

Like they did last year with that bruise free football they played against us, got smashed in the press big time, and then came out and lost to Melbourne?

tipping judd to bounce the ball into his own face causing blood rule delays

The "Bounty on Carrazzo" thread on the carlton board is one of my all time favourite threads. The tastiest of tears. A hit job!

No idea how we'll go this weekend, but looking forward to it immensely.

Howlett did an enormous amount of work vs Sydney in his first proper match for the year. Fair to say he pulled up sore. After being subbed out vs hawthorn I'd say he'd be feeling much better coming into the Carlton match

It looked like he had tightness in the groin coming away from one of the contests.

With sticks back there they'll probably start drafting well. He did an excellent job with the Giants.
Sticks is Kernahan. He's been their disaster of a president for over a decade now. Silvagni is the bloke you're talking about. Despite being Carlton through and through he is a great bloke and very sensible guy. That said it's a very different scenario to what he had at the giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back