Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 18/04/15, 1:45 PM - Changes post #573

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am, I shit you not, LESS confident this week than I was last.

We do this too often, lose games against sides we should beat the living shit out of.
Me too! Sydney and Hawthorn back to back is less daunting than round 14 and 15 when we play St Kilda and Melbourne, last year's bottom two, back to back. Scary two weeks

If we demolish Carlton, we should thrash Collingwood and St. Kilda and go 4-1

Reading this thread, the seeds of a defeat this weekend are clearly being sown.

Given our complete lack of consistency, I don't know how any of you feel this confident about any game, let alone Carlton, who always save their best for us...

we've only lost 1 of our last 6 against them. they are getting worse, and we are getting better
it SHOULD be a fait accompli.

i'm backing us to win comfortably, but will be hoping we put the game away early.

we've only lost 1 of our last 6 against them. they are getting worse, and we are getting better
it SHOULD be a fait accompli.

i'm backing us to win comfortably, but will be hoping we put the game away early.
Agree. Key here is that they are copping a grilling this week.

All we have to do is play with our expected intensity and the rest will take care of itself as we are more skilful, bigger and better.

If we want to be a top team, we need to monster crap teams.

If we want to be a top team, we need to monster crap teams.

Hawthorn have won their last eleven ****ing games against the scum.

They are absolute shit. Wooden spoon shit.

Yes, I'm nervous because we all know what we have done in the past, but this should be a smashing, we should absolutely wipe the floor with Carlton.

**** Carlton.

Hawthorn have won their last eleven ****ing games against the scum.

They are absolute shit. Wooden spoon shit.

Yes, I'm nervous because we all know what we have done in the past, but this should be a smashing, we should absolutely wipe the floor with Carlton.

**** Carlton.
I agree. It is the old Dons/Scum/Filth rivalry triangle. Having said that, they are terrible. Their list is much poorer than last season and is impotent up forward.

Only complacency will stop us and that is the last big challenge for the group. Eliminate complacency and we are a genuine shot.

We really need to take advantage of this little 3 week block where we are playing teams we "should" beat. After that we have Freo away and then 6 day break off that into the Roos.

Im more nervous about this game then either of our first two games. Big test for the group will give us an indication on whether the group has matured as a whole. I dont think we need to thrash them, but id like a strong 4 quarter performance with no fadeout to know that the boys are physically up for it.

I agree. It is the old Dons/Scum/Filth rivalry triangle. Having said that, they are terrible. Their list is much poorer than last season and is impotent up forward.

Only complacency will stop us and that is the last big challenge for the group. Eliminate complacency and we are a genuine shot.
Agree. I think this team has turned that corner. We will win comfortably.

Agree. I think this team has turned that corner. We will win comfortably.

We should.

Until we consistently start belting inferior sides though I'll be nervous.

I dont think we need to thrash them, but id like a strong 4 quarter performance with no fadeout to know that the boys are physically up for it.

if we do play 4 quarters, we will thrash them
can't remember many 4 quarter performances in the last few years. probably round 3 last year was one of few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt this team will be taking anything for granted for a very long time. They had 2 years prospecting a potential future without playing footy. That would've been a terrible burden.

They have now been released from the burden and I seriously doubt there's an ounce of complacency in the club at any level right now. It's time to let the other 17 clubs know we have long memories, that we remember them all sucking the balls of the AFL at "that" presidents meeting, and that it is time for retribution. **** them all.

over the last 2 weeks we have played some serious football against some very serious football sides.

does that make us a serious football team, I'll get back to you in about 5 months.

Does the 140-odd point belting of Melbourne count? Probably not, it's Melbourne. In saying that, let's forget all about the corresponding game last year...

My uncertainty has absolutely nothing to do with how well Carlton play, and everything to do with our Jekyll and Hyde impersonations over the last couple of years. I've said it before, but it seems as though that knowing that they can beat an opponent seems to be enough for our guys. Consequently, when they think a team should be easily beaten, they tend to suffer from a collective drop off in intensity, which leads to the resultant losing of a game that they should have won.

TLDR: I'm yet to see the killer instinct in our side that champion teams have. We'll know much more about this group at the end of round 5.

Sticks is Kernahan. He's been their disaster of a president for over a decade now. Silvagni is the bloke you're talking about. Despite being Carlton through and through he is a great bloke and very sensible guy. That said it's a very different scenario to what he had at the giants.

Oops, in my defence I don't like giving too much thought in regards to Carlton people, makes me nauseous. I think his drafting/list management has been exceptional, half the players they've cut are AFL quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back