Carlton vs Fremantle Matchday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as i am a fan of Ratts as a player - i have seen very little to suggest the makings of a good coach- time will tell i guess.

Our game plan is weak at best,with little to no accountability in the defensive half .Corralling of opposition players is not effective and should be replaced with solid tackling.
Manning up our opponents when they are kicking in ,is attrocious and too often teams can run the ball upto halfback/wing with little trouble before we show increased desperation.Thornton i'm talking about you.
The likes of roughead should never be left on their own 25 m out from goal.

We have stuff all crumbing forwards in our sides and these are the players that apply forward pressure ,holding the ball in our forward 50.Get them out of the ants whether they are ready or not.

Fev -who the hell knows whats really going on there

Finally -we need to back ourselves in ,and just take the game on. Let other teams worry about us rather than us worrying about them.

Fev had to be carrying an injury tonight off before the first bounce and on and off more than he has ever been. Something was definately wrong. Someone on another thread has said that he grabbed his thigh while taking a shot for goal in warm ups . He certainly wasnt the same Fev. Too many passengers Chief gone off the boil,Cloke not up the the grade, Hammer showed a little and could be used as a back up ruckman with Kruze. No one was going to be the man beast Sandilands in the ruck. Our centres should have been roving to him but were outplayed by Freo in this department.

Your boys tonight reminded me of freo (offensive?) when it mattered you did not hit targets. Both teams squander opportunities. If it was Geelong both teams would have been belted tonight.

Good luck with sorting out your defence. We drew equal in the middle and that got us over the line.

You better hope happy fev turns up again or all your middle dominance will mean little.

Your boys tonight reminded me of freo (offensive?) when it mattered you did not hit targets. Both teams squander opportunities. If it was Geelong both teams would have been belted tonight.

Good luck with sorting out your defence. We drew equal in the middle and that got us over the line.

You better hope happy fev turns up again or all your middle dominance will mean little.

Too true. And I hate to think what Palmer would have done to us!

Any team that loses to Freo should be ashamed of themselves :thumbsdown:
Credit where it's due..
Our boys came across on a 5hr road trip after a derby which we won (where history shows we should have lost this one) and we won it.

I think we played well and have for a few weeks now :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton vs Fremantle Matchday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back