Carlton where do they sit??

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems to be a weakish year of AFL with not many true contenders and Geelong looking near certainties to win it again. Also a lot of poor teams this year that seem to have gone backwards from '09. So I see no reason for us not to finish in the top 4

Should be in the top 4 after 12 rounds given we should win the next four and after that its whether we can hang on or not. After Collingwood and Geelong there are about 5 clubs (Carlton, Sydney, St.Kilda, Bulldogs, Fremantle) vying for the last 2 spots in the top 4 and at this stage anyone of them could do it. I believe we can do it and hope we can but there is a long way to go. If we do happen to make it we are a definate chance to go all the way. Sneak one like the hawks did.

Forget pre season predictions recent AFL history has shown plenty of teams move up and down the ladder quickly . Plan for the future but takes your chances when they arrive

Cats are the team to beat this teat but blues are putting themselves in the mix. Would be staggered if they were not considering a top 4 finish possibe this year

IMO Cats are a lock for top 4 with the remaqining 3 spots likely too come from Pies/Dogs Blues and Saints. Freo an outside chance and maybe Port. Blues should be playing Sept and could ger towards the pointy end

Based on current form only someone with the blinkers on would say they are not going to make the top 4.
They can't do anything else than what they are doing.

At the moment I would say they are in the top 3 sides in the comp.

Geelong- Collingwood - Carlton - Bulldogs = hard to separate them at this stage.

Freo, Saints, Swans, Lions, Brisbane, Port are all going to be making the numbers.

I don't think we will make the top four, but anything between 5 - 8 is a strong possibility, I will be happy with that considering everyone and his dog wrote us off after the Fev trade. Top four I think is next year for us and after that a real push for the GF.

Don't know were Carlton sit. But after watching the game today you'd have to say Juddy is back to his best. And the best player in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really interested in bandying "best player in the competition" around because that seem to change intermittently.
He is certainly playing as good as I can recall, perhaps the equal of his 05-06 dominance. He will help them go a very long way.
Plus the emergence of other lesser players will help Carlton's cause. Establishing players like Russell, White and Armfield as good mid-sized backs which fulfills a need that they had been lacking last year.
Their midfield is outstanding but Judd is really their barometer. He comes back into the team and players such as Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson and Carrazzo can be used for roles other than merely to get hardball.
Also Shaun Grigg, looked very promising last year. It's a great luxury for Carlton that he isn't playing but feel disappointed for the boy.

Do you love 53 points as well? :)

Another year, and the May Premiers are out in force once again.

Perhaps Collingwood will get the chance to have a crack at beating Carlton in a final in 2010.

To the best of my memory that has not happened in my lifetime, although in the same period we have rolled Collingwood in three - or is it four - Grand finals. It's happened so often its hard to remember.....

I don't think we will make the top four, but anything between 5 - 8 is a strong possibility, I will be happy with that considering everyone and his dog wrote us off after the Fev trade. Top four I think is next year for us and after that a real push for the GF.

I'd say that's just about spot-on, although I wouldn't be amazed if we gave it a serious tilt next season.

I'm kinda worried you might sneak into fourth, because honestly as it stands right now, it appears that not many sides really want those other two spots in the four.

Fremantle will more than likely drop off a LITTLE bit as young sides do, St.Kilda are lucky to even BE in the 8, and Sydney have come back to earth.

Carlton are going by unnoticed, WAY ahead of where everyone expected them to be.

I have a mate who barracks for Carlton that had you guys as 1-7 after 8 rounds, but you're 5-3.

You could end up in the 4 with a bit of luck.

be afraid very afraid!

I would love a team like the blues in top 4...sure will make september alot easier!

btw pies/cats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of the comp

Only one thing counts my friend and that's a flag, so it does not matter that 2 teams are better only one will have it.

Kids :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton where do they sit??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back