Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Time for your questions - Thursday PM recording at this stage.

Only positives from Carlton game was Dempsey getting plenty of ball, jhye Clarke 20 touches against a very good midfield and SDK Finding some touch, but still what cost? We are going down a dangerous path if we are moving players out of position to help them with confidence as the coach said in his presser. Mark o Connor 2 touches to half time. You cannot tell me knevitt, Hardie, parfit wouldn’t offer more. Conway has to ruck this week, 20 touches 38 hit outs 8 clearances and only reason he didn’t take 10 marks was cos he had 3 blokes hanging off him all day. Mitch knevitt 24 touches 14 contested possessions 10 tackles 8 Clearances. Neeldy said after Friday night loss that cats picked a team they thought could win. Well I’m picking knevitt over o Connor and touhy, our weakness is midfield, they aren’t midfielders, knevitt is. Neale 3.3, kicks straight he wins us the vfl game, comes in for the big hawk, and we’ll know by the time the pod comes out, if we don’t challenge dangers suspension we may as well get a frontal lobotomy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gents...
I was listening to the 5th quarter on Spotify.. And I hear that Mark Neld was going on why would Geelong Coaches would choose to pick Zach Tuohy rather then Mitch Knevitt.... Honestly Blind Freddie can see 👀 Mitch Knevitt would be a far better pick then Zach Tuohy!!!

Also at season's end, I hope Chris Scott and Andrew Mackie will be ruthless at season's end... We mad the early call on Paul Chapman, Jimmy Bartell etc in not giving them a new contract. I think we have to do the same thing with Mitch Duncan and Gary Rohan.. Thoughts?

FoxDog50

Gents,

Worst loss in a while, surely time for some changes.

In 2022 Brad Close was unbelievably clean, rarely fumbled. Now, he’s fumbly and listed on the interchange for the first time this season against the Blues.

Is it time to send Close back to the VFL to find form and bring in a similar style player who can help as a mid - eg Mannagh or Hardie?

Second question if time permits - if Danger is suspended is it Hardie, Parf or Knevitt?

Thanks

Gents,
I have been pondering the dilemna of our on ball brigade this year, and I think back to 2022. The GF lineup for the midfield was Blicavs, O'Connor, Duncan, Stanley, Dangerfield, C Guthrie. With Selwood & Atkins named on the bench. And we know Holmes was out with injury.
Last week v Carlton we didn't have Stanley, Guthrie and Selwood. We had Tuohy, Holmes, Bowes & Clark instead. Albeit Tuohy played the GF, named at Half Back. I am ignoring other players that would have rotated through but given our performance it is suprising how little difference there is in the sides. Selwood is a massive loss though and Guthrie is not far behind.
I think the fewer differences in personnel explains the optimism from the club with our current list.

My question is, do you think we are just out of form, missing that top rung of player (your note on playing Atkins as the main man is very relevant) and/or the opposition midfields are now far better than those in 2022, when we comprehensively beat Sydney & Brisbane in the GF & PF and most other teams at the end of the season?

I think the "surge" that seems to be common in 2024 (look at how many big margins have been run down this year) is our achilles heel. We can't stop it and we don't seem to have that overdrive button ourselves.

Lads

My apologies for not making the game broadcast last week

I had general soreness as the body elasticity rebounding from no sleep got me and had to put work first but ill be back this week. I dont miss many but perhaps picked a good one to miss but ill be back even if we drop another stinker the Quiz will make it worth it.

WE are having a rough one this last 8 weeks.

With Tassie coming in and draft concessions headed their way are we better trying to trade picks out and get guns in now or keep the picks and use them given whatever picks we get in a few years will be severely comprimised in the future Tassie and Academy effected drafts.

Not asking really about whom we should be chasing ( cough LDU cough) but more your opinion on ehat you think will be the best approach.

GO CAtters

It sounds as though many of us very grateful and spoilt cat fans are at the point of wanting to give the kids a go, be patient with their development rather than watch senior players continue to struggle. Worth a straw poll on X to understand the consensus?!

Personally I am comfortable we shake things up and have accepted we aren't flag contenders. Not delirious like our coaching staff.

Last edited:
Sir Kingy and Lord Benny of the St Joey's of Corio ( I know you didnt go there Kingy but it sounded better)

Given thy regal place in the uppers of the GFC supporting and Broadcasting commons, what pull and rank does thee possess to get Shaun of the Mannagh, for King and Country on the Park of Kardinia A GOD DAMN GAME!!!!!

6 goals, as many tackles and 20 touches and not a look in!?
In your opinion what else can the bloke do?

And does MOC tag Newcombe this week. Teams are tagging Miers and Stewy... why cant we clamp their best mid?

I watch the VFL every week like the Cats Nuffie I am and Mannagh and Clohesy both turn up every week and excel at the level. Cant thee Broadcasting Royalty pull some Press Conference Strings and get them in?!

GO Catters

Last edited:
Sir Kingy and Lord Benny of the St Joey's of Corio ( I know you didnt go there Kingy but it sounded better)

Given thy regal place in the uppers of the GFC supporting and Broadcasting commons, what pull and rank does thee possess to get Shaun of the Mannagh, for King and Country on the Park of Kardinia A GOD DAMN GAME!!!!!

6 goals, as many tackles and 20 touches and not a look in!?
In your opinion what else can the bloke do?

And does MOC tag Newcombe this week. Teams are tagging Miers and Stewy... why cant we clamp their best mid?

I watch the VFL every week like the Cats Nuffie I am and Mannagh and Clohesy both turn up every week and excel at the level. Cant thee Broadcasting Royalty pull some Press Conference Strings and get them in?!

GO Catters
Is there any podcast this week? They haven't mentioned it yet on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any podcast this week? They haven't mentioned it yet on here
If there isn't I vote we make our own.

The agenda:

1. Is Shaun Mannagh a midfielder? Segment Co-Host Pure_Ownage

2. Is Shannon Neale the saviour? Segment Co-Host Warhorse

3. Will Bailey Smith turn our fortunes around? Segment Co-Host Hinkley29

4. The axe to grind segment: why we need Darren Burgess to come and replace our fitness staff yesterday, a CTTF rant

5. Reasons for optimism/pessimism: a projection of wins for season remaining by Vdubs and Mr Meow

6. Draft/trade corner with Pure_Ownage and Turbocat

The agenda:

4. The axe to grind segment: why we need Darren Burgess to come and replace our fitness staff yesterday, a CTTF rant

5. Reasons for optimism/pessimism: a projection of wins for season remaining by Vdubs and Mr Meow

CatToTheFuture i would love to give my views on Bailey. I am honoured that you think me worthy of the gig.

I will even do a live read promoting Wacker Neuson if necessary. I am sure Jason would be very pleased.

The agenda:

I see what you did there. Would be a very interesting podcast! Would volunteer.

The agenda:

What will I do 😧

The agenda:

I'm happy to do advertising between breaks including special crossovers to our new major sponsor

waynes world doritos GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back