Review Cats beat Lions by 10 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
catscollector pretty shocking prediction mid week of a “geelong thrashing” because “ Brisbane are the real deal”. You must have been impressed with our boys! Great effort without Stewart.

If we win next week and go 4-1 we will be a top four side and challenge again for a flag.

Incredible game tonight

He'll find some way to diminish the win...

Ch 7 pushing the lions were robbed angle. Floggo tom browne going to ask fagan about the hawkins free kick in the presser. What a bunch of f wits.
The focus on missed free kicks is predictable and an easy talking point. Really, it should have been a non-issue. Brisbane were extremely lucky to be within striking distance and only were due to our terrible finishing.

Well done cats. That was a really even team effort.

SDK showing what a few games on the trot can do for confidence.
Close absolutely tireless, hard and classy.
Parfitt as hard as I've seen, like the skipper.
Kolo stepping up in some big moments in the last.
Stanley gave everything he had and a few amazing second efforts.
Cameron played a more team-oriented game.
Stengle showed something.
Hawkins unstoppable as always.
Danger throwing himself on the ball.
Atkins a good first half on Cameron.
Smith seemed like he was everywhere.
Blicavs likewise. And makes us much better when he isn't used as a pure backman.
O'Connor made a great return in an uncompromising effort.

Are they doing this because of last year? Fake drama?
Bris robbed again!!!

The absolute state of media

Most level headed Brisbane fans would know they lost tonight because they were shit, which they were. Should that have been a free to Andrews? Yes, and now the media are going to blow this up making out it cost the lions, they’re robbed again in Geelong etc etc

Whole first half the lions were getting some absolute absurd frees awarded.

The talk is and will be Hawkins push on Andrews, but we’d still have won and should in fact have won by more.

A gutsy win considering the outs.
I’m already expecting the “cats hold on after a controversial late free kick to tom hawkins” commentary.

We should have buried them long before that.

Most level headed Brisbane fans would know they lost tonight because they were shit, which they were. Should that have been a free to Andrews? Yes, and now the media are going to blow this up making out it cost the lions, they’re robbed again in Geelong etc etc

What...no mention of the blatant push in the back on Close in the last??

I thought we bullied it. should've been 30-40 point win. They went in hard and deserved to win. That's the standard!
We were a 5-6 goal better team tonight. They turned half-chances into goals while we turned near-certain chances into rubbish too often.

I counted about 4 or 5 times the commentators said “that will be holding the ball”, after a brisbane player tried to leave the contest and was tackled, only for the umpire to call a ball up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Among everything else, I reckon SDK showed a lot tonight. Backed himself and took some nice grabs in defence, one of the things we loved about our last great fullback. Remembering this is a kid in game 4.
Weird game, felt like we should have been up by 5 goals but were in danger of losing. So many set shots missed.
My young bloke and I call Stewart the man who never makes a mistake, I reckon Close is his apprentice. Not a high possession player but always clean, right option and when he gets it good things happen.
Overall a good win against another very good team.

There will be no mention of Andrews pushing out the Geelong player late and taking a mark with no whistle.
Suprisingly Andrews didnt sook it up at that decision... the man isnt very consistent with his desire to improve umpiring 😋

First - congrats to Rich on 250 games, he's one of those players we'd all love to have in our team

But as Daz said, some wins aren't pretty and that was the case tonight

We knew earlier in the week that we'd be missing our captain, in a late change that surprised no one Ratugolea missed, but it was only late this afternoon we found out our general in defence would also be missing

Those forced changes saw mixed results for the players who not just took their spot in the 22 but also the switches that were made across the field

- Henry stepped up as the defensive general in waiting. He was given a difficult task tonight with being asked to play tall, but it's one he grabbed with both hands as he stepped up to the challenge

- Blicavs returned to a role we've long seen him play over recent years, that as ruck support to Stanley & playing further to the ground. While it hasn't been a poor start to the season for Blitz, he played his best match for the season with the freedom allowed when shifted out of defence

With his performance tonight, it yet again raises the question our ideal #2 or support ruck is anyway already in the 22 with Blicavs, and if instead our focus should be in finding a KPD

So not pretty, but we take the 4 points & turn our focus to Easter Monday
I didnt think it was that ugly either. Cats had the want and hunt. They certainly won the eye test. Dominant second half just couldn't get the connectivity happening in that third.

Very good tonight. Should have won by a lot more. That third quarter though when we had a forward line of Cameron + 5 smalls; we would almost have been better of grubbing the ball inside 50.

I'm liking how clean our hands are in close and we seem to be taking good options by hand too.

The defence needs to be applauded to - the new game plan make life a bit tougher for them, and I think they are starting to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back