Review Cats drop Bombers by 45 at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

So this is what a win feels like.

Must be the Doritos.

Me likey.

Granted, it was not the prettiest we've had but ill take it.

Kinda a game of 2 halves.

Henry, Miers, Atkins, SDK, Close, Rohan, Bowes all got better in the second half.

Stewy, Stengle PFD, Zuthrie good all game long. Dempsey and Holmes good too.

Humphries good in game one. Duncan had good moments too
Knevitt did well in his first for the year. Neale was ok but nothing great.

Kolo and 2E got better after the half.

Still many many things to fix but after the last 6 weeks it was nice to see some things come together.

No injuries it seems and being wet it was a scrappy game.

GO Catters

Very noticeable to my eye we played hard strong footy, V lined a contest, were aggressive and spread very well.

We as supporters have asked for change and we got it.

We had 3 young players come in and play well.
Not only did they start a seasoned player as sub, they made the decision to sub off one too “albeit maybe not by choice” but in the past Duncan would’ve stayed on and a player like Clark or Knevitt would’ve been subbed.
SDK was solid without staring and I’d say he broke even with the Dons rucks.

First time in a month I’ve been confident going into a game.

Very happy

I'm not prepared to say we are back, that remains to be seen over a few weeks worth of work, but that second half was far far better than we've played for 2 months.
Still got a few guys to come into the side, and a few holes to fill, but atleast that want to move the ball, helping each other and smart decision making in the second half was back.
Keep. It. Up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humphries and Knevitt for the rest of the season. See them grow.
Leave MOC and Mullin out. Mullin needs to develop in the 2s.

Rising star is a battle between two. Wardlaw and Dempsey.
Duncan and Tuohy still have some good games in them. Not every week. Would rest Duncan next week given he was subbed.

Happy we've experimented and tried SDK in the ruck. Keen to see how Conway goes tomorrow, does well and I'd bring him in for Hawthorn.

Should win 3 of our next 4 and get back on track.

That second half was special.

Tackles sticking again, the guys playing for each other again, and even the swagger was back.

I love this club!
Always makes a difference the tackling, have been so frustrated the last two months with the efforts. Tonight it seems to have clicked, let’s hope the boys have woken up now and get this season back on track. Crazy to think we are 5th.

Disclaimer - terrible opposition.

But a wins a win. Dare I say a CS Masterclass. Some green shoots -

Form, confidence and belief may have came back for quite a few PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS, let’s not forget that.

Humphries looks rolled gold, not that it came as a surprise to plenty of us. He and Dempsey with some more (pre) seasons will be a pleasure to watch.

Neale was ok, did more than Hawkins had been previously.

Knock over the Hawks and who knows, we may just go up a few levels which we need to.

Doomsayers keep the powder dry.

Lawson Humphries... 2 things people have remember about him
1 he was pick 63
2 He was playing WAFL 2s! Yes... seconds in the WAFL... not seniors.... Seconds... thats an amazing effort 👌

Thats not 100% correct

Iread what his senior Swan Districts coach said today

He played the final 6-7 games in the 1sts and played really well , quoted some game at the WACA against East Freo BOG

Then because their 2nds team qualified for the finals , he played the finals in the 2nds

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats drop Bombers by 45 at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back