Autopsy Cats lose to Blues by 8 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont need to win every game but it's a slow start.
Cmon guys we are better than this crap.
We are only as good as our last game.
Better than last week as far as a losing margin.
This game is predictable. Take key players x 4 out of any list and that team will struggle. The newbies are hardly in sync with our modus operandi, but are doing ok,.

You will learn a bit about posters who throw toys from the cot at this point. But to the game…

Similar to last week there were periods where we looked in control and moved the ball well. It was when there was a turnover that we looked completely flat footed and incapable of the “team defence” that delivered the 2022 flag.

Stanley has been “just going” in the ruck and then cops a knock leaving Blicavs to do it alone. gulp now we see Spudler next week I guess. We will be even weaker for it. Stanley at least drops back in the hole. Ceglar covers the ground like the fumes from a geriatric snail.

oops. Hit post too soon

Midfidfield clearly going poorly. I think we started slowly last year too so I’m not too worried but we will need more from senior players if the likes of Bruhn and Bowes are to be able to play effective support roles. While on the topic, Bruhn was largely invisible and Bowes prone to error. I think and hope both are capable of better.

Geelong defence has always been about team defence and not the six players named. Again I think we had similar issues early last year where the system wasn’t working and opposition forwards found themselves standing alone inside 50 all too frequently. Personnel back will help some but clearly the system isn’t tuned (yet?) either.

If we can scrap a way to 3-2 and then even 3-3 or 4-2 we will be in OK position. No need to panic yet.
Sanity. You don't belong here.

Bit harsh on Stanley IMO. Two weeks in a row he's had an opposition ruckman drive a knee into his ribs at a centre bounce - Cox last week, TDK this week.
Wasn’t intending to be harsh on him. I’m on the fan side of the ledger with Rhys.

If we can scrap a way to 3-2 and then even 3-3 or 4-2 we will be in OK position. No need to panic yet.
So true. And really the most important observation from tonight's disappointment, really.

If we drop next week's game, though, there's every reason to fear for our season prospects, I figure. Top four would start to look a very long shot from there.

It’s only March! We should be content shouldn’t we? Haha oh dear who ever said that? Imagine Roy Keane and Sor Alex Ferguson walking into Man United and being content before the season started? Dear oh dear…
I don't think there were, or are, such things as equalisation policies in the Premier League.

Carlton has been building for a long time. They finally got a scalp, and we were it.

None of our players are content but we're down on manpower and several out there are carrying injuries. Not to mention we lost our captain courageous over summer.

We are only as good as our last game.
Better than last week as far as a losing margin.
This game is predictable. Take key players x 4 out of any list and that team will struggle. The newbies are hardly in sync with our modus operandi, but are doing ok,.
We are premiers mate and killed the recruiting so i cant see any excuses.

A few players look like the off the speed but we will see if that is only under prep or past it in the fullness of time. 2e really struggled but he was not alone

Bowes did enough but needs some practice kicking goals. The comp is very close, not a lot in it ...and being of 15 % is enough to get beaten by a lot of sides.

So Suns, Hawks , Eagles ... ... we soon will find out if we are really off the pace of just a bit

Tuohy also seemed to spend a good bit of time on the bench during the first quarter - not sure the reason why

Look disinterested and blokes like Hawkins clearly not 100%. Scott seems to have reinstated the zoning off method which didn't work once from 2012-2020.
Credit to Z Gutherie, turned himself into a really good player. Not panic stations yet but next week they would want to switch on
X2

I’m surprised people are pointing fingers at Bowes and Esava two players who had a go throughout the game. They made mistakes but others were in no position to because they were nowhere near the ball until the last quarter.
I’m concerned about our leaders like Danger, Guthrie, Blicavs, Atkins lots of poor efforts across the first 3 quarters from them.

Whilst it’s not panic mode just yet, there are a few worrying signs. I actually think our defence are performing very admirable considering the personnel missing and the relative lack of pressure being applied by our midfield. The 2 main issues in my opinion from these first two matches are the inability of our forwards to lock it in our F50 and how easily teams are transitioning from their D50 to F50.

Yeah, this won't be popular, but how did Dangerfield make 22 disposals in that game? I barely saw him the entire game.
Really? He was the only Cat that looked like getting clearances IMO. Perhaps means he was too inside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are premiers mate and killed the recruiting so i cant see any excuses.
That was 6 months ago.
Killed it?
OH has played 2 decent games.
Bowes 1
Clark not yet.
But our missing quartet is irreplaceable.

The negativity that some people have towards Sav genuinely makes me wonder if non-footballing related factors are affecting their perceptions of him. Doing pretty bloody well after a grand total of 2 AFL games in defence with minimal support from established KPDs other than SDK. Will only improve.

King & Dunstall questioning our hunger and motivation. Multiple premiership players… thoughts?
Looking at those two there's no doubting their hunger.

AFL+Rd+1+North+Melbourne+v+Adelaide+nrBENpvzor0x.jpg

King & Dunstall questioning our hunger and motivation. Multiple premiership players… thoughts?
Couldn’t give a rats tossbag what they say, especially king. Thought we tried quite hard tonight- just playing poorly. New season, things are different and plenty to work on.

Bad way to start the year. We looked like the cats of 2014-2021:
  • Bombing the ball into our F50, only to get intercepted or brought away by the Blues’ runners
  • Lots of simple turnovers
  • Our tackles not sticking
  • Etc

Tuohy also seemed to spend a good bit of time on the bench during the first quarter - not sure the reason why
Old?
Sore?
No doubt the age factor will be reality in these early weeks after the joy and effort of 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back