Autopsy Cats lose to Pies by 22 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the whole inteference thing that the umps were yelling out? I thought that was the point of defender on forward, to interfere. 🤣
I’m still confused to how a trip was paid against Sav in the last 1/4
If that’s a free then I’d just jump over packs every contest

We stopped defending the corridor at 3 quarter time. Lost all defensive running.

Hardest part of this will be for leadership. They need to turn back to the playing group and say the performance was not acceptable.

There's plenty of excuses we can make but we need to take them away from the conversation

Not fazed by that.

A few guys out. And we were potent as ****. Lots of sides won’t get near us.

Missed Duncan badly imo. Stewart as well when he went off.

Bowes, Duncan, Kolo in.
Stewart, Bruhn, SDK out.

Bruhn to replace Parfitt as sub.

I said this a few games ago... Close in a poor team will be below average. I'll have to admit, a decent player, but a clear downhill skier imho. Someone on here once said he'd rather have Close than Stengle. I nearly fell off my chair. Was CharacterFirst...
Last years against the swans he kicked 4 and was our best by a mile
Think your being a tad over the top

We're not going to win too many games with Sav down back. Directly responsible for a swag of Pies goals with clumsy mistakes.
Unfortunately he is not in possession of even basic footy acumen and his presence creates a nervous and static backline.
He saved as many goals as he gave up. Broke even.
He didn’t look too bad down there

I think we will be better with Bowes, Stewart and Duncan all in... It will gives us a fair bit of run.

Not sure why they put Bruhn out to the wings, when I don't think he has superior pace, but might be better as an inside mid tbh.

I thought Atkins was our best tbh.

Dangerfield a bit rusty and looking a bit slower than usual.

DeGoey will be Dustin Martin like this year, he will do a lot of damage tbh.

Sorry, just to confirm, you're attempting to suggest that a night in which Geelong lost the best defender in the comp to injury early in the game, and had multiple other top 5 players hobbled by injury throughout did not constitute a calamitous series of events for Geelong that made it significantly easier for Collingwood to win?

Literally what.
I'm purely noting that kicking 16.1 is not everything going wrong...stop getting offended by a basic comment

We're not going to win too many games with Sav down back. Directly responsible for a swag of Pies goals with clumsy mistakes.
Unfortunately he is not in possession of even basic footy acumen and his presence creates a nervous and static backline.
He saved us from getting absolutely smashed imo.

Not fazed by that.

A few guys out. And we were potent as *. Lots of sides won’t get near us.

Missed Duncan badly imo. Stewart as well when he went off.

Bowes, Duncan, Kolo in.
Stewart, Bruhn, SDK out.

Bruhn to replace Parfitt as sub.
Parfitt was terrible 5 handballs in 3 quarters of footy.
I felt like Bruhn got a lot less mid minutes than in pre season.

Well that was disappointing

Good game for three quarters, we just ran out of steam and couldn’t keep up with Collingwood in the last. Lack of leadership too I felt that let the game get away from us when it was still up for grabs. Oh well can’t win them all move on to Carlton..

Essentially lost our 3 most important structural players to injuries, sure SDK and Hawkins ran out the game but you're kidding yourself if you think they weren't severely hampered.
Injuries, came into the game with some keys missing and against a team with a mission to win (like it changes the Finals....) and we did ok.
Clearance work was terrible all night, let their midfielders get first use time after time without any desire to change it up.
Ollie was good, aside from a boneheaded goal line brain fade, Sav was good outside a few questionable decisions early and I thought Bruhn cracked in constantly throughout the night.
We looked clinical at times with the ball, but lacked the run and injuries compounded it.
I'm not concerned that's for sure.
Agree with all that. Stengle hurt his ankle and could hardly run. Parfitt tries hard but he is terrible under pressure, fumbled, dropped marks. He was a better player when he was younger. Collingwood were very good. Nick Daicos is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a 2 minute brain fade in the 1st and gave away a silly midfield free in the 2nd. Besides that he brought the ball to ground over a dozen times (yes he could've clunked more than his 4 marks but at least 6 or 7 others had the same result as a spoil) and his opposition didn't exactly light the game up with marks/goals. It was their small forwards getting free and taking easy marks. With a smashed midfield Sav's was a fine foundation to work with. The 3 mistakes mean most will dismiss his efforts and while you can't afford to serve those up regularly, it's not uncommon for defenders to have blemishes when the ball is coming in waves like that.

How about the efforts of seasoned midfielders tonight?

I'm purely noting that kicking 16.1 is not everything going wrong...stop getting offended by a basic comment
I don’t know about anyone else but when my team has a good win I like to go to the opposition board and split hairs like a ****wit.

That... didn't happen. One bad one where he should have punched, otherwise added an aerial dimension we otherwise lack in defence.

He had a stinker tonight, but is a gun. He will bounce back.

We conceded 62 I50 tonight, left largely to his own devices. Only peak Taylor could have stopped that.

GWS proved that you can’t put Bruhn on wing nor half forward. He is purely an inside player - and did well when in there.

And Parf is the same…no IMO they can only have one in the 23 (given Atkins, Danger, Guthrie, Blitz and Holmes all share minutes now in that role. And Bowes can too). I would give Bruhn a good run at it but keep him either in the mid or on the bench..

That... didn't happen. One bad one where he should have punched, otherwise added an aerial dimension we otherwise lack in defence.
It was 3 and yes I was counting.

Parfitt is one of the most frustrating players on our list imo. Off the top of my head I can genuinely only think of one awesome game* he's had, and that was round 1 against Essendon last year. He just seems such a bog average player to me.

*No doubt I'm forgetting a few but my point still stands.

I know I'm being very harsh. I just know what type of player he is. If we have no quick ball movement from defence, and mids are getting beaten, he's the first one that will go missing. He's not a bad player, just will go missing when we get beaten. I think that Swans game will be anomaly when we look back on his career in losing games tbh.

You had a great win, not sure why you would bother posting in here…. Enjoy the win! See how the rematch goes. Don’t be like those Richmond fans. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back