Autopsy Cats lose to Saints by enough to end our 23 Finals hopes

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a tough watch this year and that’s just put a full stop on it.

Congratulations to miers on his goal assist record. That’s a massive achievement and he deserves an AA spot.

Have always admired Atkins endeavour. He’s proof that will and guts can get you far. The kind of guy you love playing footy with and know he’s always gonna dig in.

From Premiers to missing finals...
I'm not that upset honestly, probably due to the Flag.. but right now there's a huge issue at the club and I'm not entirely sure what it is, or if the club knows either.
It’s literally the same issues we had before last year.

A team that try’s when they feel like it, and right now it’s all to hard and they can’t be bothered.

Mind you we have also reverted to our old shiteful slow tedious game style.

Felt weird about this game the closer it got - just not super excited. Think the players felt the same way.

Would prefer this happen in the H&A than Week 1 finals, so let's give the likes of Tuohy, Smith etc. a nice send-off next week and enjoy an extended off-season for the first time in 8 years.

P.S. Based on the ladder predictor, beating the Dogs next week leaves us 10th, losing means 12th. I know they'll do their best (not that it matters much based on tonight) but a hard-fought loss would be a silver lining.

Footy requires a lot of luck - and we have had precious little this year.

Unlucky injuries, the Footy Gods etc etc

Not too unhappy all things considered. First full pre-season in a while, top ten draft pick for the first time in forever etc

Would be piss funny if the Saints still missed from here.

I get that, but no matter the odds, they don't stop you from giving it your goddamn all......if you want to.

Not the size of the dog etc.......

To have so many players coasting annoys the living ****** outta me. That is entirely within our control.

One drink at the bar is enough for some it seems.

Not too unhappy all things considered. First full pre-season in a while, top ten draft pick for the first time in forever etc

Can they miss? I've done the ladder predictor a hundred times tonight and they've been in every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a lot of excitement for 2023 after our trade period and winning last years flag, but this season has been a pretty big pile of shit with some hundreds of thousands sprinkled on top which were our wins.

Not fit enough, not hungry enough, not good enough. Time to build towards the next flag and that starts next year, play the kids, move on some older blokes, and have a good trade period.

Geelong will be back, we always are.

Tyson didn’t look too upset after the game

2E had a “its over” look

Expect a few retirement announcements early next week zach's will be one of them.

Typically we will probably win the dead rubber.

Welcome to the worst standard top 8 teams in 50 years-at least i wont have to watch any football until next year which will make my wife happy.

Felt weird about this game the closer it got - just not super excited. Think the players felt the same way.

Would prefer this happen in the H&A than Week 1 finals, so let's give the likes of Tuohy, Smith etc. a nice send-off next week and enjoy an extended off-season for the first time in 8 years.

P.S. Based on the ladder predictor, beating the Dogs next week leaves us 10th, losing means 12th. I know they'll do their best (not that it matters much based on tonight) but a hard-fought loss would be a silver lining.
Hard fought lose with at least 2 debutants and a couple of other youngers in for full games - sub has to be an older player and person subbed off even older!

And so ends the defense of our 2022 Premiership; the 2023 campaign falling well short of the hopes and expectations of we greedy supporters.

That 1st game of the season against Collingwood ended up being a portent of what was to come; the final scoreboard didn't look too damning but it was a frustrating game where we were forced to play catch-up all night due to key injuries at key moments.
A general lack of cohesion, harmony and direction prevailed, with a half-fit Tom Hawkins further exemplifying the team's travails.

That's how it would be for most of the year - apart from a retrospectively inexplicable - and exhilarating - 5-week patch in April and the start of May.

More often we were unsettled, with an increasingly stretched midfield and erratic backline.

Tonight's loss was appropriately sobering.
Years ago Neil Balme made the astute observation that a team can only ever have too many or too few Rucks on their list; tonight was one of those rare nights when a good experienced ruckman was able to set the tone for his team's success. Neale didn't disgrace himself, but he was out of his depth.

The gap between Patrick Dangerfield's best and worst games gets wider as the miles pile up; he was often the architect of our best form in 2023, but his engine overheats quickly.

We still have one week to go in the 2023 season, but surely there are individuals at the club who are already weighing up their future.

Miers setting world record on goal assists will get best? Although the voters love Stewart

But Atkins will be up there

Atkins will be top 5 but miers should win the carji by a very long way.

I still reckon our best is good enough 🧐
Ha! yes, he likes to say that, i wonder if someone high up at the club will ask Chris the following question, you won a flag less than 12 months ago, what the hell happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Saints by enough to end our 23 Finals hopes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back