Autopsy Cats lose to Saints by enough to end our 23 Finals hopes

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ll watch the finials though, no doubt?

Nah im only watching the storm from here on out...none of the afl finals teams are ones that i find exciting to watch

Ill be back for the draft period though.

Conway is much better than neale (who is a fwd) but theres no way hes ready for next year off about 3 vfl games. Which is why we MUST recruit a mature ruck now even if its a stop gap.
I agree, now that we can shed ceglar from the list.

I have no idea who it should be though. #notnaismith

I agree, now that we can shed ceglar from the list.

I have no idea who it should be though. #notnaismith

Flynn would be the obvious one since hes now behind briggs and can be had for salary only. But theres a few other cheap options out there.

That will give menegola his farewell game which is deserved.
Pity Duncan misses his?
I suppose he has another year, but he symbolises Geelong this year.
Have always thought Rohan and Stanley are our barometers, but Duncan this year = us.

Pity Duncan misses his?
I suppose he has another year, but he symbolises Geelong this year.
Have always thought Rohan and Stanley are our barometers, but Duncan this year = us.

Duncans contracted so i reckon his farewell is in 12 months. I do agree though.

Menegola deserves a farewell game he has been very unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt say we would have been good i just said we would have made it as we beat the dogs imo.
That said honestly i think if 8th ever wins it this is the year. The standard of teams is crap so the margins are small.
IF we beat the Dogs. Yet to be seen, despite us "owning" them. JC about to have shoulder surgery.

Yeah teams never go back to back because of shorter pre seasons…. Time to own it cats!
In fairness, we were nowhere near back to back this year, given our age profile.

Should have done it in 08, but everything went wrong.

And then you have sides like Adelaide who shit it in two years running

I have only seen Neale play two matches; last year against Port at Adelaide Oval (I was there love) after Stanley was subbed off at half time, and last night's match on TV.

I missed last week's game where Neale apparently played reasonably okay? Look, Neale wasn't solely responsible for our loss, obviously, however in my mind, it's got to be two of the worst performances I've seen from any player.

I don't know much about the kid, what he was recruited to be, as I don't have time to follow the footy as intricately as I used to.

In saying that, last night, he was a massive liability playing ruck. He made Mark Blake's field play look silky. And, unlike Neale, Blake was actually an excellent tap ruckman.

Neale needs a lot more time in the twos to develop. For mine, he hasn't shown a modicum of football smarts. He seemed to be a dear in headlights.

I hope Toby Conway is right to go next year, because we're so far behind the 8 ball in the ruck department it's not funny.
Neale is a much better key forward than a ruckman. With a bit more development he could well be the replacement for Hawkins.

He was only playing ruck because we literally had no-one else.

For those wondering:

Mitch Duncan will miss the final game of the 2023 AFL season after being charged by the MRO and given a one-match suspension.

Duncan has been cited for Rough Conduct after a first quarter incident with St.Kilda's Jack Higgins that has been graded careless, medium impact and high contact.

Oliver Henry has been offered a $3000 fine after a second quarter clash with Liam Stocker. The Rough Conduct charge was rated careless, low impact, and high contact.

Tom Atkins has been fined for kicking Saint Jamie Webster in the third term of Saturday night's game. The contact was rated careless, medium impact, and body contact.

Excuse the intrusion . Tell me to nick off if need too .

You guys had a pretty poor pre season . Guys with late starts after surgery , some not in the best condition and recruits not up to standard AFL wise coming in from other clubs.
So playing catchup all year . Last week took a lot out of the tank .
Youve also had a fair crew playing injured/sore in the last month....was fairly easy to tell who imo
Was like our 2009 season . Start on backfoot but never really get going .

There is a little bit going on behind the scenes .
You guys are pro's though so it'll get sorted .

Sounds like you'll be busy again in trade.

Anyway might shed a little light on things or maybe not at all.
Hopefully we can give you guys a better game next Easter 🙂

I have only seen Neale play two matches; last year against Port at Adelaide Oval (I was there love) after Stanley was subbed off at half time, and last night's match on TV.

I missed last week's game where Neale apparently played reasonably okay? Look, Neale wasn't solely responsible for our loss, obviously, however in my mind, it's got to be two of the worst performances I've seen from any player.

I don't know much about the kid, what he was recruited to be, as I don't have time to follow the footy as intricately as I used to.

In saying that, last night, he was a massive liability playing ruck. He made Mark Blake's field play look silky. And, unlike Neale, Blake was actually an excellent tap ruckman.

Neale needs a lot more time in the twos to develop. For mine, he hasn't shown a modicum of football smarts. He seemed to be a dear in headlights.

I hope Toby Conway is right to go next year, because we're so far behind the 8 ball in the ruck department it's not funny.
He’s not even playing ruck in the VFL. Bit harsh

For those wondering:

Mitch Duncan will miss the final game of the 2023 AFL season after being charged by the MRO and given a one-match suspension.

Duncan has been cited for Rough Conduct after a first quarter incident with St.Kilda's Jack Higgins that has been graded careless, medium impact and high contact.

Oliver Henry has been offered a $3000 fine after a second quarter clash with Liam Stocker. The Rough Conduct charge was rated careless, low impact, and high contact.

Tom Atkins has been fined for kicking Saint Jamie Webster in the third term of Saturday night's game. The contact was rated careless, medium impact, and body contact.
So we have 3 outs now (I can’t see them challenging any of them)…. Sav, Close and Duncan.

To me that means 3 ins will be Conway, Dempsey and Knevitt - pretty like for like …. And they will want to fit in Oisin (for 2E? Last game)…so will need at least one more out…

I can’t work out whether they play Guth - he has worked hard to get back but why risk a setback for preseason for zero team upside…a

Any other guesses of potential ins (I would love to see Ted for debut… will they give Menegola a game?)… and more importantly who do they take out (as some will want to stay for 2E/Smith?)

The point is that if they'd lost the game to Adelaide (as they should've) then we could've.

If that and next weeks results hadve went our way it would've been, I dont know, a little bit special. To have stumbled into the finals, I don't think we've done that before in my 40 odd years of supporting. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm specifically talking about being outside the finals prior to the last round, then inside after the last round. Years that come to mind...

1987. Had to defeat Hawthorn and/or rely on Bulldogs beating Melbourne... We didn't. They didn't.
1993. Had to beat WestCoast then rely on Collingwood beating Adelaide... We did. They didn't.
2002. Had to beat Hawthorn or rely on (I think North to win?)... Again we didn't. They didn't.

You guys had a pretty poor pre season . Guys with late starts after surgery , some not in the best condition and recruits not up to standard AFL wise coming in from other clubs.
Youve also had a fair crew playing injured/sore in the last month....was fairly easy to tell who imo

Fingers crossed it's exactly like your 2009 season... and for the next 6 seasons too!

'a little bit going on behind the scenes'....

Care to elaborate?

I’d give Clohesy, Conway debuts and Knevitt a game.
I would give Menegola his farewell game if that’s really happening.

Out Duncan, Close, Sav, Danger

I’d also pull the pin on Dangerfield’s season, something seriously wrong with this man’s body that obviously will require surgery
Cam Guthrie a half game in the vfl again and again rest up for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Saints by enough to end our 23 Finals hopes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back