Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure these highlights were put together for the benefit of just one man...

dazbroncos - I know it's not the full clip of the first three minutes, but Neale had full impact early

Anyone else think Ollie Henry showed some good aggression and want to pressure?
His first few minutes were a bit of a roller-coaster. 2 manic attacks on the ball for two turnovers. Then a few more composed involvements, then his mark and goal.

He has skill and will not die wondering

I loved Max Holmes game tonight.

The fact that he is signed up for the next 4 years is one of the great Geelong success stories for 2024 imo.

Collingwood were a rumored suitor and so it was sweet to see Max play so solidly tonight.

He may have played flashier games, where he bit off a bit more in terms of his elite running.

But I loved his ball use tonight, he was neat and clean in a way that spoke of his maturation as a footballer.

Last quarter when we needed to up the intensity he did just that without being particularly dominant.

Very good game.
Max is a 🔫 gun.
Really like him.

CS has given Bowes a shout out in his last two post-match pressers. He’s a big fan.

Bowes caught my eye when he was a Suns prospect, I liked some of what I saw from him and was surprised he couldn't quite nail down a spot up there.

I had some idea of what we were in for when he came on board, and yet I have very much sat on the fence with what he has actually produced in the hoops to date.

Putting together a nice block of midfield form now, though.

Taken 18 rounds to find something I wanted but the 48 hour cats win sale has delivered a $97 polo for $45. 30% off and then the $20 members voucher redeemed.

Patience finally pays off.

Last edited:
Was the frustrating to watch at times since you could see the gameplan we were going for to limit them, but we gifted them about half of their goals just by turning it over for no reason or dropping simple marks. We were a lot tidier in that last quarter though and did a brilliant job preventing them from coming back into the game.

I am still unsure what to think of the De Koning ruck situation. On one hand he is getting consistently involved and has averaged 20 disposals the last 4 weeks. On the other hand, he is still getting badly beaten in the ruck every week and still dropping a lot of marks which he would have easily held in 2022.
We always looked far better with SDK in the ruck in my opinion, he just can't do it all game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current team is almost our best mix. Just need Parf in and it will be perfect
Go Fish GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Tough one because when we brought him back in he was playing mostly off half back

Assuming we dont change the ruck setup (i would but i think they wont although scott saying in the presser they will use stanley again is interesting) any changes will be
Bruhn for clark
If guthrie comes back it has to be as a defender for tuohy
Otherwise thats the best 23 with clark knevitt just outside.
The really tough call is the sub. Id say it needs to be rohan maybe as i dont think you can squeeze him and henry both in.
If we go back to stanley (and put sdk back) or hawkins makes it back they may tip neale out. But i dont think hawk gets back in time and im not 100 % sure guthrie does either.
The ruck setup definitely has flow on effects either way.

What a win! We can play so much better as well. The way we shut the game down in the last ten minutes was brilliant. A brilliant effort by the coaching staff to reinvent on the run. Go you Catters!

Had to laugh at the Collingwood fans knashing what's left of their teeth five minutes out. We slowed up so much, rigor mortis nearly set in, in the face of no chance they they were feral. It was brilliant, considering they are known for their last minute run ons, and even better, every kick was risk free.

Most uncontested marks ever by Geelong. Chris Scott keeps finding ways to run a coaching clinic.

Just to make sure you all remember!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240712_233000_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20240712_233000_Chrome.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 101

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back