Unofficial Preview Changes and In the Mix V Collingwood Rd 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm liking how quickly our backline has transitioned and become a strength of ours given the departures of Lonergan and Mackie and the injuries to Taylor and Henderson ... and with the added bonus that's it's still quite young and still learning each others strengths and weaknesses.

And I'm liking how quickly our backline has transitioned and become a strength of ours given the departures of Lonergan and Mackie and the injuries to Taylor and Henderson ... and with the added bonus that's it's still quite young and still learning each others strengths and weaknesses.

In some ways, we wanted this transition to start last year, but were respectful enough to let Lonergan and Mackie call it on their own timeline. Plus we had to move Taylor forward due to our injuries.

That Sydney final confirmed how Lonergan really wasn’t needed in the team anymore.

The good thing is that it has all sort of fallen our way, they retired, we’d trained up some hungry young players who have slotted in perfectly and created a dynamic unpredictable backline. And because they are so inexperienced, our midfielders and forwards are working harder to protect them by pressuring the ball more up field.

its a very white flag view that you have there. Not interested in the concept of persist until you succeed?

Players do improve over time when given opportunity.

There’s every chance that Murdoch and Menegola will improve and perform well if we make the finals. With our depth this year, if they are in the finals team (if we make the finals) then they must have played pretty consistently over the course of the year.
Yeah probably shouldn't post when I'm wasted. Or text.

He won’t be available. They will let that hot spot settle before he comes back. Don’t want it turning into a stress fracture.
Dont rush Parfitt. He’s a gun and can’t let him to become another Cocky. Have to look after these kids during their early years. Parfitt, Henry, Gregson, Fog and Cocky (if he can come back healthy) are all 150 game players

Will Linc be available for VFL the week after? He would be a real bonus to the team if he can pick up where he left in 2016.

i would not be playin GHS on the MCG. He is a liability on wide grounds and the evidence proves this. He needs more then 1 solid game to justify trying the experiment of him on the mcg again. Plus we cant play both him and scott selwood in the midfield at the same time. he didnt exactly start the sydney game all that well either.
Fair call, but ghs can play forward and knows how to find the goals - he will be in the mix I reckon.

He put his body on the line a fair bit, had some neat inside 50s that were converted to scores, hit the forwards when they led at him, ran up and down the wings all day. Overall, he’s really gelling with Fogarty and they are both pressuring really well.
I would keep him in just for making Patton look soft as butter ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won’t be available. They will let that hot spot settle before he comes back. Don’t want it turning into a stress fracture.

Agree.

You would assume Menzel comes back in probably for Crameri (I though he was good but our forward line might be too tall with them both and Ablett and Taylor (if they don't bring him through the VFL) for two of Zuthrie Murdoch and Henry (i think the last one will stay). Smith for Stanley if fit maybe but no other likely changes. I wouldn't play GHS and Scott Selwood in the same side on the bigger ground. House should get a game on form but it will probably mean too many talls in the team if they do that.

For those that missed it I'll put down some positional stuff he discussed (from memory)

Have you now found Blicavs position. Umm he would like to think that. The big positive is that he wants to be in defence. He loves it. (I felt that Scott was hinting that a lot of people don't like going back and therefor don't buy in)

Henry has surprised them massively. Said he's effectively become a key back from nowhere.

They didn't expect Fogarty (sp?) to adapt to the bigger afl bodies so easily. He's not showing any signs of fatigue.

When they recruited Kelly they new he'd be ready. But he's gone way past what they expected already.

And then there was the Blicavs / kolo thing.
I think that's about it.

So I'd say Henry and Fogarty won't be going anywhere.

The only certainty I've got is that Zuthrie must go. I really like him and I think he'll be much better than his brother in time, but his form and confidence is shot - needs to go down for a bit to regain his composure.

I'm of the opinion that's If it's not broken leave it alone.

I'm not sure what they should do when Taylor returns but I certainly wouldn't be taking Kolodjashnij away from a key defensive post and Henry is starting to hit his straps as an intercept defender too. I also think Blicavs best position is down back.

It's a conundrum.

Maybe something like this;

B: Bews Koldjashnij Stewart
HB: Henry Taylor Tuohy

It leaves Blicavs to start on the bench and play the 2nd ruck role. But I'd be loathe to do that too.
CS wants to use Kolo as a mid, which he would be now if we didn't have injuries. That will work, Blic at FB.
A big bodied combatant for the likes of JK, Bont, etc.

The only certainty I've got is that Zuthrie must go. I really like him and I think he'll be much better than his brother in time, but his form and confidence is shot - needs to go down for a bit to regain his composure.
Yeah I was watching Zac off the ball and he's completely reactionary.
He's like a deer in the headlights.
And when he does get it he gives off a 2m crap handball to someone under pressure.

I've seen good signs from him previously but right now I don't know what he's even bringing.
Is ruggles dead or something? I know he turns it over, but at least he can defend.

Yeah I was watching Zac off the ball and he's completely reactionary.
He's like a deer in the headlights.
And when he does get it he gives off a 2m crap handball to someone under pressure.

I've seen good signs from him previously but right now I don't know what he's even bringing.
Is ruggles dead or something? I know he turns it over, but at least he can defend.
Ruggles was delisted.

Hmm. Thought he'd been quiet. Lol

Who else do we have?
That aren't on the injury list? Not much.

You could always go watch Leopold in the GFL for your Ruggles fix. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back