Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
stats without analysis are a waste of time

highest pressure game we played was against Sydney
Menegola 22 pos @45% DE

follows the trend of Menegola not playing well in big games

disposal very questionable under intense pressure
He took a shot at goal last night when we had players 20 out in front of goal and I was like Are you serious campaigner? Gaz Snr would have no chance of that.
Was actually really impressive that he even snuck it in for a point.

McEvoy is rated the 19th best player in the AFL. His AFL standing is 19.
Menegola's AFL standing is 42. So he is rated the 42nd best player in the AFL.
These are objective ratings.
What part should I try again?
All of them given none of them are correct. Start by checking what the 19 and 42 mean.

The season rankings are here:

no thanks

If Taylor comes in Henry has to go out. Henry isnt that tall but he kicks like one.

Don't need Blicavs to tag he is a tall defender and that is it. Scooter, GHS and Menegola should all be able to tag. Don't want Blicavs poor disposal and decision making in the midfield.
Bless your cotton socks.

All of them given none of them are correct. Start by checking what the 19 and 42 mean.

The season rankings are here:

Fair assumption considering the numbers are under AFL standing.
Now those 28 players have played better than Sidebottom this year?
Objective ratings I guess.
I've seen every game Robbie Gray has played this year and he is the 5th best player in the league?
Must be true.

Fair assumption considering the numbers are under AFL standing.
Now those 28 players have played better than Sidebottom this year?
Objective ratings I guess.
I've seen every game Robbie Gray has played this year and he is the 5th best player in the league?
Must be true.
Under this ratings system, correct.

based on stats
Indeed. A huge number of stats across categories we can access and some we can’t and plugged into a formula which is intended to represent the value of contribution of a player.

But let’s instead cherry pick a number here or there or put forward a feelpinion and claim it’s superior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crameri would be pretty unlucky to get dropped. Struggled in the first half but started to play well in the second half. Just feel that if he was given a few weeks at afl level he would really build his confidence and play really well.
It will certainly be hard to fit Menzel, Crameri and Hawkins in the same team because of what they don’t do. Menzel when we are playing well is a star and kicks multiple goals. In games we're struggling his limitations are really obvious as he can’t move anywhere else on the ground other than deep forward.
It’s a better problem to have too many good players for a position than trying to find anyone who can play a position.

Indeed. A huge number of stats across categories we can access and some we can’t and plugged into a formula which is intended to represent the value of contribution of a player.

But let’s instead cherry pick a number here or there or put forward a feelpinion and claim it’s superior.

would prefer stats + my observations over ratings based on stats

not even close really

stats are always going to be very limited no matter how much data you use

would prefer stats + my observations over ratings based on stats

not even close really

stats are always going to be very limited no matter how much data you use
Classic Bigfooty.
The stats don’t support my view so it’s the vibe man, it’s mabo

In Ablett Constable
Out Zuthrie Fogarty

Stanley, Murdoch, Crameri, Gregson in the gun
Harry, Menzel, McCarthy, Smith back soon

Crameri would be pretty unlucky to get dropped. Struggled in the first half but started to play well in the second half. Just feel that if he was given a few weeks at afl level he would really build his confidence and play really well.
It will certainly be hard to fit Menzel, Crameri and Hawkins in the same team because of what they don’t do. Menzel when we are playing well is a star and kicks multiple goals. In games we're struggling his limitations are really obvious as he can’t move anywhere else on the ground other than deep forward.
It’s a better problem to have too many good players for a position than trying to find anyone who can play a position.

Menzel looked pretty bad when Channel 7 were chasing him around during the week. Crameri might get another game or two yet.

He took a shot at goal last night when we had players 20 out in front of goal and I was like Are you serious campaigner? Gaz Snr would have no chance of that.
Was actually really impressive that he even snuck it in for a point.
Just saw that passage on replay. Lol ok.
They weren’t open. They had plenty of Giants around them.

Just saw that passage on replay. Lol ok.
They weren’t open. They had plenty of Giants around them.
Didn't say they were open.
You wouldn't have centred that? It's not like we were hopelessly out numbered.
Just pop it up. Chances of a goal increase 10 fold.
I'm not even joking. I never even saw GazSnr get one on the left from right there.

why monday?
pick any ****ing day you want. I really dont give a shit.

But take your complaints somewhere else. If you dont like the thread being open so soon, Dont read it. Dont post in it.

Come back any day you want but stop being such a prissy sook about it.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Didn't say they were open.
You wouldn't have centred that? It's not like we were hopelessly out numbered.
Just pop it up. Chances of a goal increase 10 fold.
I'm not even joking. I never even saw GazSnr get one on the left from right there.
No I’d have gone for goal too just not in a dinky way like he did.
50m underittle pressure and no one open. Goal time.

The mistake he made was not carrying the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back