Prediction Changes and pre match discussion vs Brisbane Lions R23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wisconsin Badgers Women's Volleyball
Outs: Vardy (utterly useless), Kelly (injury), Foley (unlucky), Petch, one of Cole or Nelson, Sheed (unpopular opinion but need to make a statement for 2022 that you're spot is not safe when you play badly for a run of games).
Ins: Jones, Rioli, West, H.Edwards, Duggan (if ready), Brander or Hutch.

These ins and outs are my opinion only (I wish the club could see this).

My proposed 22 against Brisbane Lions.

B: Sheppard, Barrass, H.Edwards
HB: Witherden, Gov, Duggan but Nelson if Duggan's still injured.
C: L.Edwards, Shuey, Gaff
HF: Cripps, Darling, Rioli
F: Allen, Kennedy, Ryan.
R: Nic Nat, Yeo, Redden
I/C: Jones, West, Hutch, Cole

50/50 between Hutch and Brander, Cole and Nelson.

Vardy is soo useless he needs to go, pretty much does nothing and is taking a spot of a player who can do something useful and is not contributing much in the ruck. Jones should be fit enough to take Vardy's place and provide much needed pressure in our forward line and he's one of the few players in the team to actually stick his tackles.

Kelly is injured but West should come in ahead of Hutch as West although lacks skills and class, he makes up for in work rate and contested bull which our midfield needs the balance. Hutch can tag either Neale or Zorko and he MUST ALWAYS TAG for him to be useful, it's what made him very important in 2018 nullifying the oppo's best mids.

H.Edwards must come in for me at the expense of Foley who wasn't bad but it's so Gov and Barrass can play more freely (it's what made Schoey soo important) and either Gov or H.Edwards can chop out in the ruck so no more Allen in the ruck.

Duggan even though he's been out with a knee injury for a while, he has to come in for either Nelson or Cole to provide that much needed drive down back and to provide extra midfield rotation if needed. However there maybe reports Duggan maybe out for the season though but I saw the injury report just now and it suggests he maybe available next week.

To make a statement for underperforming players we should drop Sheed but he seems to have a lot of credits in the bank. He was one of our worsts against Freo (asides from Vardy) and hasn't played well or has been inconsistent but highly unlikely they'll drop him. Either Brander should come in as extra depth in the midfield and could also chop out in the ruck or Hutch for tagging Neale or Zorko and Hutch must tag especially we have no Kelly who will be out for the season from the looks of it. It be temping to drop Darling as well but this game gave him credits in the bank and also he's the by product of how our midfield is performing, he's the best forward in the league if we get it in quick but becomes useless with slow ball movement and because we move the ball slowly, Darling becomes near useless and it showed on games where we moved the ball slowly. Teams best performance seem to come when we have like 80-85% of the full strength team.

Finally Rioli MUST come in despite not playing football for two years. He's still our best crumber and provides flair and creativity our forward line lacks. Perfect partnering to Ryan as he can compliment his style. Too often we cannot lock the ball in our forward 50 and they just rebound it out at will which can lead them to easy goals. Rioli is perfect and with Jones in the side, it'll be much harder for oppo to rebound it out and make full use of our flyers as too often our KPFs go for the ball only to see the oppo crumb it with ease. It also reduces the load of our midfield as we have an extra runner from not playing Vardy and they can defend the run zone. He must come in for Petch as he has none of the team first qualities that Rioli has.

Last edited:

Out: Kelly (inj), Kennedy (inj), Sheed (susp), Vardy

In: Brander, Rioli, West, Hedwards

Backs: Barrass, Hedwards, Shep, Witho, Cole, Foley, Nelson
Mids/rucks: Yeo, Redden, Shuey, Gaff, Ledwards, Brander, Naitanui, Gov
Forwards: Darling, Allen, Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, Petch, West (rotating through middle)
Sub: Waterman or someone
Emergencies: Ainsworth (one final junket), Rotham and Williams (stay behind to play Beagles)

Edwards in for Vardy, Gov to play forward ruck. Last game of the season, can’t hold anything back.

Rioli in for Kennedy, with Ryan playing more out of the square.

Brander and West replace Kelly and Sheed. Edwards/West/Shuey to split two mid spots and a forward spot. Hopefully Brander’s cards haven’t been marked.

Out: Kelly (inj), Kennedy (inj), Sheed (susp), Vardy

In: Brander, Rioli, West, Hedwards

Backs: Barrass, Hedwards, Shep, Witho, Cole, Foley, Nelson
Mids/rucks: Yeo, Redden, Shuey, Gaff, Ledwards, Brander, Naitanui, Gov
Forwards: Darling, Allen, Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, Petch, West (rotating through middle)
Sub: Waterman or someone
Emergencies: Ainsworth (one final junket), Rotham and Williams (stay behind to play Beagles)

Edwards in for Vardy, Gov to play forward ruck. Last game of the season, can’t hold anything back.

Rioli in for Kennedy, with Ryan playing more out of the square.

Brander and West replace Kelly and Sheed. Edwards/West/Shuey to split two mid spots and a forward spot. Hopefully Brander’s cards haven’t been marked.

Branders seen the light and said to his manager get me the f**k out of here. Might as well go back to Victoria where he has a chance of a decent career and a flag

Listen to the press conference.. we are going to have a swing at it.. kelly out, kennedy i think has a broken finger…. Also out probably foley who did nothing wrong but credits in the bank for some hack..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In: Willie, HEdwards, West, Waterman, Langdon (elevated sub)
Out: Petch (shit) Vardy (shit), Kelly (inj), Kennedy (inj), Sheed (susp/shit)

Three dropped (two if they suspend Sheed). Two injured.

HEd or Gov to backup Nic in the ruck.

Forwards: Ryan, Darling, Allen, Waterman, Willie, Langdon, Cripps.

Mids: Nic, Shuey, Yeo, Redden, Gaff, West, LEd, Nelson/Cole

Backs: Gov, TB, HEd, Shep, Foley, Witherden, Nelson/Cole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly getting injured is a blessing.
Piss weak player that gets on the end of others hard work.

Keep Ryan deep, play west as the midfielder he is, Allen is a forward not a jack of all trades hole filler

Ins: west, Rioli
Out: Langdon or petch, jelly kelly

Wish we still had that clumsy oaf Scotty Lycett running around.

Sliding doors:

IN: Lycett (re-signed with Gaff's cash), first rounder (?)
OUT: Gaff (to Norf), Vardy (delisted)

Who am I kidding, we would have drafted an U18 AA tall with that pick and played him on a wing in the WAFL ... Or is that too unbelievable a scenario?

Wish we still had that clumsy oaf Scotty Lycett running around.

Sliding doors:

IN: Lycett (re-signed with Gaff's cash), first rounder (?)
OUT: Gaff (to Norf), Vardy (delisted)

Who am I kidding, we would have drafted an U18 AA tall with that pick and played him on a wing in the WAFL ... Or is that too unbelievable a scenario?

If we’d signed Lycett not Gaff we would’ve had the exact same pick.

Damn, assumed Gaff would have been worth more than Lycett back then.

He would’ve been, but because we won the flag, there would’ve been no difference between the first-round pick we’d get for Gaff and the end-of-first-round pick we got for Lycett.

Rioli -> Sheed
West -> Langdon (sub)
Williams -> Vardy
Brander -> Kelly
Rotham -> Nelson

Alot of height in, yes, but I'm less concerned about matchups and more interested in getting the right guys on the field for this inevitable belting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back