Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ll need more run against the Swans, I’ve liked the forward structure with Pink there, but he might be the one who makes way.

Considering Kerch’s impact I Would like Fisher to play up the ground more. He can have Stephens wing next week.

From what I’ve seen of Logue so far, he needs to get some more miles into his legs in the VFL.

Phillips to tag either Warner or Heeney.

In: Fisher & Wardlaw.

Out: Stephens & Pink.
I’d like wilphil on Warner

Changes not because the blokes should be dropped but because the depth now demands it.

In: George, Fish. Out: Phillips, Stephens.

Philips to be Sub. Taylor out.

Was really disappointing in that contest. Cost us a goal and doesn't look like he'll ever have it when it comes to going when its his turn. We've got him for four years. Sub at best but back to the two's this week

Four years. Well I guess if there’s a decent footballer in him that’s enough time for him to show it.

Key matchups:

Wardlaw vs Warner

Phillips vs Heeney

Scott or Kerch vs Gulden

LDU vs Rowbottom

Arch vs Papley (this will be an awesome opportunity for Arch)

Comben vs McDonald (I expect Chom to completely own him tbh)

Dawson vs Amartey

X vs Grundy (if X wins this, I think he makes the AA40).

It seems absurd to even think this, but: taking experience and talent out of the equation, right now we might actually be more in form than the Swans.

We also usually lift against these cheating w***ers. Swans by 4 after a controversial BS umpire decision with 1:20 to go on the clock.

Out:
  • Stephens (weak attack on the player and ball, goes missing at times)
  • Taylor (been playing well and always puts in effort, but simply other payers now ahead)
  • Pink (playing well as a defensive fwd, but Logue or Dawson are probably ahead of him)

In:
  • Fisher
  • Wardlaw
  • Logue

However, we could make the Logue<>Pink swap for the Carlton game instead. Logue eventually in for Pink gives us the flexibility to switch a key defender and a defensive key forward if the match ups aren't quite working. Especially when Pink wasn't quite holding up down back.

K.Dawson is doing well, but there was 4 or 5 times against the suns where he was a step short of impacting as the third man up. Couldn’t help but feel if the roles were reversed, chom would have given Dawson a chop out on Day and he would not have had such a big impact.

That’s why I think eventually when Logue is ready to return, our best combo will be Logue, chom and Corr down back. The only other option is to play Logue or chom forward instead of pink. I just don’t see them moving chom for the rest of the season though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back