Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Easily done.

I’d want to forget he ever played for them as well.

Mick, The King, McKernan, Fruity Allison, Schwatta, Rocky, Belly, Byron. How did so many of our 90s stars end up at other clubs? In fact, of the 30 players to play in a 90s NMFC premiership, only 8 never played for another club (Archer, Harvey, Sholl, Longmire, Crocker, Stevens, King, Simpson)

I was talking to a mate who’s brother’s son was the boy who Sam Gibson was kicking footballs at at the North Melbourne family day few years back, and he reckons Comben is a certain to come in, and will kick 5. He is a 5 game country member though, so make of that what you will.

Well that is connected as anyone I'd suggest. And yes I hear ya regarding country members. Both Brad Scott and Cam Joyce are country members. Not that anyone's forgotten of course.

With McKay out and our main prime mover out indefinitely, the constant playing of 2 rucks has broken me emotionally and on top of the fact we now sit dead last on the ladder there’s not much more that could go wrong this season that would phase me.

Yes, more things can go wrong but I’ve made bed with it so I’ll try and find the lighter side of our issues and gather whatever joy I can from what will be another car crash of a season.

The only way is up and the first positive is we can’t travel further down the ladder than 18th.
**** your posting has been elite of late

Scott Gullan back to his old ways then

The bloke really does not rate Perez

Bad experience in Mexico ???

Out: Mckay (susp), Goldy, Atu, Scott and mahony
In: Bonar, CCJ, Ford, Powell and sleevo

I’d send turner to docherty, he creates most of their run

Don’t think it’s your bday - so stop dreaming

fu** your posting has been elite of late
Got to get the coping mechanisms in order FG.

Sometimes when we’re getting belted and a Walker, Young, Turner get run down and get pinned by the umpire, I yell out ‘BALLL’ with the opposition supporters. It allows me to make peace with said players ineptitude.
It’s not their fault after all that they can’t help it.

Can someone explain to me the protected species that Goldstein is at present?

No one is doubting his contribution to the club and most notably will go down as the greatest ruckman we have had.

Nathan Jones at Melbourne put up with 300 games of shit to only come to the end of his career as they won a flag. That was the most ruthless call I have seen for a decorated veteran and captain but was done so for the betterment of the club. The premiership was vindication. Nathan Jones understood his place and accepted the way it played out.

Goldstein is being played as a forward. He is not cut out as a forward, nor is he contributing as a forward.

He, nor the club, is not benefiting out of this.

We are the lowest scoring and inefficient team in the comp. We kick a goal 2 out of every 10 entries!
Once turned over in our forward 50, we are the easiest side in the comp to score from our own forward 50.

How much of an impact does it have on the rest of our game when our forwards cannot take a mark, score, or hold it inside our 50?

Goldstein had 1 mark for the game, and had the lowest amount of pressure acts recorded for the team with 7.

I cannot see how this continues any longer? He cannot perform the role that is being asked of him and he cannot ruck any longer without being detrimental to the development of X and/or CCJ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s a pretty simple strategy, really.
Noble needs to sit them down. Show them the white board.

‘Look guys. This is what our back six looks like this week (camera darts from white board to a nervous McGuinness stil trying to explain to everyone that he has only ever played wing) … And with Ben out it’s imperative that you all understand how ****ed these guys are if so many loose balls go in. Think kamikaze, but worse.’

Powell: ‘you mean like the bulldogs game?’

Noble: ‘SHUT THE FCK UP, POWELL! I’m so over your shit. You ‘were’ going to be back in this week, but now… Lace up Lynchy, you’re taking Powell’s spot.’

Tom Lynch: ‘But I don’t play in the mi..’

Noble: ‘BUT I DONT PLAY IN THE MIDFIELD!’ ‘Look at McGuinness, does it look like he has ever taken a gorilla KPF in his life?!’

Tom Lynch: ‘No..’

Noble: ‘That’s right. And what do I always say?’

Tom Lynch: ‘It’s not a lie… if you believe it.’

Noble: ‘That’s right. ‘Nourishment’

Can someone explain to me the protected species that Goldstein is at present?

No one is doubting his contribution to the club and most notably will go down as the greatest ruckman we have had.

Nathan Jones at Melbourne put up with 300 games of shit to only come to the end of his career as they won a flag. That was the most ruthless call I have seen for a decorated veteran and captain but was done so for the betterment of the club. The premiership was vindication. Nathan Jones understood his place and accepted the way it played out.

Goldstein is being played as a forward. He is not cut out as a forward, nor is he contributing as a forward.

He, nor the club, is not benefiting out of this.

We are the lowest scoring and inefficient team in the comp. We kick a goal 2 out of every 10 entries!
Once turned over in our forward 50, we are the easiest side in the comp to score from our own forward 50.

How much of an impact does it have on the rest of our game when our forwards cannot take a mark, score, or hold it inside our 50?

Goldstein had 1 mark for the game, and had the lowest amount of pressure acts recorded for the team with 7.

I cannot see how this continues any longer? He cannot perform the role that is being asked of him and he cannot ruck any longer without being detrimental to the development of X and/or CCJ?

I rather suspect that the difference between Goldstein and Nathan Jones is that Jones recognised that the Dees were a realistic chance of winning a flag and that Petracca and Oliver might be better choices in the midfield than he, whereas Goldy probably recognises that we're dead last and he's still 10 times the ruckman that Xerri is.
In my opinion?

I rather suspect that the difference between Goldstein and Nathan Jones is that Jones recognised that the Dees were a realistic chance of winning a flag and that Petracca and Oliver might be better choices in the midfield than he, whereas Goldy probably recognises that we're dead last and he's still 10 times the ruckman that Xerri is.
In my opinion?

I would be disappointed if the greatest ruckman we have ever had wasn’t 10 times the ruckman compared to an 18 gamer that X currently is?

I didn’t rate X last year, but he has surprised most this year and I don’t think anyone could really dispute how much he has improved when given the opportunity. He may not be the long term option, Jacob Edwards or CCJ may become the #1 long term, but we certainly aren’t going to find out with Goldstein in the side?

It’s a pretty simple strategy, really.
Noble needs to sit them down. Show them the white board.

‘Look guys. This is what our back six looks like this week (camera darts from white board to a nervous McGuinness stil trying to explain to everyone that he has only ever played wing) … And with Ben out it’s imperative that you all understand how f’ed these guys are if so many loose balls go in. Think kamikaze, but worse.’

Powell: ‘you mean like the bulldogs game?’

Noble: ‘SHUT THE FCK UP, POWELL! I’m so over your shit. You ‘were’ going to be back in this week, but now… Lace up Lynchy, you’re taking Powell’s spot.’

Tom Lynch: ‘But I don’t play in the mi..’

Noble: ‘BUT I DONT PLAY IN THE MIDFIELD!’ ‘Look at McGuinness, does it look like he has ever taken a gorilla KPF in his life?!’

Tom Lynch: ‘No..’

Noble: ‘That’s right. And what do I always say?’

Tom Lynch: ‘It’s not a lie… if you believe it.’

Noble: ‘That’s right. ‘Nourishment’
MVP level posting.

In my opinion?

Succinct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGuinness just isn't ready IMO.

Corr is taller than Curnow - we shouldn't be needing to hide a bloke who's 195cm as a third tall defender. Walker will do a better job on McKay than McGuinness could although will probably get hammered. Bonar is only a few centimetres shorter than Silvagni, so that works as well.
Replace Walker with McKay and I have a feeling that is the backline we would have gone with from day 1.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Time to throw the magnets around and actually try something.

I’d send Larkey to CHB in lieu of McKay. Corr can play FB. Walker can have a spell, he’s rubbish.

Comben and CCJ come both come in as our forward combo.

Need to drop a ruckman. Xerri has a spell. I’d give Goldy first ruck, for a couple of weeks, if he’s still rubbish then Xerri comes in for the rest of the season and Goldy retires.

I’m not sure we need Turner doing nothing? He can have a spell.

Sorry Mahoney lovers, he’s rubbish too. He can have a spell.

The small forward combo does nothing. Let move Atu forward. TT to a HBF to be our seagull, feed him at every opportunity. Sleevo on ball / wing as he can actually rack it up.

In summary:

Out: Walker (delist), McKay (susp), Turner (omit), Mahoney (omit) Xerri (managed)

In: CCJ, Comben, Powell, Sleevo, Ford

FB - Young - Corr - Perez
HB - McDonald - Larkey - Thomas
C - Powell - LDU - Sleevo
HF - JHF - Comben - JZ
FF- Atu - CCJ - P Curtis
R - Goldy - Simpkin - Greenwood
Int - Taylor - Zurharr - Scott - Ford
Doubt it would work, but it's the most coherent plan I've seen this season

In
Stephenson
CCJ
Powell
McGuinness (if H.McKay is out, Bonar if he plays)

Out
McKay (Susp)
Goldy (Managed)
Ford
Atu

B: McGuinness Corr Young
HB: McDonald Walker Perez
C: Taylor LDU Stephenson
HF: Ziebell Coleman-Jones JHF
FF: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
Foll: Xerri Simpkin Thomas

Int: Powell Greenwood Turner Scott
Med: Mahony

Jed is a possibilty to play

If Jed plays this week Noble has lost the plot and is grasping at straws.

Why would we even entertain the idea of bringing in a guy off a limited preseason and recent injury?

This reeks of a desperate man who has run out of ideas and if it happens could end up in the same way as playing Hall under an injury cloud.

If Jed plays this week Noble has lost the plot and is grasping at straws.

Why would we even entertain the idea of bringing in a guy off a limited preseason and recent injury?

This reeks of a desperate man who has run out of ideas and if it happens could end up in the same way as playing Hall under an injury cloud.
Let’s not fly off the handle just yet, it’s probably just a back training announcement saying he’s back.

For all the issues going on let’s relax on this one, that said let him have a couple in the vfl

That’s a lock then. Surely lol

So Stephenson, Anderson, Comben, Powell surely and maybe even Phillips?
Ford too? Can we make 6 changes

OUT McKay, Turner, Atu, Mahony, Xerri.
Selection is going to be interesting tomorow night.

I have seen Corr beat the likes of Tom Lynch and for the life of me I don't know what we are thinking using him as some mid sized defender. He is the guy to play on Curnow, as he was the guy to play on Cameron last week. Walker plays on McKay out of necessity and either Bonar or perhaps Jack play on Silvagni.

We need to start developing something resembling a forward structure so Comben comes in to pair with Larkey and we can work the rest out after that.

I have seen Corr beat the likes of Tom Lynch and for the life of me I don't know what we are thinking using him as some mid sized defender. He is the guy to play on Curnow, as he was the guy to play on Cameron last week. Walker plays on McKay out of necessity and either Bonar or perhaps Jack play on Silvagni.

We need to start developing something resembling a forward structure so Comben comes in to pair with Larkey and we can work the rest out after that.

He was the obvious choice for Cameron esp.as he would have played on him a multitude of times at GWS training.

Doubts on Silvagni & McKay. Might both be playing sore if they do run out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back