Preview Changes Bulldogs V Bombers Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Just crozier for butler for mine.

Team looks balanced and settled. Just had a shocker. That’s happening to teams right across the league in this strange season.

Agreed. I'll take the three games we won over this one in terms of judging what our best team is (with who we have available). If we back this up with another loss against Essendon that's when I think they'll look to make some serious changes.

That being said it'll be hard to not drop Schache. West was poor too but unless Cody is really banging the door down I think it's important we get some games into him - really may as well this season.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised with 2-3 changes, however I also wouldn't be shocked or particularly outraged if it was just Crozier in for Butler either.

Agreed. I'll take the three games we won over this one in terms of judging what our best team is (with who we have available). If we back this up with another loss against Essendon that's when I think they'll look to make some serious changes.

That being said it'll be hard to not drop Schache. West was poor too but unless Cody is really banging the door down I think it's important we get some games into him - really may as well this season.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised with 2-3 changes, however I also wouldn't be shocked or particularly outraged if it was just Crozier in for Butler either.
We need a forward line not midfield forward line

A lot is going to depend on how the boys pulled up. The Dons would have loved seeing us having a tough game in wet conditions when we only have a 5 day break and they have the extra day.

Ideally with a 7 day break there would be only 1 or 2 changes but I'm working on the likelihood that some will need a break.

In particular I'm concerned about English who has had as big a workload as any ruck in the league recently because he rucks nearly 100% of the game and gut runs to get around the ground. I'd be loath to drop him so maybe this is the week to bring in Sweet or Trengove? English to ruck only 30-40% of the game and maybe take a spell in a forward pocket or in defence. Bringing in a second ruck could force Schache out (who I'd otherwise retain).

I'd like to see Butler get a few games to settle and he hasn't had a huge workload so far, so I'd keep him and drop Richards to make way for Crozier. Richards could do with some tough love, a few pointers and some personal targets. After that the club should back him to come back a better player. He has all the tools but just hasn't been putting it together, a bit like Williams a year ago. He wouldn't be the first player in footy history to need an early re-set before establishing a successful career.

Other players due for a game some time include Porter, Weightman, Dickson, Suckling, Cavarra, the two Youngs and Gowers (yes, he's still a chance). Who comes out will depend on the club's assessment of who is feeling the pinch and needing more recovery time.

I'm assuming no new injuries at this stage.

Just crozier for butler for mine.

Team looks balanced and settled. Just had a shocker. That’s happening to teams right across the league in this strange season.

Exactly what we should do but wont happen. I said we needed an extra tall for this week in defence (didmt happen)but wont need next week.
Everyone canning schache yep had a shocker but Bruce has been average 5 out if 6 weeks. Beveridge and most here need to back him in. His impact on the game last week was massive. 1 stinker and gets thrown to the scrap heap.
No doubt he will be dropped. I feel for him. Doesn't get a chance. Kicked 24 in 14 games last year. A full season and he kicks 35
Sidenote schache had half hour less game time than Bruce aswell

Last edited:
Yes
A lot is going to depend on how the boys pulled up. The Dons would have loved seeing us having a tough game in wet conditions when we only have a 5 day break and they have the extra day.

Ideally with a 7 day break there would be only 1 or 2 changes but I'm working on the likelihood that some will need a break.

In particular I'm concerned about English who has had as big a workload as any ruck in the league recently because he rucks nearly 100% of the game and gut runs to get around the ground. I'd be loath to drop him so maybe this is the week to bring in Sweet or Trengove? English to ruck only 30-40% of the game and maybe take a spell in a forward pocket or in defence. Bringing in a second ruck could force Schache out (who I'd otherwise retain).

I'd like to see Butler get a few games to settle and he hasn't had a huge workload so far, so I'd keep him and drop Richards to make way for Crozier. Richards could do with some tough love, a few pointers and some personal targets. After that the club should back him to come back a better player. He has all the tools but just hasn't been putting it together, a bit like Williams a year ago. He wouldn't be the first player in footy history to need an early re-set before establishing a successful career.

Other players due for a game some time include Porter, Weightman, Dickson, Suckling, Cavarra, the two Youngs and Gowers (yes, he's still a chance). Who comes out will depend on the club's assessment of who is feeling the pinch and needing more recovery time.

[/QUOT

Yep like iT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be making too many changes off just one week. Obviously we don't know if anyone will need the rest off the short break. Presuming no one does, Crozier straight back in for Butler seems obvious. The back seven looked unbelievable against North and I think we should stick with that for a little while. Ed Richards probably goes out for mine, has been a bit underwhelming the last couple of weeks. Thought he started the year ok. Wouldn't mind to see a Weightman debut but I think Suckling returning to play wing/half forward is probably more likely to add some experience.

B: Wood - Keath - Crozier
HB: Daniel - Cordy - Johannisen

R: English - Bontempelli - Smith
C: Lipinski - Macrae - Hunter

HF: Wallis - Schache - Dale
F: Vandermeer - Bruce - West

I: Williams - Liberatore - McLean - Suckling

Butler and Richards out for mine.

Not really sure how Butler gets a game ahead of Lachie Young in a similar role. He's just not ready at all, while Young at least showed he was somewhat comfortable at the level above.

Not sure why so many on here were high on Butler after his first game. It was mistake riddled and he was fumbly. More of the same yesterday.

He's only 18 so it's to be expected, but a lot more development needed at the lower levels before he's ready for afl.

We’re we the youngest team on the weekend and how do you find that out?

I’m so ****ing sick of this being a theme for us.
The club wanders around wearing it as a badge of honour. I’m personally embarrassed by it all.

We’ve chosen to be so young. And guess what happens to young teams? They’re inconsistent.

We’ve chosen that. Beveridge has chosen it. So when we lose, I don’t want to hear about it as an excuse.

I have no idea why we continue to choose to be the youngest team in the league (or close to) when we have a raft of players in their primes, ready to compete for a flag.

I’m so ******* sick of this being a theme for us.
The club wanders around wearing it as a badge of honour. I’m personally embarrassed by it all.

We’ve chosen to be so young. And guess what happens to young teams? They’re inconsistent.

We’ve chosen that. Beveridge has chosen it. So when we lose, I don’t want to hear about it as an excuse.

I have no idea why we continue to choose to be the youngest team in the league (or close to) when we have a raft of players in their primes, ready to compete for a flag.
Crozier coming in helps, so would a Lloyd or Dickson. Or Trengove who seems to have run over Bevo's cat.

Young teams don't seem to be able to stop the opposition getting a run on. That's not us, that's league-wide.

Out: Butler, Richards
In: Crozier, Weightman

I'd like to drop Schache but we need to persist with two talls until Naughton gets backs, and he's a far better option than anyone else on the list. With Hunter coming back, Richards will have far less wing time so I'd prefer to replace him with a natural forward with pace until Ed cleans up a few things, especially in the F50.

Butler was okay last night but we can only carry 7 defenders, and he's the obvious out for Crozier. A little unlucky.

I’m so ******* sick of this being a theme for us.

Agree we have some unused experience in the 2s
Unfortunately what gets me the most is the large number of players we have let go, that experience would be helpful now

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Bulldogs V Bombers Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back