Changes for Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I've read the drop Dawes debate with interest, I'm in two minds.
When the Travis/Dawes combo works it works well, when it doesn't we have no KP forwards.

Leigh Brown is an option but I'd give Travis/Dawes another few weeks to work something out.

In: Lockyer, Barham
Out: O'Bree, Macaffer

For the fifth week in a row people are calling for Macaffer to be dropped, and for the fifth week in a row he'll comfortably hold his place.

17 or so possessions, not an error amongst them, and a few very strong hard ball gets. He's safe.

Sweet mercy, no.10.

Pendlebury was (finally) BOG against the Lions, and you want to move him?

Pendlebury and Swan were pathetic against the lions

Eyes....are obviously very variable in what they can provide to the brain.

For the record I think MDC's eyes have a slightly better connection.
Either that or you made a type Kirk.

If Anthony had been paid that mark in front of goal would you all be calling for his head?
i couldnt agree more!

funny thing is everyone is on the Leroy (checked this time just for you "smoky") Brown, the guy is just pathetic i dont know how many times he would stuff it up and i would wanna go down and punch his face in last year and early this year........his CRAP!! absolute rubbish

i laugh at how people say we were to tall and say drop JA but funny thing is they wanna replace him with a tall in Brown anyway lmao.

funny thing is its not players that need to be omitted its the game plan that needs to be looked at and reviewed

No way will Caff be dropped. Was solid to good on the weekend and very reliable.

Much depends on the fitness of Medders & Leon (Dick is a few weeks away still).

Luke Rounds could get a game as a small forward this week.

Lets not panic.

If Davis and Medhurst are fit we'd be crazy not to bring them in the side. We miss their pressure and quality up forward and the flexibility they offer the midfield. O'Bree as a hff gets the chop as does Anthony who makes us too tall. It should be a simple week at selection if these two are fit.

i couldnt agree more!

funny thing is everyone is on the Leroy (checked this time just for you "smoky") Brown, the guy is just pathetic i dont know how many times he would stuff it up and i would wanna go down and punch his face in last year and early this year........his CRAP!! absolute rubbish

i laugh at how people say we were to tall and say drop JA but funny thing is they wanna replace him with a tall in Brown anyway lmao.

funny thing is its not players that need to be omitted its the game plan that needs to be looked at and reviewed

Leroy is far from pathetic, but he is not currently best 22.
If a few talls go down late in the seson you'll happy to see him fill a gap.

Out: Anthony, MaCaffer, O'Bree (dropped)

In: Lockyer, Barham, Medhurst/Davis

B: Shaw, Prestigiacomo, O'Brien
HB: Maxwell, Reid, Johnson
C: Thomas, Pendlebury, Swan
HF: Sidebottom, Dawes, Didak
F: Medhurst/Davis, Cloke, Beams
R: Jolly, Wellingham, Ball

Int: Wood, Barham, Toovey, Lockyer

For the fifth week in a row people are calling for Macaffer to be dropped, and for the fifth week in a row he'll comfortably hold his place.

17 or so possessions, not an error amongst them, and a few very strong hard ball gets. He's safe.

The pitch-forks are out down at Salem.

If Anthony had been paid that mark in front of goal would you all be calling for his head?

Ifs buts and maybes keep players who dont perform in teams for too long.
Look how long it took to drop davis on the basis that he might find his form
Or Obree before he was dropped

The one mark in front of goal would not take away from the majority of his game where he was unable to have an influence.

Assuming that he kicked it, it wouldve been 2 marks inside 50 for 2 goals... not a great return for what some posters call our FF

Fact remains if i had to choose between Anthony and Medders for this week, i wouldnt think twice about it

Assuming that he kicked it, it wouldve been 2 marks inside 50 for 2 goals... not a great return for what some posters call our FF

Anthony played primarily HFF/FP against Brisbane, Trav was the primary FF. And he took 0 marks inside 50 for 0 goals.

Still, you're right in saying Anthony wasn't great, and Medhurst will come in when fit.

Anthony played primarily HFF/FP against Brisbane, Trav was the primary FF. And he took 0 marks inside 50 for 0 goals.

Still, you're right in saying Anthony wasn't great, and Medhurst will come in when fit.

Yep people judging his potential as a FF based on his game(s) as a FP/HFF are kidding themselves. He just isn't good in this role as he leads into other forwards space and gets less opportunities. As a FF he is the key target so it isn't as problematic when he is selfish with space and he gets more opportunities which he usually capitalises on. As a pure FF he is still our best option but Cloke and Dawes provide better flexibility and are a better combo right now. They still have a lot to prove however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couldnt agree more.

funny how cloke did SHIT ALL yet no 1 called for his head....

i agree anthony was not great but either was the other 5 forwards in the forwardline either

I apologise you are quite correct Macaffer should stay

That's pretty good output from limited opportunities playing on a HFF/wing IMO, when comparing Clokey's 1 mark for 0 goals return inside 50.

He needs to be played at FF does Jack. Just have a look at what he does when he gets sent to the VFL- he is just so damaging. Play him deep and he will provide. He will also get the best defender too- that is a certainty. Trav and Dawesy will love him for it.

i believe they should keep Jack in the team and keep him in the forward 50 in the square leading out for the grab and believe me if they do that he will go back to bagging 3-5 goals a game like he did last year

Wood has to go, I don't care who comes in, as far as i'm concerned Wes Fellows at his current age would do better. Reid has to go back , no match up this week for him.

Out: Wood, Anthony, O'Bree
In: L.Brown, Davis, Barham

Wood for L.Brown straight swap. Brown to back up ruck and use his body to bust packs and create crumbs around the ground. He did that well against the Doggies Rd 1 this year.

Anthony for Davis. I feel like we were too top heavy against the Lions. The ball was flying out of our forward 50. Davis is leading our inside 50 tackle count atm. So a basic swap, a tall for a small.

O'Bree for Barham. Barham has strung together some greate games. Deserves a chance. O'Bree has had an ordinary couple of weeks.

barham comming in is laughable he can't kick and is a plain old dud. won't happen get over it!

Out o'bree wood

In dick davis... oh i wish yes i do. wish blair was off the rookie list.. and would like to see rounds given a shot.

Barham no no no no delist him with cook and corrie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back