Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The only players who could come into our side to make it stronger are all injured.

If Adams was fit he would be named. He clearly isn't. We gave Jack right up until game day to prove his fitness, if we aren't doing that with Patch then clearly his injury is bad enough to make him unavailable.

Well, I 100% agree with you, must be that way. But why is he named first emergency if he is injured?

Don't get me wrong, he must be but I find it a bit odd when Narni and Thommo aren't named for same injury reasons.

The kid is a dead-set star, to assume that Goldy is going to smash him would only be made by a fool.

Not doubting Grundy will be good. Difference is Goldie is a season vet and is good NOW. How foolish of me to assume a North player will defeat an opposition player, guess that's not allowed here?!

I hope Goldy gives this overhyped player an absolute lesson.

Sick of hearing every young Pies player being the next big thing :mad:

What is wrong with supporters getting excited about new players?

What is wrong with supporters getting excited about new players?

Nothing against the kid mate or even the supporters for that matter. More that a player comes through for the pies and it spawns double-page spreads.

Equivalent kid comes through for North and it's mostly media silence.

had about 20 minutes 1 on 1 with Garner
Patch evading and then kicking to a target
he looked good enuf
thommo was doing a lot of running
pretty big bloke when u get a look at him
go port

had about 20 minutes 1 on 1 with Garner
Patch evading and then kicking to a target
he looked good enuf
thommo was doing a lot of running
pretty big bloke when u get a look at him
go port

Which is why I have always wondered why people question his ability on the bigger forwards.

yes TPA
if we can get past the various disasters of this year looking at the current squad of defenders
thommo is now AA HAnsen playing good and, we will see tomorrow, but I reckon L Delaney can play and he is a strong looking bloke as well Proper Full Back

backline looks a LOT betterthan in the last couple of yrs imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care what happens in this game now. The players will be flat after just learning their season is cooked. I fully expect us to get pantsed.

Losing by 100pts would be the worst thing that could happen to us. We need to win and win well. Taylor Garner also needs to play AND start. Blowing off our last game of the year would undo a lot of the ground we've made up this year.

And for anyone who doesn't think we've made ground (i.e. we missed the finals), go and read Mastermind's post in the **** this season thread.

Last night I thought we might as well play the kids and lose today - why even try for a meaningless win when finals are out and all it will do is shift us down a couple of spots in the draft.

And then this morning I remembered Port beating Melbourne in the last round a few years ago. Unbackable that they would lose and take the priority pick - and they won. You can't buy that will, and I am convinced it's a big reason they are where they are today and Melbourne are the opposite.

There is no meaningless game at the MCG in spring weather in front of a big crowd with nothing but pride on the line. I won't be distressed if they can't win it in the end - god knows, I'm used to that - but coaches and players need to do everything they can to win.

Last night I thought we might as well play the kids and lose today - why even try for a meaningless win when finals are out and all it will do is shift us down a couple of spots in the draft.

and if we loose by enough it will mean carlton play collingwood...

personally i would never want my team to throw even a single game,

blooding players btw i dont place in this category.

Mcmahon playing for his career

People have such short memories, McMahon was our general in defence for quite a while and we struggled to win games without him, we are past that now but he is a high-quality player, I back him in to bounce back next season, if not at North then somewhere else.

And then this morning I remembered Port beating Melbourne in the last round a few years ago. Unbackable that they would lose and take the priority pick - and they won. You can't buy that will, and I am convinced it's a big reason they are where they are today and Melbourne are the opposite.

There is no meaningless game at the MCG in spring weather in front of a big crowd with nothing but pride on the line. I won't be distressed if they can't win it in the end - god knows, I'm used to that - but coaches and players need to do everything they can to win.
Port also
smashed us in the last round which dented our top 4 aspirations in 2008 and potentially cost themselves a Priority Pick.

**** I hate Port Adelaide!!! Still screwing us over to this very day!!!!

You can add another decision to the number of brainless ones committed at match committee this year.

How Currie wasn't named Emg knowing the possible situation is laughable, he should be playing today given the dead rubber, as should Garner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back