Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Port Adelaide, AO 22/07, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selections are going to be hard.Maybe Mihocek in for Frampton?Not sure who goes out for Cameron if he’s passed fit.I don’t think Mitchell will be the sub again,maybe it’ll be Lipinski this week?

IN: Mihocek, Cameron
OUT: Frampton, Cox (We can't play McStay, AJ, Mihocek & Cox all forward so one has to make way)
SUB: Lipinski

I'd give Ginnivan some game time after the Port game, maybe in place of Hill for a few weeks as his confidence looks down a little bit. Not until after next week though, have to keep a winning mix

I know Johnson scored three today but is he really that influential? Checkers plays instead of him, I don't think Cox leaves. If you drop Frampton and Cox, we have only Cameron as a recognised ruck. McStay is needed to take marks, body and aid in structure, not play second ruck.
Ffs AJ’s job is to kick goals, he’s got 6 in the last two weeks. He’s a forward he’s not going to get 15 possessions. What more do you people want, blood.

Great day.
Pissed
I had problems with the stream in Chiang Rai due to weak wifi. After several stutters in the first half, I gave up when it went down in the 3rd quarter and was less than keen on resuming. The game started at 10.45am here which is not the best of times to hit the booze, though I am sure you'd retort that anytime is a good time! Visited a temple in the heat instead which is no substitute I guess for being at the greatest temple of them all to witness the boys in action.

Ffs AJ’s job is to kick goals, he’s got 6 in the last two weeks. He’s a forward he’s not going to get 15 possessions. What more do you people want, blood.
Agreed. I only got to see the first half and a bit, but don't get the talk of dropping Johnson. If anything, the return of Mihochek will mean that Johnson will be subject to even less pressure. He may have his deficiencies, but moving gracefully and stylishly marking and kicking are not among those faults. If he kicks three goals a game, he keeps his spot.

I expect to see the below. Personally I would like to explore keeping AJ in over a ruck but I expect the club to opt for the two rucks.
Agree with the sentiment around Lipinski, I think he needs to find form quick or he could find himself on the outer.

IN: B.Mihocek, D.Cameron
OUT: B.Frampton, A.Johnson

B: N.Murphy, D.Moore, I.Quaynor
HB: J.Crisp, J.Howe, B.Maynard
C: S.Sidebottom, J.DeGoey, J.Daicos
HF: T.Adams, B.Mihocek, B.McCreery
F: J.Elliott, D.McStay, B.Hill
R: D.Cameron, T.Mitchell, N.Daicos
I: J.Noble, P.Lipinski, S.Pendlebury, M.Cox
S: O.Markov

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Mihocek, Cameron
OUT: Frampton, Cox (We can't play McStay, AJ, Mihocek & Cox all forward so one has to make way)
SUB: Lipinski

I'd give Ginnivan some game time after the Port game, maybe in place of Hill for a few weeks as his confidence looks down a little bit. Not until after next week though, have to keep a winning mix
Why would we reward mediocre form in the VFL.
He needs to prove he’s worthy of a recall.

Mihocek hasn't been playing so that's why I'm questioning him and I feel he goes missing, at times, during matches. He's either on or a mile off the trot. But this is my view.

It's going to be interesting to see him play against a side with Mihocek, assuming he survives match committee.

I really don’t get this argument. As a forward, isn’t Johnson’s No1 job to kick goals? Surely he has no other duty that come close to that of hitting the scoreboard? On that measure, he has been very influential over the past two games, with three in each. Has McCreery been influential? Has Lipinski?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
2023 Goal kickers. HT to Nips Devine on EBNW Free Message Boards and Online Forums at VoyForums - Access Restriction
Surely the top 4 on this list stay in our forward line + McStay. Who gets the 6th spot?
32 - Mihocek
25 - Elliott
21 - Johnson
21 - Hill
16 - NDaicos
15 - Cox
12 - JDaicos
11 - McCreery
11 - DeGoey
10 - Adams
10 - Hoskin-Elliott
8 - Ginnivan
7 - Frampton
6 - Mitchell
6 - Crisp
5 - McStay
4 - Lipinski
4 - Pendelbury
3 - McInnes
3 - Harrison
2 - Sidebottom
2 - Noble
1 - Markov
1 - Cameron

I expect to see the below. Personally I would like to explore keeping AJ in over a ruck but I expect the club to opt for the two rucks.
Agree with the sentiment around Lipinski, I think he needs to find form quick or he could find himself on the outer.

IN: B.Mihocek, D.Cameron
OUT: B.Frampton, A.Johnson

B: N.Murphy, D.Moore, I.Quaynor
HB: J.Crisp, J.Howe, B.Maynard
C: S.Sidebottom, J.DeGoey, J.Daicos
HF: T.Adams, B.Mihocek, B.McCreery
F: J.Elliott, D.McStay, B.Hill
R: D.Cameron, T.Mitchell, N.Daicos
I: J.Noble, P.Lipinski, S.Pendlebury, M.Cox
S: O.Markov
Could Macrae replace Lipinski?

I'd go for McCreery as sub but that's a minor complaint.

I’m happy enough with mcstay or Johnson pinch hitting. Someone has to go out and I’m not dropping johnson.

It’s tough no doubt
Our tall setup including 2 Rucks interchanging fwd completely smashed their short backline last time.
Exploiting that weakness again will probably see Fly go with the same squad meaning AJ will miss.
But agree it’s very tough.

Why would we reward mediocre form in the VFL.
He needs to prove he’s worthy of a recall.
Hasn't been performing poorly, he's still kicking goals. He was unlucky to be dropped (30 mins before the game) in the first place

He's a guy that plays better with better players around him, similar to AJ. AJ had a poor performance against Frankston and has shown he belongs at the level.

Why not give him an opportunity before finals and see what he can do? He has the potential to be an important player for us come finals

Frampton and McCreery out for Mihocek and Cameron.

Markov sub

Lipinski wasn’t flash today but he still has a role to play and I think he will offer more in big games than McCreery

B: Brayden Maynard - Darcy Moore - Nathan Murphy
HB: Isaac Quaynor - Jeremy Howe - John Noble
C: Josh Daicos - Scott Pendlebury - Steele Sidebottom
HF: Taylor Adams - Brody Mihocek - Bobby Hill
F: Jamie Elliott - Dan McStay - Ash Johnson
R: Darcy Cameron - Jordan De Goey - Nick Daicos
I: Jack Crisp - Tom Mitchell - Patrick Lipinski - Mason Cox
Sub: Oleg Markov

Carryovers: Beau McCreery, Billy Frampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad