Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GFC (OUT: Thomas/Hansen/Daw/Dumont | IN: Brown/Basti/Garner/Mullett)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting murderised in easy clearances out of our own F50. Many goals scored set up by no pressure in our forward zone allowing opposition to move the ball quickly up the corridor after we've played chippy chippy around the boundary only to turn it over.

Piss Waite off and play Jack as a mobile tall- knows how to mark, kick a goal and make people shit themselves.

Petrie is on his last chance (BBB or Majak replace long term). Has lost his pressure acts / intensity.

Shall I even bother with Boomer? Zero pressure.

Nahas has a big heart - which I love - but not good enough at locking the ball in and chasing. Ultimately we need to upgrade both.

What has happened to Turner - we miss his pressure big time? Garner would bring this pressure but unfortunately injured at moment - Prob most frustrating injury of all on our list for me.

If anything it's Swallow who is a hindrance to Ben and Jack. Both are shit tins better footballers than Spitta.
I think you're onto something. Ben has played his best consistent football with Swallow out.
Cannot play all three in the midfield if we want to move forward.

I would put Swallow on the trade table. I dont care that he is captain.

Whole place needs a shake up big time.

Jack Ziebell is not a better footballer than Andrew Swallow.

I don't know how anyone can think that. Career wise no, but Swallow is a shadow of his previous self at the moment.

In hindsight we replaced brown with daw
But our.... well one of..our problems is just too Big too lumbering
Team just seems to lack synergy
Plenty more soldiers, just keep revolving the door
In: Lmac and black maybe wood too

In hindsight we replaced brown with daw
But our.... well one of..our problems is just too Big too lumbering
Team just seems to lack synergy
Plenty more soldiers, just keep revolving the door
In: Lmac and black maybe wood too

We cannot get it down to the forwards with any sort of speed, skill or reliability. A tall forward line is a liability under those cricumstances.

Time to cut the land of the giants shit. Our forward pressure is pathetic. Set up with brown and waite up forward. Play petrie in defence. Drop thompson. Hes no good anymore.

Out-thompson daw gibson atley
In. Brown bastinac mullet turner.

B: Hansen, Tarrant, McDonald
HB: Wright, Petrie, Atley
C: MacMillan, Dumont, Bastinac
HF: Nahas, Ziebell, Harvey
F: Wood, Brown, Turner
Foll: Goldstein, Swallow, Cunnington

IC: Jacobs, Dal Santo, Higgins
Sub: Harper

In: Mullett, McDonald, Bastinac, Wood, Brown, Harper
Out: Firrito, Thomas, Daw, Waite, Gibson, Thompson

Last edited:
jack playing an inside mid resting forward is likely to be 3rd or 4th option in the league with maybe Dustin martin and a few others ahead of him, Swallow on the other hand as your sole clearance mid likely has 15 or 20 blokes in front of him, so i guess it depends on if your comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges??

B: Hansen, Tarrant, McDonald
HB: Wright, Petrie, Dal Santo
C: MacMillan, Dumont, Bastinac
HF: Nahas, Ziebell, Harvey
F: Wood, Brown, Turner
Foll: Goldstein, Swallow, Cunnington

IC: Jacobs, Dal Santo, Higgins
Sub: Harper

In: Mullett, McDonald, Bastinac, Wood, Brown, Thompson
Out: Firrito, Thomas, Daw, Waite, Gibson, Harper

How is Harper out when he never came in?
and Del at back pocket and Int concurrently???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Harper out when he never came in?
and Del at back pocket and Int concurrently???

I guess I should have proofread before posting. :p
Fixed now (I think).

3 talls clearly isn't working, I'd say drop Majak for Brown and play Jack up forward, with LT, Boomer, Higgins and Wood
Waite and Gibson surely must be dropped, I'd say Wood and Bastinac/Mullet to come back in

Overall, the team needs a shakeup and like I've said before, it's time some of the bigger players feel the brunt of such a horrible loss

3 talls clearly isn't working, I'd say drop Majak for Brown and play Jack up forward, with LT, Boomer, Higgins and Wood
Waite and Gibson surely must be dropped, I'd say Wood and Bastinac/Mullet to come back in

Overall, the team needs a shakeup and like I've said before, it's time some of the bigger players feel the brunt of such a horrible loss
You would advocate still playing Dish and bring back basti???

Jack is not a better footballer than our captain. Andrew has been a consistently good footballer and one of the top inside midfielders in the comp for a while now, granted he isn't having a good year. Jack has been an ok footballer his whole career and has never really make a fist of being an inside mid. To be honest I think Jacks best position is as a HFF who pinch hits in the midfield.

I find the calls to get rid of our captain, a man who has fought heart and soul for this club for a long time, rather disturbing. I'll chalk it up to frustration and desperation, but good clubs don't trade their captain willingly. Andrew Swallow will not be traded, so please can we show some respect and stop calling for it.

Last edited:

I see where you are coming from. but isn't Goldie bigger then Majak?

Play the kids. Pure & simple. Try something, anything.
I doubt they will drop Waite, so heck him off to the backline then.
It's pathetic what gets dished up.
I have Shitmond supporting mates taking the piss

Excuse my theories, but I think North and Geelong are in similar boats (albeit we have our crapload of flags). We're both proud clubs who simply don't finish down the bottom. The downside to that is that we don't ever get top draft picks. Look at how the Dogs are flourishing with Stringer, Macrae, Bontempelli and co. St Kilda look on track with their youngsters. But teams like yours who consistently play finals or just miss out are missing out on the gun youngsters and relying on finding gems with late picks (I like the look of Dumont and Turner for you). History shows you need to go right down to make it to the top.
History of Geelong says you don't - but appreciate the comments.

I'd feel better about a rebuild if I hadn't seen what this list is capable of. Very frustrating and confusing that they play so incapably this season.

The quandary is we can't play Swallow, Cunnington, Zeibell, Dumont, Jacobs and Bastinac in the same team. Although tough on Dumont, going back to the VFL is not the end of the road for him, particularly if he is viewed as the sub. Bastinac should be rewarded for his form.

You would advocate still playing Dish and bring back basti???
In all honesty, I don't really know what to do with Dish, could be useful down back, he's very much struggling up forward
Upon reflection, I'd go Mullett over Basti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back