Preview Changes: Preliminary Final - IN: Sloane, Otten, Melts OUT: Smith, McGovern

Assuming McGovern misses through injury, who should come in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The decision is done and we've had enough hints during the week that it was always going to be Otten.

No point stressing out about selection, it can't be changed.

Positive energies, Otten to have a big game which he is capable of, Crows to win and Danger to cry.
Agree - I would say he has a pretty good reason to play well - he has potential to lock in a GF position if we make it!!!

I find it hard to believe Greenwood would miss with his shoulder after having played with it for a while. I also suspect if he was in any real doubt the media would have picked up on it before selection day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe the carry on regarding Otten in.

He provides flexibility forward and in defence.

Geelong have Mackie, Stewart, lonergan, Taylor, Henderson, Hawkins and Stanley as talls (excluding smith as ruck).

If we go with tex, lynch, JJ, talia, lever and Harto only as our talls (excluding sauce as ruck) then we are one tall short and that's assuming lever would man up rather than play free.

Otten in provides flexibility forward and in defence to match up in talls, plus he could free up Harto to take Dangerfield when he goes forward leaving Kelly to mind Menzel.

The people carrying on about Otten haven't even looked at geelongs team sheet!

The decision is done and we've had enough hints during the week that it was always going to be Otten.

No point stressing out about selection, it can't be changed.

Positive energies, Otten to have a big game which he is capable of, Crows to win and Danger to cry.
And if he can kick straight, which he usually does, so much the better. Just don't want to kick ourselves out of the game

On LG-K500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong are clearly trying to stack the side with marking targets as they know that's the only way they can beat us: out mark us coming out of defence and coming into our forward line.

I think they are too tall and slow. Last time we successfully managed to handball out of defence rather than playing into their hands with long kicks to marking targets. We also lowered the eyes inside 50 to nullify their tall defence.

Geelong's forward pressure is just as bad as ours. Motlop, Menzel not known for pressure and neither are their three talls.

Confident that even with Otten there, if we play the right game, Geelong won't have the answers.

Can't believe the carry on regarding Otten in.

He provides flexibility forward and in defence.

Geelong have Mackie, Stewart, lonergan, Taylor, Henderson, Hawkins and Stanley as talls (excluding smith as ruck).

If we go with tex, lynch, JJ, talia, lever and Harto only as our talls (excluding sauce as ruck) then we are one tall short and that's assuming lever would man up rather than play free.

Otten in provides flexibility forward and in defence to match up in talls, plus he could free up Harto to take Dangerfield when he goes forward leaving Kelly to mind Menzel.

The people carrying on about Otten haven't even looked at geelongs team sheet!
I agree with having the tall...but one who can run and chase. Keath was a better choice.

Cometh the moment cometh the man.

Otten surprised me a lot this year, I thought that he was a broken man that couldn't cut it. He played some brilliant footy this year. I'm hoping that his strong hands and accurate kick are on show. When he was clean and had first use he was awesome, as soon as the ball hit the deck we were in trouble. I wouldn't mind seeing him as the prime target with a dedicated crumber could be a master stroke.

If the media knew about Greenwood, why didn't they ask Pyke about it in his presser? Seems like bullshit. A bloke wearing runners at a light training run isn't an indication of their fitness!

Geelong are clearly trying to stack the side with marking targets as they know that's the only way they can beat us: out mark us coming out of defence and coming into our forward line.

I think they are too tall and slow. Last time we successfully managed to handball out of defence rather than playing into their hands with long kicks to marking targets. We also lowered the eyes inside 50 to nullify their tall defence.

Geelong's forward pressure is just as bad as ours. Motlop, Menzel not known for pressure and neither are their three talls.

Confident that even with Otten there, if we play the right game, Geelong won't have the answers.
Please make it so

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Preliminary Final - IN: Sloane, Otten, Melts OUT: Smith, McGovern

Back