Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I read every post, correct me if I'm wrong, but i can't remember one post mid game that pointed out the absence of swallow. ...I'm not sure what to make of that.

I still don't see it with Jacobs. Some of his defensive work in the centre square was ridiculously shit.

Not ready for seniors. Especially against essendons half back line.

Give the kid a full game.

You'll completely break his spirit this season by just dropping him after a 10 min cameo where the team was smashed.

Actually having watched VFL a lot this year at Eureka stadium, Benny Mabon has been a big improver. puttin it out there!?!? Thoughts?

I don't really understand the treatment of Goldstein on this board. Last week I thought he was a major reason why you guys beat Geelong yet the week after everyone wants him dropped traded/again. It's not like he was the only poor player for you guys today.

Don't take the words of a few irate posters post a loss as the sentiments of everyone CH. He's had great games and not so great ones. Today's was in the latter category but overall he's been one of the reasons we've been able to compete with the better teams all year, despite final results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really understand the treatment of Goldstein on this board. Last week I thought he was a major reason why you guys beat Geelong yet the week after everyone wants him dropped traded/again. It's not like he was the only poor player for you guys today.

Our Coach doesn't want-believe-have a clue or all or the aforementioned about how to support him...I am fearful of a long term injury with the work rate he is enduring these past few years.

What changes would you make?
if there is one game i want to win every year it's this one! come on kangas

I'd rest Ziebell, my heart is in the mouth with every leg knock. Not worth the risk.
Either Currie or Daw to come in, for Black (if suspended) or Tarrant. We need a second ruck and Drew needs to stay close to goal.
Levi for Hine maybe?
Wright probably just did enough to stay in.
Give Garner a full game. Maybe get BMac back in.
All about 2014 now.

By the time this game rolls around we will all know if Essendon will play finals or not.

Out: Goldstein, Tarrant, Jacobs
In: Currie, Daw, Greenwood

B: Mullet Thompson Delaney
HB: Atley Hansen Hine
C: Gibson Ziebell Cunnington
HF: Harvey Black Adams
F: Thomas Petrie Tarrant
R: Goldstein Bastinac Wells
I: McKenzie Greenwood Garner MacMillan

OUT: Jacobs
IN: Greenwood

Thought MacMillan and Wright fought out the game well and did some nice things. Hine to tag Stanton.
Bring in Levi. Daw if Blacky goes.

I think Black will get off.

Out: Tarrant, Garner, Jacobs (this guys needs a shrink, probably could be a superstar if he had his head screwed on right).
In: Daw, Gysberts, McKenzie

Watched only the first half so far, but preliminary thoughts:

Out: Jacobs, Hine
In: Greenwood, other

I think Jacobs is much too slow with his ball use, which isn't so bad if you are able to make time for yourself like Cunnington, but Jacobs doesn't. I like him though, think he will be a player for us, but needs a lot more work for the time being.

Hine is scrappy, and unless he's doing a very good job tagging (which he didn't in the first half), he isn't much use at all.

I read that Garner did nothing as the sub, but looking at the time he came on and the context of the match, hard to see him doing anything else. Hopefully gets another go next week, and maybe we could be in a nice position at 3/4 time which will let him settle in.

Off to watch the 2nd half, Tarrant will want to lift!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back