Preview Changes/Preview – Round 15 vs. North

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No question in my mind we have the most hated premiership coach of all time by his teams supporters. Not only that, this speed run by Goody will never be beaten, to go from a drought breaking 57 year flag to hated inside 3 years is hard to fathom.

Three years is generous.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Three years is generous.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm a generous person.

I hated him in 2022 even when we were winning. I remember having a whinge after a few wins back then and was told I was being too fussy.

Animated GIF

It's so hard to actually name a full side for 2 weeks time. There are players that need to come out that can’t, just because we don’t have anyone else to bring in!

I also dont like making wholesale changes week to week, but here’s my crack at it..

B: Bowey May Lever
HB: Rivers Petty McVee
C: Langdon Viney Windsor
HF: Tholstrup TMac ANB
F: Fritsch JVR Sestan

R: Gawn Oliver Pickett

I: Woewoeden Howes Salem Chandler(s)

If Lever isn’t ready then it’s Turner back there.

Oliver, Pickett, Rivers and ANB to share the main midfield rotations.

TMac to the forward line and hope to god we don’t play him into bad form like Petty - I just can’t bring myself to pick BBB or Fullarton.

Note that I’m not perfectly happy with the forward line from a competitor aspect. Ideally we’d always have at least 3 of the likes of Pickett, ANB and Petracca in there but alas we need them on the ball - we are hugely deficient in this area. Fingers crossed Tholstrup can help but we shouldn’t be asking that of a first year player.

So frustrating.

Maybe I still give too much credit to coaches in the AFL. The fact that all it took was a bit of positive media attention and all of a sudden everyone's tagging again is kinda embarrassing. Like Goody legit just watched on the couch and thought yeah that seems like a good idea and did it.

Maybe I still give too much credit to coaches in the AFL. The fact that all it took was a bit of positive media attention and all of a sudden everyone's tagging again is kinda embarrassing. Like Goody legit just watched on the couch and thought yeah that seems like a good idea and did it.
It's a boy's club of morons, top to bottom. Smart people in the AFL system are outliers.

It's a boy's club of morons, top to bottom. Smart people in the AFL system are outliers.
Yeah, I keep thinking there must be all these nuanced tactics and battles happening and then you listen to retired players and they talk about contest defence and putting on pressure. Think that's why Chris Scott and Longmire have kept Geelong and Sydney competitve for a decade because they do things a little different

Yes I'm all for this. We need to see if he can step up at AFL level or is destined to be a plodder.

It's the perfect time to debut him.

1) Petty hasn't earned his spot
2) He will be playing against VFL standard defenders
3) He will be on the end of VFL standard delivery

It is a great opportunity to ease him in AFL level. He has a strong chance to a kick a snag in front of his of friends and family at the 'G on Saturday night. What a treat for the young lad!

B: Mcvee May Howes
HB: Bowey Petty Salem
C: Windsor Rivers langdon
HF: Thulstrup Fullarton ANB
F: Pickett Roo Fritsch
R: Gawn Viney Oliver

I/C Sestan Tmac Sparrow Woey

Last edited:
What I’d like to see v North
B: Tomlinson - May - Howes
HB: Windsor - McDonald - McVee
C: Langdon - ANB - Woewodin
HF: Bowey - JVR - Tholstrup
F: Chandler - Fritsch - McAdam
R: Gawn - Rivers - Pickett
I: Viney - Verrall - Sestan - K Brown
Sub: Turner

What I know we’ll get:
B: Rivers - May - McVee
HB: Bowey - McDonald - Salem
C: Langdon - ANB - Sparrow
HF: Chandler - JVR - Pickett
F: Petty - BBB - Fritsch
R: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I: Windsor - Billings - Laurie - Turner
Sub: Fullarton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomlinson makes contact with the ball. Petty does not.

As much as I hate Trac being injured, hopefully it means Goody tries some different things. Tholstrup should be priority. Sestan and AMW debut. I don't rate him, but let's see more of Fullerton and give Max a chop out. If we lose to Norf then season will be officially over. Surely we're not THAT bad. But maybe we are.

If we were serious at least 2 of Fritsch, Oliver, Viney and Salem would be on the chopping block but it’ll be out Laurie and Billings.
Fritsch, just take all his mirrors away from him for a fortnight; and drop him.

Oliver is way off his Weeties. Should NOT be in the team. and shouldn't have been for the past month.

Salem is too slow by legs, and hasn't hit a target in 6 weeks.

Viney trying to play 3 mens roles, and starring in none of them.

Laurie give him 2 matches stating in the mids. Make or break.

Billings, tata.

As much as I hate Trac being injured, hopefully it means Goody tries some different things. Tholstrup should be priority. Sestan and AMW debut. I don't rate him, but let's see more of Fullerton and give Max a chop out. If we lose to Norf then season will be officially over. Surely we're not THAT bad. But maybe we are.
We are.

Season has been long over
It's a weird season though. So even. Get on a roll for a few weeks and you're top 4. Drop a couple you shouldn't(like us, and you're 12th). While I now think the flag isn't a realistic possibility, finals are surely still a chance. With the form we're in who knows, but we should be winning 2 of the next 3 which should put us back in the 8 with 7 rounds to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back