Preview Changes/Preview – Round 18 vs. Essendon - IN: Petty the RUCK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone give the Demons a chance of winning?
I tipped purely as a risky tip to maybe catch me up in my comp or set me further behind

Melbourne Essendon games can be funny sometimes though, a lot of times the outright favourite has lost

I tipped purely as a risky tip to maybe catch me up in my comp or set me further behind

Melbourne Essendon games can be funny sometimes though, a lot of times the outright favourite has lost
Not a bad risk. My prediction it will be a bit like our 2017/18 games a bit of a shit fight in the first half but essendon will break the game in the 3rd quarter and run out pretty comfortably in the end.

This is one of those games we could come out and win from nowhere.

Like others have said, Dons Dees games are often very weird with the favourite regularly not showing up

On current form there is a couple of others to bash before Sparrow.

I wouldn't be surprised either if we came out and pinched it, but the bombers have too much to lose.
I keep saying similar things for other teams this year but most teams keep shitting the bed when they have a chance to differentiate themselves from the pack. Odd year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently, Im not in any Dees related Facebook groups so have no idea, Dancing Potato to post links or screenshots to social media melts please

Please enjoy this curated selection. The spicier ones have been deleted.

Also, please enjoy my excellent redaction skills. You're welcome.

Screenshot_20240712-100139~2.png Screenshot_20240712-091526~3.png Screenshot_20240712-100123~3.png Screenshot_20240712-091504~2.png

This. Although I concur with the raging about the 8 useless Petty possessions incoming.
Its the same outcome no matter who we play in Gawn's place. I thought Verrall would have made the most sense coz at least he is a pure ruck and might win some hitouts (not exactly a game changer if he wins 5-10 more hitouts than Petty) to go along with his 8 useless possessions but its not a big enough difference to burn the club down over. Plenty of better reasons to do that.

Its the same outcome no matter who we play in Gawn's place. I thought Verrall would have made the most sense coz at least he is a pure ruck and might win some hitouts (not exactly a game changer if he wins 5-10 more hitouts than Petty) to go along with his 8 useless possessions but its not a big enough difference to burn the club down over. Plenty of better reasons to do that.
Yeah I agree we’ve got no rucks that can cover Gawn’s output. Yet, I still think our selection integrity is ****ed when a bloke who’s rated the worst player in the comp is straight in.

last year Essendon blitzed us in the first half by filling their forward line with talls and marking everything, perhaps if Petty does play ruck, then Petty might end up playing most of the game in defence if draper and co continually push forward to try and replicate last years deeds. Could this be tactical ingenuity from Goody? (pigs might fly but just trying to figure out what the idea is here)

last year Essendon blitzed us in the first half by filling their forward line with talls and marking everything, perhaps if Petty does play ruck, then Petty might end up playing most of the game in defence if draper and co continually push forward to try and replicate last years deeds. Could this be tactical ingenuity from Goody? (pigs might fly but just trying to figure out what the idea is here)
Confused Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back