Preview Changes/Preview – Round 23 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad Ben Affleck GIF

I'm no huge fan of the carnivorous RWNJ, but in terms of working for JVR I reckon he's the best option out of the ones currently available.

Made the squad in 2021, has definitely sniffed one. Regardless, I think we're a better team with him in.
Righto so one good year in a decade? We're only better because we have nothing else but he's not in the top 10 players you'd pick each week in anyone's list and that's damning for a 28 year old

I'm no huge fan of the carnivorous RWNJ, but in terms of working for JVR I reckon he's the best option out of the ones currently available.
Just feel like it's the same shit wearing a different hat.

At some point, we just need to accept that with Petty out, the rest of our KPF options are dreadful. Since Brown, T-Mac and Grundy are all broken in different ways, I just think we wouldn't be losing much going smaller. They're hardly creating a contest as it is.

If it has to be someone 195cm+, might as well just have a punt with Schache. At least he can move

Just feel like it's the same s**t wearing a different hat.

At some point, we just need to accept that with Petty out, the rest of our KPF options are dreadful. Since Brown, T-Mac and Grundy are all broken in different ways, I just think we wouldn't be losing much going smaller. They're hardly creating a contest as it is.

If it has to be someone 195cm+, might as well just have a punt with Schache. At least he can move
Makes absolutely no sense. Like picking a midfielder because he weighs over 85kgs to give you a better contested game

Just feel like it's the same s**t wearing a different hat.

Oh, I'm not excited about it, I just think he's the least worst option IMO. I have a different option to you about Schache's mobility tbh, I would put TMac ahead of him in terms of running power, but obviously agility is something Tom was not naturally blessed with - Just think his specific style of running high and being able to mark it will be the best thing in terms of opening up the forward line for us.

Are we going to talk about our completely ****ed midfield mix?

Oliver comes in and all of a sudden Viney is s**t.
Better not say anything about Oliver mate the nuffs will come for you.

We had a beautiful midfield balance and then we add another contested player 👌

Righto so one good year in a decade? We're only better because we have nothing else but he's not in the top 10 players you'd pick each week in anyone's list and that's damning for a 28 year old

Wish Howes was fit, hopefully next year hes ready to push and eventually take the place of Twinkle Toes or Bowey

Are we going to talk about our completely ****ed midfield mix?

Oliver comes in and all of a sudden Viney is s**t.

Im guessing Kozzy had 1 or 0 centre bounce attendances also.

Wish Howes was fit, hopefully next year hes ready to push and eventually take the place of Twinkle Toes or Bowey
For mind and I don't think we have anyone, but ideally I'd drop one of Salem or Bowey for a midsized marking defender. Rivers is standing up but outside Lever none of our defenders are mark first and I do think it hurts us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mind and I don't think we have anyone, but ideally I'd drop one of Salem or Bowey for a midsized marking defender.

Howes can play that exact role, good grab, good size, good runner.

Howes can play that exact role, good grab, good size, good runner.
Honestly don't know anything about him so I'll trust you.
When Lever is manning someone we really can't stop the ball hitting the deck enough. We are always under pressure because of it

watching grundy is painful
i don’t care if he was once an AA player i’d rather watch spud schache or joel the defender play forward

But why does he keep kicking dinky, loopy kicks that put the receiver under pressure?

I agree that his performance since coming back have been pretty decent, but this game clearly highlighted his deficiencies.
Absolutely this. Everyone knows I've had a hate boner for him most of last year but he has been decent since he came back. But by god his decision making and disposal last night reminded me why I dislike him in the team. He just adds nothing except turnovers and putting guys under pressure when he plays like that.

Team balance is key. Presently we have too many samey players in the side that diminish each other.

Blokes that play inside mid and only inside mid: Jordon, Oliver, Sparrow and Viney.

HBFs who are suspect defensively: Bowey and Salem (McVee and Rivers to a lesser extent).

Not quite KPPs: Melksham and Smith

Number one rucks: Gawn and Grundy

On the other hand our only genuine KPD is May and JVR is our only KPF.

We need to rectify this at selection.

In: Verrell, Farris-White, Dunstan, Harmes, BBB, T Mac, Woewodin, Spargo

Out: May, Hunter, Langdon, Rivers, ANB, Pickett, Chandler, McVee, Hibberd

The most epic part being when it actually was the right time for him to kick a dinky pass and hit a teammate 15ms away he had a crack at goal.
I think it was JVR in space but he pointed towards goals. I'm not blaming him but Salem is the senior player he should have just hit the pass. I'm thinking JVR was down on confidence because he already missed a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back