Preview Changes & Preview Round 18 - SUNS vs Ports @ PFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s relative tho. Someone not in great shape can lose 7ish kgs quickly (and then next x amount would be much harder).

Someone who is in relatively ok shape shouldn’t have 7 kgs to lose, much less a professional athlete.

If he had 7kgs that could be lost that quickly the only explanation is that he was in horrid not remotely close to afl shape to begin with.
Not really
You can bulk up too much, eg Greg Anderson
Then strip weight back & go for a leaner body shape. Duursma did that & it doesn’t mean he was in terrible condition when bulky.
A lot of players used to like carrying a few kgs of extra muscle in the middle of winter then strip back later in the season.
Anyway I am one of Dixons biggest critics but happy to give him another chance.
Interesting to see how he moves & plays. It’s kind of last chance hotel for him & he is our best backup ruckman

Whilst I agree he wasn't AFL fit coming into the season, we don't know what his body composition was before and after the 7kg weight loss.

Its almost a certainty that he lost some muscle mass along with whatever fat he may have lost. He probably should have slimmed down years ago to take the pressure of his feet and ankles.

I don't recall when but I do recall Tredrea losing about 3 kg one preseason to take the pressure of his knees.

Big difference between a fit guy losing 3kg in preseason training vs 7 kgs while injured and not playing any football.
But if people want to believe BigCums then so be it. He also thinks McEntee is underrated, so.

What im getting from this is that Dixon will have a poor game and Marshall will have a good one.

I guess we will have to wait and see. winks at camera
Chances are they'll both have a poor game while we amuse ourselves online arguing about which chair would look best where on the deck of the Titanic.

Interested to see how Lord goes, surely we won't have 2 players doing the Dixon role.
You can never have enough key forwards to bomb the ball to. The real problem is that without McEntree in the team to execute pressure acts when they bring it to ground we may not get enough repeat F50 entries.

I'm glad Dixon is back...

I think it's time to try the game plan of bombing it onto his head in the hope he will mark and we will crumb a goal.

12yrs of trying this hasn't given enough data to say if it works or not, so glad we can add to the data.

The question is, will Charlie still look as angry now that he’s shredded? Will the gaunt look create as much fear in his opponents? Will it be tv friendly? All crucial to our game plan.

Results going our way today, tomorrow more critical now.

Will be 4th and equal second with a win tomorrow if dees beat Essendon.

I know it’s all doom and gloom here but wanting us to lose when a chance for top 2 is still there for us is crazy in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results going our way today, tomorrow more critical now.

Will be 4th and equal second with a win tomorrow if dees beat Essendon.

I know it’s all doom and gloom here but wanting us to lose when a chance for top 2 is still there for us is crazy in my opinion.

Yeah, making the most of an advantage when there is a small amount of expectation is when this team really shines

Big difference between a fit guy losing 3kg in preseason training vs 7 kgs while injured and not playing any football.
But if people want to believe BigCums then so be it. He also thinks McEntee is underrated, so.
Dixon was suspended not injured.

He would've been training.

And the reality is his weight loss is probably the result of less weight work dropping muscle mass with more focus over the last couple of weeks on aerobic work.

Nah it's not that drastic you can lose 5 kilos in 2 weeks by just avoiding carbs.
Which is water weight in that time period, mostly.

He would put it all straight back on with the first nonnas spag bog. In actuality he probably lost around 2-2.5kg tops.

4th v 9th? I know where I’d rather be.

Wherever it takes to get rid of Hinkley. We're gaining zero from winning. We'll probably win the next 2 then we could well lose the last 5. All of it means zero because we aren't winning a flag under this regime.

Wherever it takes to get rid of Hinkley. We're gaining zero from winning. We'll probably win the next 2 then we could well lose the last 5. All of it means zero because we aren't winning a flag under this regime.

Probably not but I still want to have a crack at it. The competition has never been this even.

The question is, will Charlie still look as angry now that he’s shredded? Will the gaunt look create as much fear in his opponents? Will it be tv friendly? All crucial to our game plan.
He has gone to the kane cornes academy of gaunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back